Worth it to Book Free Dining Booked Thru AAA

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
my AAA agent is part-time & she takes her time to return phone calls:rolleyes:, getting ready to book a week on free dining plan & wondering if it's worth waiting for her help:confused3

i know in the past i was able to get an additional room discount on AAA packges, not sure if it applies to free dining promo or not:confused:

has anybody booked thru them lately with free dining?popcorn::If so, did u get any discount or gift card?

I booked directly with Disney when the lovely CM checked and told me I had a PIN for free DDP. This was before the DDP was announced to general public for December.

Before I paid my deposit through Disney, I called AAA. They came back with EXACTLY the same numbers as Disney. I couldn't get the AAA agent to convince me that going through them had a benefit, so I kept my package that I booked directly with Disney. AAA has some "perks" but we wouldn't have used much, if any. If we were driving, I would consider, just for the preferred parking, but we are flying and using Disney tx to get around.

Disney CMs were so much more helpful than AAA.

I was really working the numbers before I got the free dining PIN and was looking at a "room only" reservation. Disney could apply the AAA discount to the room.

Also, I think others here have said that if you book through a travel agent, including AAA, Disney will not have your information until shortly before your trip. The AAA agent said he could handle my ADRs, but he wasn't going out on a limb to help me understand that. AND I'm not sure he would know what to do if my 1st choice isn't available. I can get up at 6 AM and do the work and be done before he mozies into the office.

I don't have personal experience, but from reading the boards it doesn't look as though anyone has had success at getting an AAA discount on the room portion of a package that includes free dining -- whether by booking through AAA or otherwise.

Maybe I'll be corrected if wrong, but I think the place that booking through AAA really helps is if you want a magic your way package with dining (where you pay for the diniing) and also an AAA room discount.

u guys r smart!

i called another AAA office & spoke to nice agent who confirmed no room discount on this pkg. She did mention the parking pass, story time, etc., yet just not worth the hassle of working w/TA imo.

went ahead & booked thru WDTCo:thumbsup2

I always book through my AAA - TA. I do all my dining and special event type reservations myself. She just books the package.

I like having access to some of the extra benefits. However some of that has changed. Since you will be booking a special package from disney rather than a aaa package, you won't necessarily be eligable for all the advertised benefits.

The only negative I have is that I cannot change my package reservation myself is something changes. I have to go through her. Usually for us, once I book the days we are going and they type of package we book doesn't change.

One plus if you have a good TA is that some will keep up with any new codes that come out and let you know, sometimes already having the 'new' quote ready for you. AAA doesn't get a commision based on what you book, so there is no reason for them to push you to get more or keep you from getting a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter