WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

I'm hoping you are right cause I've been telling the family that we need to eat there at least once. If it's really good it could be an almost everyday thing. We also have to enjoy the cabana at CC for a day, it is going to be a rough week!

I am wondering if I am the only one here who is dreading the new drawn to magic menu. One preset app and Sup with no salad choice is really upsetting to me.

Yes, but that is only one night of 14, if I'm understanding correctly, I'm sure I'll live, but I understand your frustration, I'm commonly one to order two apps, a soup and salad...... And that's it, but off that menu, the schnitzel looks interesting.... I'll live, but we shall see what the smaller menu looks like on a longer cruise, that one was only 4 days

My biggest problem is that preset app to me look absolutely horrible. I don't like duck or salmon. I understand what you are saying but there needs to be a option. I wonder what the app is for people who are alergic to shellfish?

I am wondering if I am the only one here who is dreading the new drawn to magic menu. One preset app and Sup with no salad choice is really upsetting to me.

Alan, I agree with you. it was the one thing I really disliked on the fantasy cruise we took. I am quite picky and there was nothing on the appetiser offering I would eat (in fact, my not picky at all son even turned his nose up at it). I just went without that night - it didn't kill me. I understand the reason they do it, as they need to make the service quicker that night, but I agree that the idea of a pre-set appetiser is not great.

It took a little geting used to on our first cruise on the Fantasy. Not my favorite menu, but the show makes up for it.

My biggest problem is that preset app to me look absolutely horrible. I don't like duck or salmon. I understand what you are saying but there needs to be a option. I wonder what the app is for people who are alergic to shellfish?
I was wondering the same thing about the shellfish allergy. Thank goodness I love seafood, and I can eat it!

Well to be honest I am not a fan of dinner shows. So I am really not looking forward to this night at all. I just like to sit down and enjoy my dinner. I don't need all these "shows". In any event since our huge party involves kids we will have to duke it out. I wanted to go to palo this night but I got overruled.

Ut oh, I obviously missed something.

Alan, I agree with you. it was the one thing I really disliked on the fantasy cruise we took. I am quite picky and there was nothing on the appetiser offering I would eat (in fact, my not picky at all son even turned his nose up at it). I just went without that night - it didn't kill me. I understand the reason they do it, as they need to make the service quicker that night, but I agree that the idea of a pre-set appetiser is not great.

I was wondering the same thing about the shellfish allergy. Thank goodness I love seafood, and I can eat it!

DH is allergic to shellfish. Normally he orders his dinner the night before as they prepare his dinner elsewhere. DCL takes cross contamination very seriously.

Stephanie, you definitely need to try it. The chicken was my favourite on the Magic.
The chicken was really good but that side of Pete's didn't seem to be open every time I was up on deck 9. Not sure what was up with that since it is not its own place.
Yes, but that is only one night of 14, if I'm understanding correctly, I'm sure I'll live, but I understand your frustration, I'm commonly one to order two apps, a soup and salad...... And that's it, but off that menu, the schnitzel looks interesting.... I'll live, but we shall see what the smaller menu looks like on a longer cruise, that one was only 4 days
I didn't order the appetizer so I can't say if that is any good, the spaghetti soup was ok although the meatballs in it were horrible tasting. The chicken schnitzel was awesome, hands down the best chicken I had onboard. Honestly, the only reason you go to Animator's that night is to draw your own person not for the menu. The menu that night is very limited so you can watch the show on the wall and service goes kinda quick because of it.
Well to be honest I am not a fan of dinner shows. So I am really not looking forward to this night at all. I just like to sit down and enjoy my dinner. I don't need all these "shows". In any event since our huge party involves kids we will have to duke it out. I wanted to go to palo this night but I got overruled.
I agree with you, I just want to eat and not have all the distraction of a show also. I thought I would hate Tiana's because of the live music but surprisingly I actually liked that in the background.

Now food wise- this was the worst cruise for food I have ever been on. After some of our party got food poisoning(among others onboard) on night 2 we really watched and limited what we were willing to eat. Actually, if we hadn't already paid for airfare we all agreed we would have canceled this PC cruise when we got back. The "new" Wonder was really lacking for us as the ship seemed so much better last year. A lot of sick people, many who were quarantined, bad food, horrible smells, noise in the rooms so bad we were offered ear plugs and just a general lack of cleanliness onboard. We were concierge and I will be honest, I will never pay DCL price for that again. I've sailed other lines and I have always hyped Disney as the best but they lost me on this one. Here's hoping this PC cruise goes better or it will be a long 2 weeks!

Wow Stephanie, I'm sorry you had so many issues. I did wonder why you'd been quiet in the group since you got back. Hope everyone is suitably recovered and I hope our experience in April is significantly improved.

This is our second Disney Cruise- first was Feb 2016 on the Fantasy -enjoying our Star Wars Day at Sea! Loved every moment of every day . We (Mike & Sharon ) would love to be a part of Fish Extenders Gift giving again - Mike was like a kid rushing back to our stateroom door every day looking for the treats we received .. We are definitely kids at heart and are so excited to be sailing on the Wonder this time ....

Wow Stephanie, I'm sorry you had so many issues. I did wonder why you'd been quiet in the group since you got back. Hope everyone is suitably recovered and I hope our experience in April is significantly improved.
It was just a strange cruise being surrounded by sick people, some that were quarantined. I really thought the Wonder would have all it's dry dock issues fixed but I was so wrong. I just had higher expectations and the reality was a let down. Now I have 139 days to get in another cruise state of mind!

We think we've decided what to do in each of our ports!... that only took a few months.

Unless we change our minds, we've decided on Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, a walking food tour in puerto Vallarta I'm referring to as the "taco tour," a harbor cruise in Cabo, and in Cartagena-- a DCL walking tour for DH, and laundry day for me. I have no desire to go farther than the port are in Cartagena.

Next?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter