Worst Value Meal (Most overpriced)

Hollywood and Vine. Terrible food and very high price. Christmas characters were great and we have some great pictures but the food was disgusting as was the service. Only time in over a hundred visits to Disney where I truly resented having to pay for my meal.

Hollywood and Vine. Terrible food and very high price. Christmas characters were great and we have some great pictures but the food was disgusting as was the service. Only time in over a hundred visits to Disney where I truly resented having to pay for my meal.
I second this one! We had to grab some hot dogs at Casey’s when we left H&V Christmas party.

The whole thread though is about what a person felt in regards to the money spent to their meal they got.

Hard to describe what one considers value in terms of money spent and what their meal was without discussing the cost..
They were specifically saying the pancakes were a poor value because of the cost in terms of the whole experience. It's a flawed argument as evidenced.

I'll never go back to H&V, we tried a breakfast and I hated it but DW wanted to do the Holiday themed thing so I reluctantly agreed again... now we're both in agreement. It's not a buffet thing either, one of our must do every trip is Crystal Palace for breakfast.

They were specifically saying the pancakes were a poor value because of the cost in terms of the whole experience. It's a flawed argument as evidenced.
Whether it is or isn't to someone I was commenting on your specific comment.

In terms of the OP's $40 pancakes I see it both ways. Their example may have been offputting to some but I understood their overall thread question they put forth.

I'll never go back to H&V, we tried a breakfast and I hated it but DW wanted to do the Holiday themed thing so I reluctantly agreed again... now we're both in agreement. It's not a buffet thing either, one of our must do every trip is Crystal Palace for breakfast.
Same with us. I’m not against character buffets at all. Crystal Palace breakfast last trip was a highlight. Enjoyed Garden Grill and Cape May too.

I cannot understand what is unfair about the OP’s subjective view that the pancake breakfast was not worth the price- other than the fact that people disagree. The whole debate is ridiculous. Some Disney meals are better than others and some are bloody awful. OP thinks it was not worth it. Some other people disagree. What happened to these boards where people cannot have an opinion without getting slammed by others?

Worst value on my most recent trip? BOG lunch. It was blah. Figured it would be but I thought I would try it since we have previously done breakfast. I like the castle and that somewhat mitigates the mediocre expensive food, but this time there were way more people than available seating. We ate our meal with a crowd of people standing around us waiting to pounce on a table. Because of the excess humanity, it was louder than normal and claustrophobic to have people standing over us, and chaotic.

I love Disney and always will, but NONE of their food it’s worth their prices. Yes I can enjoy a rave about characters meals, but I’m paying for the interaction, for the memory me and my kids are making, not for the nothing special micky waffle.
Mmmyep, this--though for me, the big reason I get excited about food at WDW is just that I can have whatever I want. I don't restrict myself on diet when I'm on vacation and there's a lot more variety available there than at home, without having to do any cooking. So I enjoy eating around the World...but when you look at any one meal it's always possible to think of somewhere you could have gotten something just as good or better outside of Disney property. Tbh that's one reason I don't go in for steak or burgers at WDW; those two things are very easy to come by in high quality here in Montana, so eating at a theme park steakhouse in Florida feels like automatic bad value to me. But that's totally subjective, just like all this discussion of "value" in each person's eyes.
BOG by farrrr. The place is cool and meeting beast is nice but the food when i went was gross and im not a picky eater, and beast cant interact much so really not worth it. I would go back for lunch because its cheaper just for the dinning rooms decor though
Man, I want to want to go to BOG for dinner. I like the idea of it being a bit calmer and more atmospheric than lunch, and the menu does appeal to me at least on paper...but at its current price point I just can't quite justify it. It just isn't quite within the realm of what I'll pay for that particular experience. I loved BOG lunch in 2015, though (we actually hunted down a second reservation for it because we liked it so much the first time), so I guess lunch it is for me! The breakfast has always sounded massively overpriced to me. I know people book it PPO for early access to rides, but I just can't justify that one to myself, either.

I can't remember any particular ones from WDW over the years, but as for worst value on a Disney trip that I can remember: all of the counter service meals in Disneyland Paris. All of them. There were decent snacks to be found here and there (I drank so many tasty coffees and ate so many crepes), but the counter service meals themselves were uniformly unappealing, overpriced, and required waiting in excessively long lines. I actually under-ate for the first time ever on a Disney trip just because I couldn't work up the motivation to wait in line for something I wouldn't even like. The two buffets I did there were great, though--that's the trick to it, I guess. Next time I go I'm going to get the dining plan so I'll have a buffet credit to use every day.

Next time leave the sauce off of pasta and see if it changes much.

Eeeks gads. 1) It was my daughter, not me, the OP. 2) She put syrup on, just not banana sauce. I saw it at another table. It was a couple slices of banana and sauce, really not a huge difference from the syrup she used.

Here is a photo I found online with the fruit...

I did NOT have a bad experience. Please dont misquote my words. I just wanted to give heads up to someone that when paying $40 there, consider ordering a different meal and I showed a picture of the pancakes. Thats it. So simple.

If I really wanted to show a bad value, here is what my DD got for 2 TS Adult DxDDP credits at Le Cellier, though this one was 100% by choice. The pancakes were as on the menu with syrup instead of banana flavored sauce.

Last edited:
^^^
Is that a piece of salmon?

Sure is. But just to make it clear, before I get slaughtered here, that is all she wanted. Anyone else who orders the salmon would have some side dishes on the plate as well. For this reason, I didnt post it as the worst, IMO, valued meal (most expensive).

If I really wanted to show a bad value, here is what my DD got for 2 TS Adult DxDDP credits at Le Cellier, though this one was 100% by choice. The pancakes were as on the menu with syrup instead of banana flavored sauce.

View attachment 433536

That made me laugh! If I was you I would be rolling my eyes saying thankfully it's the ddp and not oop.

We took 3 kids to a character breakfast and paid $15 each to watch them only eat Fruit Loops. I remember it well and shake my head, but Tigger was great!

I'd say (my opinion only) that the $40.00 wasn't the actual price for the MEAL - but rather for the value that Disney Dining Plan put on the meal.
1 Adult Breakfast Credit ≈ $40.00.
------------------------------------
Worst value I think I've had was several years ago - a dinner that was so highly spiced I could barely eat a slice of the meat.
I might have sent it back, if our server had ever come back to the table. As it was, we had to flag down somebody else for the check, and a 3rd person brought it. Dropped it on the table without a word and vanished like our server. I'm not positive, but I think my DH left either the exact amount of the check, or a rounded amount slightly less. I remember he was rather in a hurry to leave, which is unlike him.

BOG is close, but IMO, only for a repeat trip for breakfast. I think going once was 'worth it' just for the atmosphere. I had the meat & cheese plate, and felt it was a bit expensive, but adequate. DH said he'd have liked to have a chicken egg, instead of a sparrow egg, but it was tasty :tilt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter