With a Heavy Heart

I had the pleasure of meeting Robin and her family. Was fortunate to spend time with them on trips to Disney and after they moved here. Her wit and talent were remarkable. Rest in Peace Wobin, we will all miss you.

How very sad. So young. I have seen her site but if someone would post her first trip report, I would love to read it.

Robin was a treasure. One of my favorite stories was one of her kids dialing 911 from an airport telephone because the kid was bored, the phone was there and it was the only number she knew. I followed her Florida adventures and truly hoped for the best. Like most of the rest of you, I "knew" her family from the stories she shared and I was flattered when she emailed me. I wish she could have stayed with us longer. Bon voyage, Wobin, and thanks for everything.

Oh my! I am so saddened with this news.
She certainly touched a lot of people with her wonderful writings.
RIP, Robin!
LYMI

I loved all her stories and trip reports also, so sad to see this news. So sorry for her family and to you, OP!

OH MY!!! I just saw this, I too found the DIS through Robin. She is going to be missed by many.

To the Del family and the Zurg family, my thoughts are with you.

RIP Wobin, LYMI.

ETA: Isn't it ironic that she passed on Walt Disney's birthday? Is she telling him about their wonderful adventures to WDW?

I know from posts that Robin made that she had some sort of disease in her legs. does anyone know the name of the disease?

Copied from her blog and I want to say I know they know it! She wrote this back in July. RIP

The reason - all the pictures there are of me, I do the "I love you" sign in sign language with my left hand because it is closest to my heart. I do that so that someday when I'm gone and my kids look back at the pictures, they'll always know how much I loved them.

The way to store your treasures is to do things that are unselfish and kind, but you can’t ‘run ahead of yourself and toot your horn’ because then it doesn’t count. You do them because it’s the right thing to do but you keep it to yourself. The one person- who needs to know you did it- already knows it because He sees all and knows all.... Robin Costello ....

I was so saddened to hear this news. Hubby and I spent many a night sharing the wonderful stories in her trip reports here on Dis. She could make you smile, cry, and laugh out loud all in one paragraph. What a blessing we have all had by just reading her words.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends. She will be missed by so many people. :grouphug:

What a terrible loss. :( My condolences to Robin's family.

Some later ones are, but the "classic" one from 2003 is not (as far as I can tell), but I took the liberty of using the Internet Wayback Machine at www.webarchive.org to find the famous original reports from 2003 and extract their content and capture them in a single PDF. Here is the full report (minus the embedded photos).

How very sad. So young. I have seen her site but if someone would post her first trip report, I would love to read it.

Thanks, Geoff.

I was very honored to call her my friend. I will miss her dearly as will Del and her children. My heart goes out to them. Robin was one of the funniest women I know. I hope she's at peace and out of pain, physically and emotionally. :littleangel:

I am so sorry to hear this - my condolences to her family. Hers were some of the first trip reports I ever read on the DIS and my family always wanted to know what was so funny but I was laughing so much I could never explain.

RIP

I've been re-reading her 2003 trip report and these comments really jump out now:
Come on, this is the happiest place on earth. People worldwide know that.

When Brother and I were kids, our father brought us to Disney twice a year, every year until he died.

This is the only place we can visit him.

This is where I know my kids will visit me when I die.
I have no doubt that will be the case...

I am absolutely stunned to hear about Robin. May she Rest in Peace. Gone much too young. :angel:

Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

She was one special lady and I'm glad that she touched so many....:love:

I've been re-reading her 2003 trip report and these comments really jump out now:
I have no doubt that will be the case...

Thanks for posting that geoff. I feel exactly the same way in that when i go, my kids can go to Disney and find me there too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter