World Passport in Caribbean

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're thinking of a possible trade through the World Passport Collection to someplace in the Caribbean ( can you tell we just came back from a cruise?). Anyway, has anyone been there and done that and could make some recommendations of nice places that we have the ability to trade into.

TIA

Well friday we take off to the royal islander on st martin can't wait will post a review on our return :smooth: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You don't give much to go on but here goes. The resorts in the Caribbean that are worthy of a DVC trade and on the DVC list include the following:
  • Aruba - Marriott, Royal Palm, Maybe Playa Linda and if Costa Linda is added, it too.
  • St. Martin, really nothing there truly worthy and reasonable to trade even for DVC.
  • Cayman's - Reef Resort and Grand Caymanian
  • Cancun (yes it's part of the Caribbean) all the true Royals, excluding VCI
  • PR - Hyat, maybe if they get the hotel attached squared away.
  • Others - Westin St. John, St. James Antigua
There are other resorts worth staying at but not worth giving up 218-270 DVC points. And for off season, few of those resorts are a really good deal. I can't speak to much about the Sea Aquarium resort (Curacao) or Alexandra (Turks). Of course some of these will be great for familes and others not at all and would be better suited for a couple to relax.

Dean:

Do you know offhand if the Royal Hideaway resort in Riviera Maya is one of the resorts that we can exchange into?

Thank you

Originally posted by sweetp267
Dean:

Do you know offhand if the Royal Hideaway resort in Riviera Maya is one of the resorts that we can exchange into?

Thank you
It's not. Are you referring to Allegro Royal Hideaway Playacar (#5693) If so, it's an RCI resort. You might be able to get it on a direct exchange or from an independent exchange company. My guess is it's not that difficult to get for an RCI member if you plan ahead. This is an area where RCI has far more and better than II if you exclude Cancun.

gracelrm

how do i sent you a private message or email, you do not have email bar or private message bar, like everyone else?

Please email me at jpb@sutv.com

Thanks for the information Dean - that's what I was looking for, even if I wasn't too specific.

KANSAS - I emailed you

Disneydom - Have a great time - we were in St. Maarten for a day and thought the beaches were beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter