• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would love help on two full days at DHS and EPCOT

abuck75

Mouseketeer
My 14 year old son and I completed a challenge where the prize was we could take a trip the 2 of us (without mom and brother) of his choice so I could focus on him. He picked Disney.

We have been to WDW 8-9 times, but not since the pandemic. We have been to DL each of the last two years so we have some experience with Genie + from those trips. We will be there December 9th - 12th staying at the Swan. We will go to MVMCP on Friday the 9th after our afternoon arrival.

As of now we have DHS on Saturday the 10th and Epcot on Sunday the 11th as our park reservations. We have park hoppers and will buy Genie + and pay for ILL as necessary. My son's goal is to be able to go "all-out" both days and ride his priority rides as much as possible. We have done RotR 7-8 times, so we do want to ride it, but probably with ILL 1 time. We would love to get into Brown Derby or Le Cellier one night and are monitoring or will try desperately day of. Because it's been a few years, here are his top rides and hopes on number of rides. We will wait a bit if necessary, (and sorry I'm behind on new acronyms)

GotGCR - Hoping to ride 3 times if possible
SDD - 2+
MMRR
Test Track
Ratatouille
TSM
Mission Space
TOT
RRC
MFSR
Soarin
Star Tours

I used to rely on other sites that are no longer in existence for RD strategy, and this site and The Dis podcasts/patreon for more general Disney info. I'm hoping for the generosity of a planner to help point me to right resources or provide some guidance on how you'd go about trying to accomplish these two full days.

I don’t think you can do GotG 3x in one day unless there are extra evening hours, and those typically fall on a Wednesday for EP.
So you’ll have to go for a VQ and buy the ILL$ for that.
I’d probably get the G+ for TT and RD Remy.
I’m guessing Soarin’ and MS will be easy to get for your next G+ or just standby.

For HS- SDD would be the first G+ to go for, then probably again at the end of the night before park closes.
From what I’ve read here, RD ToT and RnR, then see what’s available for next G+.

Have lots of fun!!!

Thank you. With park Hopper I was planning to buy ILL for GotG 2 days and hope to get VQ on the day we start in Epcot.

I would say we definitely plan to hop between both parks both days

Just my two cents, you can squeeze a lot in having hoppers.

Epcot

GotGCR - Hoping to ride 3 times if possible- not possible in one day but if you hop, you can make it happen 2x each day if you can secure the VQ and pay for the iLL$. This would be the priority order for G+ @ epcot. And if you get to the parks early for ETPE, you can RD Remy or TT or at park close on a day you hop to epcot and likely not even need G+ for Epcot given you don't have a long ride list. Just keep in mind, if you're trying to buy your iLL$ for GOG, you may need to enlist your son to help. It really depends on the day but I'd suspect December will be busy. I'd put your MDE account on his phone too and one of you do iLL$ and the other secure G+.
#1 Ratatouille
#2 Test Track
#3 Soarin
Mission Space- this should be pretty easy to get on

DHS
SDD - 2+ - this will be tough, just getting 1 G+ is hard enough so the strategy for DHS would be the below priorities for G+ and then to RD to get on SDD early AM if you want to ride twice-
#1 SDD
#2 TOT
#3/#4 RRC/Smugglers (these are close and rival for 3/4)

You do not need G+ to ride to get on MMRR, TSM and Star Tours. You can usually hit these later in the day when the park starts to clear out. DHS gets to be less and less crowded as the day goes on. And you can get in line for these at park close as well.
MMRR
TSM
Star Tours

Thank you!

I’m half tempted to start at Epcot both days and stack LL in DHS both. My only concern is staying busy until 2 at Epcot.

Feels like that avoids both parks when they are busiest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter