Working part time at Disney after I retire

oh, but they have good retirement at 20 years if your over 60
I am just glad that I have retirement at all. My previous employer didn't have anything, so I expected to never be able to retire. So the good news is I will hit 20 years right around "retirement" age for SS.

I am just glad that I have retirement at all. My previous employer didn't have anything, so I expected to never be able to retire. So the good news is I will hit 20 years right around "retirement" age for SS.

actualy since you hav a lot of time in SS you will have a great retirement at 66 also put a liitle bit on money in the government retirement things you have, I think minimum is 20 a pay day, do that, it increase huge . But the rel question is will you still be sexy at 66

actualy since you hav a lot of time in SS you will have a great retirement at 66 also put a liitle bit on money in the government retirement things you have, I think minimum is 20 a pay day, do that, it increase huge . But the rel question is will you still be sexy at 66
I will be putting half of any raises in the deferred comp.

Do you doubt my sexiness ? You know it'll only get better with age. :)

My boyfriend just retired at age 54 from the Department of Corrections. I’m trying so hard not to be envious.

He wants us to move south...

My boyfriend just retired at age 54 from the Department of Corrections. I’m trying so hard not to be envious.

He wants us to move south...
Only works if you have guaranteed benefits until Medicare kicks in.
Seen many retire early, and then have to go back to work as they needed the benefits. They didn't realize how expensive insurance was when they had to pay 100%.

Is the discount rate public knowledge?
Just curious what it is?

I often hear people talk about moving to FL when they retire and then working at WDW. I only know one person who actually attempted but didn't get hired.
I think when I retire I'd just rather move down there and visit the park as a guest.
I don't think I'd have it in my at retirement age to deal with some of the guests :lmao:

Discount varies during the year. There is a higher % discount during the holiday season.

Ok...that's it, then. Pretty much everyone is down on doing the Disney thing during retirement. Thought it might be fun, since it has such special meaning to our family when the kids were growing up--but guess not. No one seems to endorse it at all. Didn't realize working for Disney was so miserable. Thanks for your candor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter