Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel :lmao:

lol

Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel :lmao:

I just looked up ours on the DCL site and this is how it lists it:

7-Night Los Angeles to Vancouver Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary B

LOL - ok I click on it and you are right the next page says:

Your 5-Night Western Carribbean Cruise

:confused3

I saw the 5night carribean title last week on the DCL site. Asked my TA about it and she said she had never seen that happen before. As long as the details are correct I'm not worried...yet :)

I saw the 5night carribean title last week on the DCL site. Asked my TA about it and she said she had never seen that happen before. As long as the details are correct I'm not worried...yet :)

I have had that happen. Don't worry, they will, eventually, get it fixed. It is just another example of why Disney is an entertainment company but not great on website development.

wifegal Nicole, DHDave, DD - Brooklyn (6) and DS (5).

Hi

It is actually wisegal and my sons name is Michael.

Thanks
Nicole

Hey everyone, I am Debbie and this will be my second cruise. Myself, husband and two little girls did the Med cruise on the Magic in August 2011. We live in Ireland but I am from Los Angeles (husband is American too) so I am excited to go home and go on a cruise.

We are going to be bringing one of our best friends and possibly my brother. My little girls will be 3 & 5 on the cruise. Two of our rooms are on 2 and one is on 6. Looking forward to meeting people!!

d

Hey everyone, I am Debbie and this will be my second cruise. Myself, husband and two little girls did the Med cruise on the Magic in August 2011. We live in Ireland but I am from Los Angeles (husband is American too) so I am excited to go home and go on a cruise.

We are going to be bringing one of our best friends and possibly my brother. My little girls will be 3 & 5 on the cruise. Two of our rooms are on 2 and one is on 6. Looking forward to meeting people!!

d

Hi Deb and family...:welcome: aboard!!!!

You live in Ireland...awesome!!! Visiting Ireland is on my wishlist...in fact it is my biggest wish.

I haven't been to LA since I was very young and that was moons ago :). I've never been to San Francisco, Victoria or Vancouver. Very excited about this trip.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

We booked last week as soon as they were open to the "non Platinum and Gold". ASDSNY you beat me to the secret verandah!

We are Susan (me) DH Rick, and DD Grace, 8 at cruise time.
There is a remote possibility that we will change to Vancouver to LA REPO, depending on the dates. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder this past Easter (10 nt. MR) and Thanksgiving (7 nt. MR) and will be on the Fantasy this June. We love the Wonder and the CMs.

d

Welcome! Ireland is on my bucket list. Hope to get there some day.

We booked last week as soon as they were open to the "non Platinum and Gold". ASDSNY you beat me to the secret verandah!

There is a remote possibility that we will change to Vancouver to LA REPO, depending on the dates. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder this past Easter (10 nt. MR) and Thanksgiving (7 nt. MR) and will be on the Fantasy this June. We love the Wonder and the CMs.

Welcome - will there be a Vancouver to LA Repo? I thought the Wonder was going to Hawaii after the Alaskan season. :confused3

Welcome - will there be a Vancouver to LA Repo? I thought the Wonder was going to Hawaii after the Alaskan season. :confused3

Not sure, but it is unlikely that they would go from Vancouver directly to Hawaii. More likely reposition then go to Hawaii, Mexico, or Panama Canal. I would love to do ANY of those itineraries. Either way, we'll be missing some school, but timing may be better to miss the beginning of the school year and not toward the end. With this schedule, we would have to fly back the day we arrive into Vancouver (Memorial Day) and we wouldn't get to see the sights. :sad2:

Sorry, if we have to cancel for any reason I'll be sure to coordinate with you so we pass it along to another DISer.

I'm not sure how well these dates are going to be for work so we'll see how this May goes and then decide if we need to move to another cruise.

Sorry, if we have to cancel for any reason I'll be sure to coordinate with you so we pass it along to another DISer.

I'm not sure how well these dates are going to be for work so we'll see how this May goes and then decide if we need to move to another cruise.
Thanks! Which room did you get? I was hoping for 6634. I'm in 6652.

Thanks! Which room did you get? I was hoping for 6632. I'm in 6652.

We're in 7120, we had 7620 on the Panama Canal cruise and loved it. I think the two on deck 6 are 6634 and 6134 on the Wonder and Magic.

Oh wow! How did this get to three pages without me noticing!? You guys are quick!

We moved our dummy date to this cruise on opening day. We were really, really (no, really!) hoping the Wonder would continue doing the Mexican Riviera for 2013. We had our heart set on a spring break cruise. We took the Vancouver to LA repo last fall (our first cruise ever!) and just loved it. We did decide 5 nights just wasn't enough so I was happy this one is 7 nights, especially with the two days in San Fran! We've never been there so quite excited about that. And it means we only need a one-way flight to LA as we can just bus home from Vancouver :yay:.

Our crew is myself & dh, and our two daughters - who will be 8 and 12 by the time we cruise :eek: Gasp! how can that be?! We booked a 5C on deck 6 but I'm mulling over bumping up to a 5B if we can get on deck 7. Just to be one flight closer to the pool and drink station for our morning hot chocolates (a highlight of our last cruise!). Oh, and the ice cream dispenser! I didn't find out about *that* until the last day of our cruise and I've been griping about it ever since ("Mom! just let it go...") although it probably saved me a good 10 pounds.

Sigh...it's going to be a long 16 months! At least it gives us lots of time to save. :rolleyes1

Welcome aboard! Any suggestions of a decently priced hotel in the Vancouver area to spend a few days post cruise? We will rent a car, so it can be outside the city core, just something comfy with a pool for kids.

wifegal Nicole, DHDave, DD - Brooklyn (6) and DS (5).

Hi

It is actually wisegal and my sons name is Michael.

Thanks
Nicole

:grouphug: Sorry about that, I am a bad typer I guess! Wifegal? That would be an odd name! :laughing:

d

Yeah, more girls! I have a shy twin and a Mrs. Social twin who I am sure I will have to drag out of the kids club kicking and screaming! I am from Los Angeles also, we should hook up at a table! Keep the daugthers entertained!

Welcome aboard! So glad to have you with us! I have a Grace also, who will be 7 on the cruise! Cool!

twindaddy-my girls would love some friends on the ship! My youngest was in Flounder's nursery the first trip (not a fan BTW) but my oldest quickly fell in love with the club....and now both will get to attend it.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. We missed the whole meet up thing on the Med cruise as we booked late-so it was us, random Americans, and a bunch of Spanish and English passengers:) Still a great time but I am happy to get to know people ahead of time.

The Irish would be quite pleased to have you all visit-they need the euros:) I have lived there for over 5 1/2 years and I will admit that while it is a beautiful country, Los Angeles is better...but the grass always is on the other side of the ocean.

Booked this cruise the first day along with the first AK cruise. This cruise leaves on our 25th anniversary and the next cruise leaves on DD's 19th b'day - a great way to celebrate. Sailing will be myself, DH & DD(18)

Last week on the Dream we were talking with Capt. Henry and he gave me the bright idea to book the Miami-LA repo so booked that for DD & myself, not sure if I will keep that or not. Sure would be nice to be onboard for 4 weeks.

Booked this cruise the first day along with the first AK cruise. This cruise leaves on our 25th anniversary and the next cruise leaves on DD's 19th b'day - a great way to celebrate. Sailing will be myself, DH & DD(18)

Last week on the Dream we were talking with Capt. Henry and he gave me the bright idea to book the Miami-LA repo so booked that for DD & myself, not sure if I will keep that or not. Sure would be nice to be onboard for 4 weeks.

Welcome aboard Barb. Looks like we might finally get to sail together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter