WONDER March 8, 2007 - ANYONE?!?

jilljill

<font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col
Hi everyone. Just booked the 3/8/07 3 day Wonder :Pinkbounc . Is anyone joining us? :confused3
It will be myself, DH and DD12.

Do we have the ship all to ourselves?!? :boat: :sail: :beach:

We'll be there! We booked in August and I posted then with no replies.
We are first time cruisers on a Mommy and me cruise. My DD is soon to be 8 and VERY excited!

Glad to see we aren't the only ones going. You are all going to have a blast.

I can see that you have cruised before? Can you tell us the best and worst of your experiences? ie.. What we WILL do again and what we WON'T do again???
Thanks in advance!
Janet and Jilly

Janet & Jilly, this will be our 6th DCL cruise and we can't wait. Although, this will be a bittersweet cruise for us. I lost both my parents within 10 days of each due to a house fire the end of October and this trip is to just get away and relax after all we've had to do at their house.

My DD can't wait to go to the kids club and have tons of fun and meet new friends. She loves all the activites, but doesn't like going to meals as a group since they only get served a set meal. She looking forward to joining in on the 'farewell show' the kids put on at 4:45 or so Castaway Cay day. It's cute and the kids get to be on stage in their new t-shirts and 'graduation' caps.
The nightly shows are very good, especially Dreams.
Don't forget to indulge in room service for yummy cookies, Mickey bars :mickeybar or a relaxing breakfast. Just because something is not on the room service menu doens't mean you can't ask for it. The Mickey bars are definately not listed. We take some extra ones with us to tip room service. I also like to order a All Hands on Deck cheese platter to have in the room to snack on while we are getting ready for the shows and dinner. It's nothing fancy, just a nice little treat to tide us over for late seating.
I definately will not get off the ship in Nassau, been there done that. Besides, the jewelry shopping is too tempting and I've been told no jewelry on this cruise.
There is a buffet lunch served on Thursday that is very good. We like to get to the port before noon to enjoy lunch and for DD to enjoy the pool and Mickey slide when it's not too crowded. Also to just walk around and get oriented with the ship a bit.

The worst thing you can do at meals is if the food is not to your liking don't keep your plate, send it back and order something else. Most of the servers are more than accomodating with your wishes and want to make you extremely happy. Also, just because a meal is listed with certain sides it doesn't mean you can't mix and match with other things on the menu. This is the best time to try new foods, if you don't like it you can just send it back and get something else. I'm looking forward to ordering the escargot, haven't had a bad one on the ship yet.

We haven't had an really bad experiences that we could have changed. We've had a couple of lousy servers, but just dealt with it the best we could. Definately speak up for yourself if something isn't to your liking wherever you are on the ship, just remember to do it in a nice way. The crew is there to make your cruise one to remember, not one to hate and anguish over.

Hope this helps. :figment:

Hi Everyone,

We'll be joining you for a great mini-vacation. My wife and I are sneaking away from the kids for the weekend. We have cruised many times before, so if anyone has questions, we'd love to try and help out.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you soon.

Joel

OceanLvr, glad to hear from someone else that is joining us. The date is getting closer all the time. :cheer2:

Jilljill,
So sorry to hear of your loss. What a tragedy. It is just so hard to lose those we love. Thanks for the wonderful reply and information. We are getting excited. Jilly doesn't think she will like the kids club, but I think I will encourage her to give it a try. We will see. It will be a blast I am sure. We have been inside for three days due to ice so we are dreaming of sun/ocean time. It can't get here too soon for us.
Take care-
Janet and Jilly

Janet,
Thanks for your sweet words.
I'm sure your daughter will love the kids club. This will be DD's last time in the lab since she will be 13 in May, she's bummed over that. She loves all the different activities they offer. I'll send you a PM with a link to a site the has Navigator's posted so your DD can look over the different activities ahead of time. They also have the menus posted.
I just read about all the ice storms, hope you are all ok and have been spared the worst of it.
53 days and counting. :cool1:
Barb

We're in! 4 adults without kids, looking for some sand, sun, and margaritas. :cool1:

The cast of characters: Me, (the geek that won the trip), DH, my best buddy and her hubby.

See you by the quiet pool!

We're in! 4 adults without kids, looking for some sand, sun, and margaritas. :cool1:

The cast of characters: Me, (the geek that won the trip), DH, my best buddy and her hubby.

See you by the quiet pool!

Congratulations on winning the trip. What a 'wonder'ful way to be able to cruise.

Congratulations on winning the trip. What a 'wonder'ful way to be able to cruise.

I am ridiculously excited. We've cruised a few times, but never on DCL, so it'll be interesting in a lot of ways to see how it's different from other cruiselines. :cool1:

Just thought I would bump us back up to page 1. :confused3 :cool1:

It's just been finalized; we're on this cruise! It's going to be me (18), DB18, DB16, and our parents. We have cruised DCL before and loved it.

BTW, I see that ladysoleil is taking a Million Point Winner cruise; so are we! Our last cruise was from DB16's number 117 win, and this one is from my number 118 win! (Well, they lost the 118 pin so I have 119, but I'm still 118. :thumbsup2)

It's just been finalized; we're on this cruise! It's going to be me (18), DB18, DB16, and our parents. We have cruised DCL before and loved it.

BTW, I see that ladysoleil is taking a Million Point Winner cruise; so are we! Our last cruise was from DB16's number 117 win, and this one is from my number 118 win! (Well, they lost the 118 pin so I have 119, but I'm still 118. :thumbsup2)

:thumbsup2 :yay:

We'll have to have a trivia geek party on the ship. :) Congrats! When did you win- it must have been not too long before I did, I nailed #124 in August of 06. (but wait...does that mean I'm really #123 if they lost one? neat-o!)

Your family is smart! I only know of one other person who had two people in the family win, although there may be another one lurking around.

I was thinking of getting some photos of the million point pin in various spots on the trip, it would be cool to get a group smarty pants photo. :)

We're going to the parks after the cruise, too. I'm going to have serious Play It! withdrawal. :(

:thumbsup2 :yay:

We'll have to have a trivia geek party on the ship. :) Congrats! When did you win- it must have been not too long before I did, I nailed #124 in August of 06. (but wait...does that mean I'm really #123 if they lost one? neat-o!)

Your family is smart! I only know of one other person who had two people in the family win, although there may be another one lurking around.

I was thinking of getting some photos of the million point pin in various spots on the trip, it would be cool to get a group smarty pants photo. :)

We're going to the parks after the cruise, too. I'm going to have serious Play It! withdrawal. :(
We won during consecutive Star Wars Weekends in May of 06. So, we're not as much trivia geeks as Star Wars geeks... but it geekiness still counts, right? That's an awesome idea you had of photographing the Million Point pin on various parts of the ship! I never ever would have thought of that; now I have to do it too! :teeth:

We won during consecutive Star Wars Weekends in May of 06. So, we're not as much trivia geeks as Star Wars geeks... but it geekiness still counts, right? That's an awesome idea you had of photographing the Million Point pin on various parts of the ship! I never ever would have thought of that; now I have to do it too! :teeth:

In my book, all geeks are good geeks!

I actually started taking wacky photos with my Million Point Pin the day I won, it was very strange, people came up to me right after asking to see it.

Understandable, not many people have ever really seen one. So I have a bunch of weird photos of people I don't know, holding my pin, and then we started taking random photos with it. My favorite one didn't come out, unfortunately, I took the pin to a taping of the real Millionaire but you can't bring a camera so the camera phone pic my friend took didn't look good at all.

I think I'm going to put the pin on a Mickey doll or maybe my Stitch doll so I'm less likely to lose it and it'll be fun to take the pictures with Million Point Mickey. :)

We're probably just about the last people to take the Million Point Cruise, there were only three winners after me and with all the blackout dates, anyone left pretty much has to take it before May, so maybe we'll find another winner on board with us. :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter