Wk of Mar 9 - WISH Walking/Running Club

biggertigger

Chimera's DH and Her Biggest Fan!
Wk of Mar 9 - WISH Walking/Running Club

(posting this for a sick Chimera)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

Hey, everyone!

Mel is really sick right now, so I posted up the new thread. She has the major respitory crud at the moment, and generally feels like poo.

Hope everyone has a healthy week, and try not to breath on anyone if you are sick!

Take Care,
Jeff

You did GREAT, Jeff!! Better watch out, or Mel will give this job to ya!! Please take care of our Mel :flower3: ...nothing like a :sick: physician for a patient!!! Let's just hope none of the rest of the family gets it!! Lots of :drinking1 :drinking1 !! :goodvibes Anne

Jeff, cool, does this mean we can drink beer, talk about the Pretty Princesses and scratch where it iches.

Macho Macho Pandapirate:

Hey WISHERS, good job on the mileages, times, and races. Keep it going!

The Princesses and I were out selling Girl Scout cookies all day Saturday.

Back out on the road with newbie runners Sunday morning when the clinic starts up.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

UPDATED 7/16/08 WITH PHOTOS:

I love my Thin Mints so much, I made my two Princesses join Girl Scouts. Oh, and I'm the leader!

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Did you try the Dairy Queen Thin Mint Blizzard yet? It's only out during the month of July, so hurry. I thought it was okay, but Dryer's Girls Scout Thin Mint Cookie ice cream is way better.

Mel, hope you feel better really soon! :wizard:

Vic, cool shadow boxes! :thumbsup2

Jeff, we finally got our 354 boxes delivered. :yay:
Our troop still has some boxes left so we're doing a few booth sales. I'm so glad we collected all the money, I stressed about it for a few days.

Good morning WISHers!

Hoping everyone sprung forward today.

No training today. As a matter of fact, I’m fixin to head to the kitchen and make huevos rancheros for breakfast. Mmmmmmmm. :thumbsup2

Mel – Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Anne – The race had a later start than last year. 10:00 o’clock. The boys stayed home. One was on squirrel patrol and the other in one of the recliners. ;) :rotfl:

Shannon – Sorry I didn’t have a chance to meet you yesterday.

All – I’ll pass on your compliments to Marilyn.

Y’all have a great day.

:)

Mel, please get well soon.

Dave, you can drink beer and scratch any time you want. Why is it wrong to scratch anyway??? Never quite got that one!

Vic, what does one do on Squirrel Patrol?? I thought that's what Game and Fish Officers did???

Have a wonderful week! Especially if I don't get back to this lightening fast thread!

Jeff

Take good care of Mel.

Mel

I give you my permission to be as demanding as you like (of Jeff pirate: ).

Anne

Congrats on the negative split. I suspect it is a rather small subset of the population that (1) knows what a negative split is, and (2) knows it's a good thing. And heck, you did it!

Is the sweep pace for Minnie 15 mpm? And do the enforce it as strictly as they do the 16 mpm for the full? With the race 8 weeks from today you should be in good shape for the 15K.

Vic

That was a nice gesture by Marilyn for your medals and photos. Has she thought about starting her own business for all of we finishers?

Yesterday the heavens opened up, but thankfully heavy rain instead of the heavy snow the folks in Cleveland and Cincinnati received. Martha and I went to the fitness center in the afternoon, and very cutely, got on side by side treadmills. I had a good 5 mile effort, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her really nice and strong 4 miler. When I registered for Minnie I saw they had a team registration option, including an open team classification, which we could have entered. After our respective efforts yesterday I now wish we had entered the open class.

Best
Craig

My wife Maggie has posted here in the past, walked with a group of WISHers in Chicago's 1/2 marathon last year, and recommended that I ask here.

I am a beginning triathlete, aiming for the Racine 1/2 Tri this year.

I wonder what some of the endurance athletes use as a recovery shake/meal after a workout...there is a mind boggling array of (not inexpensive) choices out there.

For workouts longer than an hour I normally take a dose of Source naturals Triathlete supplement. Link below:

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1300/

During and after the workouts, I use Cytomax sports drink for hydration

link below:

http://www.cytosport.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=5

Please note, I am not endorsing or advertising these products, I am hoping for some feedback from more experienced athletes in regards to pre, during and post workout nutrition. If I am wasting my money on these products, I'd sure like to know...

Thank you VERY much in advance!

Mike

Connie said:
Vic, what does one do on Squirrel Patrol?? I thought that's what Game and Fish Officers did???

Keep those tree rats out of the yard. :rotfl:

I believe its in the K-9 union contract. ;) :) I have one (Dusty) who barley lives up to the contract. He gives a half-assed effort to give chase when he sees a squirrel in the yard. The other (Earnhardt) hasn't lived up to the contract in years. :lmao:

Craig said:
Vic

That was a nice gesture by Marilyn for your medals and photos. Has she thought about starting her own business for all of we finishers?

I don't know. May have to run it by her and see what she says.

Hi Team :)

Just checking in from the frozen tundra of Vermont! What a night we had....high winds, freezing rain, power went out...heat went off....I'm still trying to recover from the worst night of sleep I've had in a LONG time.

Anyway....scrapped skiing for the day due to the rough night :(.

I did manage to get a 6 mile run in.....back at home.....in the pouring rain yesterday before heading up here with the kids. Went ok...just took it easy....managed a decent pace but wouldn't set any records for sure ;). Think it worked out to be around a 10 mpm...but I was forced off road and into puddles, mud, etc due to having to run on a busy road with no shoulder or sidewalk. Fun fun fun! :woohoo:

Jeff....Tell Mel I'm sending her my best. EVERYONE around here is sick :(. It's been a tough winter...I think we're all just ready for spring to come and hopefully chase away all the illness.

Mike....After lots of research...I ended up just using the more inexpensive Carnation Instant B'fast. Surprisingly it has many of the same combos of proteins/carbs/vitamins as the more expensive recovery shakes. Worth checking out!

Shan....Yep..GS cookie time is upon us LOL. We have to start delivering the hordes of cookies now. I've been a leader for 6 years and cookie time is the most stressful time ;). We've got a few booth sales set as well...yay :rolleyes: .

Happy Training!

Amy, good luck with the cookies! :goodvibes

Just got back from a 3 miler in 32:20. It is gonna be a beautiful day here in Atlanta! :cool1:

Vic
I believe its in the K-9 union contract. I have one (Dusty) who barley lives up to the contract. He gives a half-assed effort to give chase when he sees a squirrel in the yard. The other (Earnhardt) hasn't lived up to the contract in years.

Okay, I should have been a cartoonist! The images I had running through my head were way more entertaining!!! :lmao: Although, the new images are pretty fun too!

Hey, everyone!

Mel is really sick right now, so I posted up the new thread. She has the major respitory crud at the moment, and generally feels like poo.

Hope everyone has a healthy week, and try not to breath on anyone if you are sick!

Take Care,
Jeff

Hey Tigger, tell Mel that from one PA to another, I hope she feels better. I was also off Friday with a serious respiratory flu bug--job hazard I guess! Sending pixie dust to feel better! I am much improved 4 days later!!
Lara

Vic

Okay, I should have been a cartoonist! The images I had running through my head were way more entertaining!!! :lmao: Although, the new images are pretty fun too!

Earnhardt isn't chasing anything unless it has a "Scooby Snack" in hand. :rotfl2:

Amy: what whacky weather we're having! Lots of rain but thankfully not as much as predicted. Still, you don't need to shovel rain. I hope the power is back on in Vermont or else, how are you getting to the internet! WTG on the 6 miler!

Mel: get well soon! Take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders--doctor Jeff that is!

Jeff: take good care of Mel, as if I need to tell you!

Vic: we had 2 dogs for a long time. The golden retriever mix would chase anything. The beagle mix refused to chase anything. I would make her "ask" for a treat by raising her paw and you could tell that she only did it b/c she would get the treat. She would never do anything as demeaning as chase a squirrel!

I ran 4 miles yesterday with 1 1/2 miles at 10:28 per mile. I was pleased with that. I biked today and lifted weights. We're heading to London for a long weekend this week and I won't get in any workouts there...unless walking the streets of London counts. Coach Panda, can I get a ruling on this?

Happy training everyone!

Calcio/Craig, everything I know, I learned HERE! You and Martha running side by side on the TM's reminded me of a Star Trek/Enterprise scene. Glad you two didn't try to one up each other!! :goodvibes Thankfully, I still have eight weeks to get my speed up a bit. Saturday's was NOT good enough for Minnie! Email WWoS about changing your registration. Surely, they will be GLAD to take more money from you!
magslite/Mike, Howdy!! I was in Chicago with ya! :wave2: There was a Triathalon thread around here somewhere...But you have definitely come to a good place to ask that question!! AmyBeth68 has answered...xterratri/Lynne, ironz/Betsy, and Stitch lover Sith/Erin, are you out there?? Come around more often! Say, "Hi!" to Maggie!!
Amy, Wowza!! That's the kind of weather you need to just snuggle by the fireplace with some hot chocolate! Sorry about the skiing, though! Great job on your six miler in the rain!!

Hi all. I'm still very new around here but wanted to check in. I just completed week 4(of 12 weeks) of the Cool Running half marathon training schedule that I've been following. I got in 22 miles for the week. So, for now I just have two races that I'm signed up for. The 7th annual Run Away With Cirque du Soleil 5K on March 29th(I did the 5th and 6th year of that one), and the Disneyland half marathon on Aug 31st. Since I have a big gap in between those races, I plan to sign up for a 10K and another 5K before Disney in Aug. :)

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to check back in and let you know I'm still alive. Totaly missed last week's thread!

Hope everyone's training is going well. I keep hoping to get back into the swing of things, soon, but it's total LTO right now. Schoolwork is busy, I'm planning a trip to take a bunch of kids to Denver for a tournament. We leave in less than a month. And I took a promtional test at work recently, so that kept be busy brushing up on things. I finished 1st, so should be getting promoted in the very near future.:) More money for Disney (and other race) trips!:lmao:

Mel - Hope you feel better soon :wizard:

Everyone else, keep up the good work!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter