Women's College Softball 2024

And the bad news is they had to play them again. HAHA. Georgia looked terrible. They couldn't solve UCLA's 2nd pitcher either and nearly got run ruled again. Uh and on the slim chance Georgia's coach is reading, a little pro tip. DON'T PITCH TO PALACIOS!!! 3 for 5 4 RBI, 3 RUNS SCORED 2 WALKS. FSU gave Oklahoma a little tussle, but in the end, they lost. Oregon did better than FSU did against Oklahoma. They didn't get run ruled in either game and made them earn it.

Tremendous comeback by the Longhorns!

Bama's last chance to walk off I think.

Bama's pitcher can't hold off Tennessee much longer.

And Stanford bounces back shutting out LSU 3-0 to bring us a 5th game three tomorrow. Canady, who gave up 5 earned runs in 4 innings yesterday gets the complete game 2 hit shut out today.

What a day for Women's College Softball fans!!!!

FIVE 3rd Game Super Regionals!

BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK!

Fire up the grill,get the beverages on ice and PLAY BALL!

With both Oklahoma and Texas not looking "unbeatable ",looks like we may have a wide-open anybody could win World Series!

Until proven different, I have to go with the Sooners as the favorite.

I am going with Bama as a dark horse,they seem to be peaking at the right time.

Now THAT is a walk off. In the last game of Supers, Lim Homers to lead off the 6th for Stanford to run rule LSU.

LSU was again unable to solve Canady as she pitched a 3 hit shut out. LSU had a chance in the 5th bases loaded 1 out. But a Fly out, gunned out double play ended LSU's threats for good. It all unraveled for LSU in the bottom half of the 5th as Stanford plated 7 runs. LSU was unable to do anything in the 6th and the home run in the bottom half ended it.
So after plating 11 in 5 innings in game 1, LSU didn't score a single run the rest of the series.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., and UCLA all looked good in their Supers.
Stanford and Alabama will ride their pitching as far as they can.
Texas Pitching faltered. They're flat out going to have to pitch better if they wish to win.
Duke upset Missouri on the road and Florida got by unseeded Baylor at home. Duke is in the same pool with Alabama, UCLA, and Oklahoma. If Duke comes out of that pool, they earned it. And if you're in the other pool, do you want to see Oklahoma crossing over after potentially losing game 2?

Some CWS records for you.
Most Titles. UCLA 12. And they had a 13th vacated.
Most titles by a conference. Pac12 24.
Position with the most MOP awards. Pitcher.
Longest game. aTm vs Cal Poly Pomona 25 innings 6 hours, 13 minutes.

Whew...juggling all this NCAA softball along with a high school graduation and conditioning for summer ball. It was a great weekend! I was sad to see TN knocked out, but pretty pleased with the rest. While I know it's due mainly to the in-state rivalry, DD15 found something discussing the price of supers tickets and how the UT/A&M tickets were starting at over $250 each for game 3. Not that I want to pay those prices, but it's great to see demand increasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter