worst Disney transportation ever (sorry -- long) guess this is a vent!

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
It showed up what I would guess to be another 15 - 20 minutes later. (But there again could be wrong. ;) ) It's watching a microwave -- seems like an eterinity when it's not. ;)
Then once the guests on the slow monorail disembarked, then they came on ours.

This is what confuses me... I just assumed you were on the Resort beam... but... you say you were going to Epcot... hrmm... that changes everything... lol... You also mention the driver said the train behind y'all... but, then that train pulled into the station at the same time...

Hrmm... Okay... I think I got it. You were on the Epcot beam... and the slow train was on the Express beam? And then it came in, and unloaded onto your train... OOOH... I know!!! LOL

The train that came in and unloaded onto your train was the Express train... not the train behind you. If the train behind you on the Epcot beam is having technical difficulties, and is limited to 15mph, then they will hold the train in front. Once that train gets there, Central will give your train clearance to proceed. Your train will now hold at Epcot. The broken train will either undergo a Maintenace Check at the station, or will go back to shop. Either way, it will be a while before there is another train in the station after your train. So thats why they held it.

Although it may not seem it... there always is a method to the madness! :)

Once again you amaze me! :)
Like you, I figured there was a reason. ;)
Now I can amaze any others I may get stuck on a monorail with again. ;) :jester:

Originally posted by jennymouse
Tyler, would you mind telling me how to get back to AKL after the our night at Hoop Dee Doo Review and the hayride? MK closes at 6pm and we won't be finished with HDD/hayride until 9:30pm or so. Will we need to go all the way to DTD to catch a AKL bus? We will be going to HDD on 10/30 & there is the 999 Haunts Ball going on at MK that night....will there be AKL buses still running for the party we could catch?

Would we be better off catching a taxi?

I've never heard of the 999 Haunts Ball before, so I can't tell you if there will be transportation for that. If it's a Disney thing that guests can purchase tickets for, then most likely there will be transportation for it.

I always hate sending guests to DTD to transfer, because it is time consuming. However, you could take an Outpost bus to the Fort Wilderness Outpost, then a DTD bus, and then an AK Lodge bus

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express

I've never heard of the 999 Haunts Ball before, so I can't tell you if there will be transportation for that. If it's a Disney thing that guests can purchase tickets for, then most likely there will be transportation for it.

I always hate sending guests to DTD to transfer, because it is time consuming. However, you could take an Outpost bus to the Fort Wilderness Outpost, then a DTD bus, and then an AK Lodge bus

LOL I guess I better plan on the taxi! Thanks, Tyler!

Why did you go from the Contemporary to the TTC to the Epcot monorail just to get a bus to POR, when you could have just stayed on the monorail and gotten the POR bus from the MK? We have always used the parks as hubs when going from resort to resort. It's faster than going to DTD.

Only the Ft Wilderness buses for MK go through TTC. Something that has irritated me for years since I pay as much for a cabin when I stay there as I do for a room at AKL.

I have to go with Tyler on this. For me, one of the best parts of a WDW vacation is not driving - I love their transportation system. I've stayed at just about every on-site resort. I usually hit WDW 5-6 times a year. I absolutely love not having to worry about parking, not getting in a hot car after being out in the heat all day (although sometimes I wish the air conditioning in the buses wasn't quite so cold), the short rest in the bus after being on my feet all day - I truly love WDW's transportation. The only resort I hated as far as transportation was WL. I will never stay there again because of the transportation and I let the resort manager know that is why I won't be back. I still can't believe a deluxe resort shares a bus with the campground. It took us forever to go just about everywhere. Overall though, I wish I were able to live in a city that had transportation as well thought out and run as WDW! When I get back to my home airport and have to find my car and actually drive it home, I know vacation is over.

I have to go with Tyler on this. For me, one of the best parts of a WDW vacation is not driving - I love their transportation system. I've stayed at just about every on-site resort. I usually hit WDW 5-6 times a year. I absolutely love not having to worry about parking, not getting in a hot car after being out in the heat all day (although sometimes I wish the air conditioning in the buses wasn't quite so cold), the short rest in the bus after being on my feet all day - I truly love WDW's transportation. The only resort I hated as far as transportation was WL. I will never stay there again because of the transportation and I let the resort manager know that is why I won't be back. I still can't believe a deluxe resort shares a bus with the campground. It took us forever to go just about everywhere. Overall though, I wish I were able to live in a city that had transportation as well thought out and run as WDW! When I get back to my home airport and have to find my car and actually drive it home, I know vacation is over.

"The only resort I hated as far as transportation was WL. "

Teenas, I have to agree. WLV in July transportation was pretty bad. We aways used WDW transportation but after this trip I'll rent a car. We used to stay at Y&BC (prior to DVC) and never had a problem with transportation. I guess I'm spoiled and want my air conditioned boats at that time of year. At WLV if took us at least an hour to get anywhere! Waited for the Contemporary-WL boat for 50 minutes one night. Finally started taking taxis halfway through the trip (added expense but worth it)

I, also, love Disney transportation. Which is one of the main reasons we *must* be on the monorail. We spend most of our time at MK so we either walk from Contemporary (there in 10 mins.) or you are the first stop from the GF.

Next year we are splitting between CBR (and I'm very nervous about all the stops the bus makes at that resort) and the Polynesian.

Part of my plan is to go to Seaworld while at the CBR (eliminates one day of doing "buses") and going to parks that are closer to CBR and then when we get to Poly, go to MK and Epcot more.

With 3 trips in the past 4 years, we have never had any problem at all with buses - and we have had nights where it was standing room only on the bus.

Tyler - I love reading all your insightful insider info.

Anna

:) :D

I, also, love Disney transportation. Which is one of the main reasons we *must* be on the monorail. We spend most of our time at MK so we either walk from Contemporary (there in 10 mins.) or you are the first stop from the GF.

Next year we are splitting between CBR (and I'm very nervous about all the stops the bus makes at that resort) and the Polynesian.

Part of my plan is to go to Seaworld while at the CBR (eliminates one day of doing "buses") and going to parks that are closer to CBR and then when we get to Poly, go to MK and Epcot more.

With 3 trips in the past 4 years, we have never had any problem at all with buses - and we have had nights where it was standing room only on the bus.

Tyler - I love reading all your insightful insider info.

Anna

:) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter