WL or POLY at Christmas

Disneyfied4

Mouseketeer
Which would you do? We will be there Dec 7-15. I think the WL would be BEAUTIFUL and my husband thinks the monorail is WONDERFUL....This is our first and probably only trip at Christmas, as we are pulling the kids out of school. Where would you stay? Thanks so much!

We stayed at Poly in Dec. last year and are trying Wl this Dec. Poly was beautiful and the monorail was very convenient. I have heard that the Wl is the most beautiful at Christmas so we are giving it a shot this year. I'm just a little afraid that I'll miss the monorail, but hopefully the savings and atmosphere will make up for it. The Poly was still very beautiful at Christmas, though!

Both are really nice and you will not be disappointed with either.
I like the POLY and would stay there. Christmas decorations well it done a little different but that is part of the whole theme. Bottom line you will spend most of your time in MK and EPCOT and they are just so easy to get to and FROM which is the big problem around Christmas.

The Polynesian is my favorite resort, but I'd have to vote the Wilderness Lodge at Christmas time. It's just a lot more...Christmassy...with the fireplace and the decorations...

And I wouldn't worry TOO much about transportation. The bus service at WL has been pretty good in my experience & of course you've got the boat launch going over to the MK fairly often and from there you can catch the monorail to Epcot or wherever else around the Seven Seas Lagoon you want to go...

If you are looking for Holiday Atmosphere go with WL. It is very traditional and well done. While the monorail is nice, you still end up taking busses at some point so I never let it be my decision maker.

WL definately has a better holiday theme, however if you live in Wisconsin like I do, the Poly would be a great change. Also, the Poly is on the monorail line and MK is where you'll be spending most time at Christmas.

I vote for the Poly!

~Simon :)

WL hands down!!!!

We stayed there in Dec. 2002, and it was absolutely gorgeous! WL is my favorite resort anyway, but at Christmas it is even better! It is stunning to say the least!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (2 thumbs up!)

Envision a Lush tropical resort setting and try to make it Christmasy. Now take a Log Lodge complete with floor to ceiling fireplace and make it Christmasy, Oh that's right you don't have to on this one, because it does it all by itself:rotfl2: The Christmas decorations are loved so much better at WL because they fit right in and go hand in hand with the total year round theme of the WL. You will have a great time either way, but go for the theme you most are wanting to experience.

Our last trip we stayed at Wilderness Lodge during Christmas week and it was just beautiful! :thumbsup2

We visited the Poly during our stay and it just didn't feel like Christmas compared to WL. :confused:

We're going to the Poly over Christmas, so that's where I would choose...(obviously)

To me, the Wilderness Lodge is too rustic, but I'm from Wisconsin. It's like being at home! :lmao:

I think it's funny when people always say "the Poly isn't Christmas-y"....The entire state of FLORIDA isn't "Christmas-y". :lmao: Christmas in Wisconsin is SNOW SNOW SNOW, so it doesn't bother me if the Poly's decorations aren't "up to snuff". REGARDLESS of which hotel you stay at, it's STILL not going to be an "at home Christmas".

Have a great trip!

I agree with the above poster, The WL is beautiful -- but, if i am going to Florida at Christmas, i want TROPICAL, so i would stay POLY. The WL just reminds me way too much of the New England area at Christmas.. I don't want to see fireplaces, logs, etc.. GIVE ME PALM TREES!!! If i wanted a log home holiday, i would stay in New England! LMAO :)
I guess it is all in what you prefer and what theme you are looking for..
We have also stayed at the YC and BC for the holiday decorations, they were also great!!

Definitely the WL :goodvibes I've been at WL 3 times during the Christmas season, and have made trips over to the Poly for dinner, and the two couldn't compare. You feel like it's Christmas at the WL in December and I barely knew it was Christmas at the Poly when we visited.

1) Wilderness Lodge wins!
2) I can't say enough about the Christmas decorations.
3) OK, I can.
4) But, it would get boring after a while.

We stayed at WL last year and it was amazing...we toured all the other resorts and found that WL is the best decorated for the holidays.

This Dec we are staying at the Poly...DH's turn to pick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter