• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woodfield-Doorway to Dreams Incentives

vandy

Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!
I know there were initial incentives to members who attended the preview days/grand opening, but does anyone know if there are any incentives for add-ons right now that are different or better than what we can get through our own guide? (Such as dollars off and developer points?)

I asked this yesterday because some friends of mine were at WDW last week and decided to buy DVC. They were set to buy Saratoga and get just the double developer points. I told them to ask their guide about the $ discount, too. It isn't available unless you went to one of the preview days presentations last week. BUT... the friends are driving to Woodfield today to do the deal because they were told they would get a $500 mall certifcate in addition to the 420 developer points when they buy 210 points at Saratoga.

OK, found the phone number to the store so I called and talked to a guide. The same incentives offered during the preview and grand opening are good until the end of August so yes, the discount is still in place with developer points. I believe in Florida you only get $10/pt off OR double developer points. At Woodfield you get as stated in other threads:

110 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 110 developer points
160 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 240 developer points
210 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 420 developer points

12 months to use developer points and banking deadlines are relaxed so you can bank the 2006 points to 2007. Need to sign up at the store. Also found out that our guide in Florida will receive part compensation for the transaction.

We were at the preview also and were told that we had 7 days to decide on the initial offer of no closing costs, developer points and 2006 UY points. We were interested in 110 points so it worked out to 110 Dec. 06 points, 110 upcoming Dec. 07 points and the 110 developer points but we had to accept the offer within the week which is today. So is this not true and the offer will still be good through the end of the month? Our Guide seemed a slight bit confused. We still need a little time to mull this one over and if we can I would love to sit on this for awhile.

Sorry:sad2: but forgot to add the $8.00 per point credit at AKV and $10.00 per point credit at SSR which was a part of the deal.

OK, found the phone number to the store so I called and talked to a guide. The same incentives offered during the preview and grand opening are good until the end of August so yes, the discount is still in place with developer points. I believe in Florida you only get $10/pt off OR double developer points. At Woodfield you get as stated in other threads:

110 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 110 developer points
160 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 240 developer points
210 (2006)pts at $10 off per point plus 420 developer points

12 months to use developer points and banking deadlines are relaxed so you can bank the 2006 points to 2007. Need to sign up at the store. Also found out that our guide in Florida will receive part compensation for the transaction.
I'll find out later today if this is accurage as friends of mine drove there this afternoon to buy 210 points. They were told 420 developer points at Saratoga but NO $ discount. They are paying $104 per point. BUT they were told they'd get a $500 mall gift card.

For SSR ($104/point), my understanding it that it's the buyers choice of $10/point credit OR double developer points if you purchase at least 210 points, plus if you purchase a minimum of 220 points, and additional $500 woodfield mall GC.

We were on our way to a soccer tourney Sunday that was cancelled, so we detoured to Woodfield and sat through the afternoon presentation. We ended up with 7 pairs of mouseears, a DVC duffle bag, DVC AKV trading pin, and some other goodies. Nice concept - I'm guessing that if it takes off they will definitely expand to other metro markets.

For SSR ($104/point), my understanding it that it's the buyers choice of $10/point credit OR double developer points if you purchase at least 210 points, plus if you purchase a minimum of 220 points, and additional $500 woodfield mall GC.

We were on our way to a soccer tourney Sunday that was cancelled, so we detoured to Woodfield and sat through the afternoon presentation. We ended up with 7 pairs of mouseears, a DVC duffle bag, DVC AKV trading pin, and some other goodies. Nice concept - I'm guessing that if it takes off they will definitely expand to other metro markets.

yes, you're right. The friend was going to do 210 through DVC in Florida and then increased it to 220 to be able to get the $500 GC. But it was still a choice of $10 /point discount OR the double developer points, not both.

I called the store again and was given the same exact information as I posted before, which was the same offer given last weekend. Prior to my calling Woodfield again, my guide from Florida called. He was notified of my call and wanted to make sure I knew of the Florida incentives. He also confirmed that Woodfield was able to continue their initial offer until the end of August and wished that he was able to do the same. If we wanted double developer points, he could do that, but not with the discount like Woodfield is offering. Plus the Florida incentives were projected to run out around the middle of the month.

One last note, you do have seven days to decide, but that is after you have visited with the guide at the store. Again, nothing is done over the phone, you must go there in person.

If other posters are hearing something different, are the guides in Chicago working with the same information?

Has anyone calculated the advantages of the 110 pt. Chicago offer vs. the Florida offer? We keep thinking Chicago isn't that much better, if at all, for this level of purchase compared to the double developer points in FL. If someone figures it differently let us know so we can make the best decision.

This is how we figured it based on the fact that we wanted 100 SSR pts.

Chicago offer:

110 pts.minimum - OK - we could go 10 more points.
$10 off pp (for SSR which we wanted) - same as FL
110 - matching developer points total 110 - NOT in FL BUT FL was offering DOUBLE developer points (with no $10 off pp)
110 - 2006 points - same as FL
110 - 2006 points were bankable - same as FL (we have Dec. UY)
No closing costs - same as FL
MF pro-rated for 2006 pts. - same as FL
Automatic loan approval (which we did not need)

Chicago vs. Florida

Chicago

110 pts. at $94 pp = $10340.00
110 dev. points + 110 (2006 pts.) = 220 pts.
460 pts. more over next 46 yrs. + MF for those years

Florida

100 pts. at $104 pp = $10400.00
200 dev. points + 100 (2006 pts.) = 300 pts

We added on 110 pts at AKV last Sat. (after the preview dates) and got the $8 off and the 110 dev. points.

We took family up to Woodfeild on Saturday and they got either points or discount for first timers. Add-ons got both points and discount!!! We didn't add-on due to DS being 17 and not wanting to go much anymore. But if you add-on they gave both. But they said only one week until they did either or.

I called the store again and was given the same exact information as I posted before, which was the same offer given last weekend. Prior to my calling Woodfield again, my guide from Florida called. He was notified of my call and wanted to make sure I knew of the Florida incentives. He also confirmed that Woodfield was able to continue their initial offer until the end of August and wished that he was able to do the same. If we wanted double developer points, he could do that, but not with the discount like Woodfield is offering. Plus the Florida incentives were projected to run out around the middle of the month.

One last note, you do have seven days to decide, but that is after you have visited with the guide at the store. Again, nothing is done over the phone, you must go there in person.

If other posters are hearing something different, are the guides in Chicago working with the same information?
The friends I mentioned did drive to Woodfield yesterday and did buy exactly as I said: 220 points at Saratoga. NO $ discount from the $104 price but double developer points and a $500 gift certifcate to Woodfield Mall.

We took family up to Woodfeild on Saturday and they got either points or discount for first timers. Add-ons got both points and discount!!! We didn't add-on due to DS being 17 and not wanting to go much anymore. But if you add-on they gave both. But they said only one week until they did either or.

This identifies the differences in incentives stated on this thread. I was investigating an add-on and so add-ons get both developer points AND the discount. Inkmahm's friends were buying new into DVC so they received either or, but not both. Thanks everyone.

EBENMAX makes a very good point and I am not sure Woodfield is that great of a deal, but it is worth looking into. For me, the double developer points for a one time use isn't that big of an incentive. The $10 off per point may be more of an incentive. To have the discount, plus matching developer points really starts to be enticing. For others, double developer points may be a huge incentive. It all varies on what points you currently have and what you wish to have to fulfill your vacation plans. On a 100 point add-on, the extra $1000 in savings means 10 more pts (@94/pt) you can buy and that may make a difference to someone's plans. Everyone within driving distance of Woodfield should look at both offers before they decide.

That is the beauty of DVC, it is not a one-size-fits-all so what may be a good deal to one, may not be to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter