Wk of May 10 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

Nothing exciting to report for me. I'm taking it kinda easy this summer to help deal with the heat and humidity. DD16 and I are doing a muddy buddy type event next weekend (Sarasota Dirty Duo). Should be fun! I'm starting a swim class in a couple weeks in case I accidentally register for a tri.

Lily...have fun in Cancun!

Frank...how was Mayfaire?

Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are and have mothers!

Not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself or not, so please forgive me if it isn't. I just started running last week, and DH and I are registered for the Everest Challenge. Later this week, I will be registering for the Princess 1/2 and I have never been this excited about an event. I have posted on the DIS for quite some time, but I just stumbled upon this part of the site. I have been lurking for the past few weeks, and I thought it was about time to break my silence. I think this board is a wonderful resource, and I am excited to become a part of it.

A little background on me, I was a swimmer in high school but have not had the motivation to get back in the pool since (at least not for fitness!). I enjoyed walking 4-5 miles a day with neighbors, but I was looking for more motivation and a challenge. I am 25, and I feel that my metabolism is starting to slow down a bit. Hello becoming an adult!

My DH has spent the past 14 months in Iraq, and he will be returning next month. He is so excited that I have started running, and he is such motivation for me. I hope to get to know some of you more as I begin on this exciting (and slightly terrifying) journey! I am so pumped and proud of myself! I haven't felt this pumped up in a long time!

Army Wife 3-4: :welcome: to the WISH team!!! Glad you finally came out of lurkdum. hehe. This is the right place to introduce yourself. Sounds like you have started on a great and wonderful journey. Good luck with your Everest Challenge. I did the Princess this past year and had a blast. Did it as a "girls weekend" and was very fun. WISH people are very friendly and helpful so feel free to chime in anytime and ask any questions you need answered. Most of us check in from time to time on this weekly thread so this is the place to come. Keep us up to date as how you are doing!!

AFM: I did my charity walk this morning in the heat and I think I looked like a pile of sweat at the end. Definately have gotten back my pinky pistols, so watch out everyone, don't want to get hit in the eye or anything. Jumped right in the pool when I got home!! Trying to keep active, doing races and still trying to lose more weight. As of today its 22 lbs with about 20 left to go. Slowly but surely is the pace for me!!

Hope all the WISH mother's have a great day today!!:flower3:

Racey Tracy (or Aloha Jeff's new on, FrecklyPooh :lmao:)

Hi all!

It's a nice but breezy day here in the Northeast! And I have less than a week of classes to go!

I did 10.6 miles in just under 1hr 30 minutes (8:30 pace). By the end my legs were pretty dead. I though about going 12, but decided to play it safe since I'm still at least marginally in the recovery period.

By the way the new Star Trek movie is AMAZING! And I'm not a trekkie in the least.

Best,
Jennifer

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you all more in the months to come! :)

By the way the new Star Trek movie is AMAZING! And I'm not a trekkie in the least.

I am and it is. I grew up watching Star Trek with my mom, then TNG and some of the other iterations. The new movie is...well...fascinating ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's, and congratulations to all the men who made them mom's, LOL. :lmao:

8.5 miles in the heat, in 1:30. I played it smart and cut it short.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Mel: Wow, your Sarasota Dirty Duo is coming up fast! Good luck on that! Is it your first event of this kind with your DD? And how does one "accidentally" sign up for a tri? :rotfl2:

Welcome ArmyWife3-4! :welcome: We love having new faces here, with training journeys to share with us. I find the Disney events particularly motivational, too, and the Everest sounds like tons of fun. I think it's so wonderful that your DH is part of your support system! Speaking of DHs, thank your DH for all he does!

Racy Tracy: Wow! I had no idea you'd lost 22 pounds. You're so quiet/modest about such things. Congratulations and WTG! (And yes, slowly but surely is the athlete's way, as it keeps your energy up for all those races :woohoo:) And another walk. You keep racking up the miles and logging the events. :yay:

Shan: I need updates on your recovery. Stat!

Jennifer: I was off-board for your first 1/2, but CONGRATULATIONS! You beat my estimation and had a great, great pace. Not that I had any doubts. And your recovery running times are just as impressive.

Jeff: Glad to know you're playing it smart with running in the heat. You're a good role model for the clinic.

As for me: Back on the DIS, trying to get back on track. Not literally on a track, though. I'd miss running those Pgh hills.... :rotfl2: Did a nice, easy RftC this Sunday--very crowded, but in a good way. They're great events. Not races, really, with all the crowds, but great events and buzzing with enthusiasm and excitement. I highly recommend them! :thumbsup2

Jennifer: Almost done with classes!! :yay: Nice pace, 8:30!!! way to go girl!:thumbsup2

Jeff: hmm, running in the heat? Sounds like a theme for you and I!!! Keep hydrated and keep rubbin on that sunscreen!!

Deb: No tracks, you are on the right side or the wrong side of the track, staying on the track??? hehe. Forgive me, but what is RftC?? I have now clue, maybe Race for the Cake?? sounds yummy if that is what it is. :rotfl:
Shhhhhhhh, I don't remember saying anything about losing weight, did I? Maybe talked about pushing my weight around or a weight lifted off my shoulders?? :lmao: I do have a 5K planned for Memorial Day, and looking for something in June as I have a 5K on July 4th. I want to thank you for all your support, it means a lot! Us strong ladies have to stick together!!!:cool1:

Racy Tracy FreckleyPooh

Debra, Thanks!

Tracy, I'm currently trying to forget that finals exist, but am glad classes are almost done.

I had my last dance class (1 hr) and did a 1 hr strength training class tonight.

Best,
Jennifer

STAT! Deb, you're too funny! Thanks for asking. :hug:

Let's see...
I'm now in week four back running since my six week hiatus. It has been harder this time around. Funny, cause my first surgery was more involved and my hiatus was way longer... So, I started back running and was really struggling so I switched to a R/W program last week. I'm running the Peachtree in July and I'm still trying to decide on signing up for my first full at WDW... I can't decide, especially given it has taken all my will power to stick with it this go around. Things look to be settling well, although my scar looks AWFUL! I got steroid shots in it the other day - OUCH! One more minor surgery (under local) in the Fall. I'll be so glad to be done with this mess! popcorn::

Shan, glad your back even if it's still tough.

I did 6 miles this morning at just slower than a 7:30 pace (46 minutes total).

Best,
Jennifer

Hi everyone! Just a quick question... now that it's almost summer again, what sunscreen does everyone use? I bought Ombrelle Sport SPF 45 but it turns my face white - not that anyone would or will notice except for me but I think it looks kind of weird. I also didn't apply any to my arms last weekend and now have a funny 'v' shaped tan line near my elbows :)

Hi All!

I did 5.5 miles in 44 minutes (8 min pace) yesterday and 3.5 miles today in 27 minutes (7:45 pace).

My knee is a little inflamed according to my athletic trainer friend and so I 'm taking it a little easy on the pace and running on softer surfaces.

Best,
Jennifer

bunnyfoosaw an ad for some new aveeno face sunscreen. Has some different product in it so it won't sting your eyes as you sweat if off-don't really know as I haven't tried it, but probably will as I hate the stinging eyes and if it works then it would be great.

It's official-went to the doctor today-grossly inflamed "it" band. Will do some PT, no running and hopefully it will get better. If not he will try cortizone(sp) shots. He thinks it will be fine and I should be ready to run the DL 1/2.:cheer2:

Mel- Mayfaire was fun but hot. It was way hotter than Nashville even but being 10 miles shorter wasn't too bad. All the locals were saying how hilly it was but it didn't seem too bad to me. Then again I do remember from when I started that hilly in FL is very different than hilly in OH.

Army Wife - Welcome!

Other than the 5K in Lakeland on Saturday and the 5K fun run around Castaway Cay I have been runless on the cruise/parks vacation. I did hit the gym every day on the cruise so I don't feel bad but between the CMM, resting afterwards, and then the vacation I am ready to put some real miles on my legs.

Vicky,

Banana Boat 30 Sport Dry, non-greasy. Orange bottle with blue flip top cap. A little pricey, but works great for me.

Avoid anything with Paba in it. That's what makes your eyes burn when it sweats into your eyes.

I got back in the ocean for 1,000 meters. 31 minutes. I shaved a minute off of my last time out, despite the strong current on the return leg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter