Wishblade

Jennasmomma

DIS Veteran
Who has a wishblade? Im buying one from a friend of mine. She wants the new one that is coming out that is pink. :rotfl:

I cant wait to get it beginning of next month

Who has a wishblade? Im buying one from a friend of mine. She wants the new one that is coming out that is pink. :rotfl:

I cant wait to get it beginning of next month

PoohBearLovinMama has one! I have yet to get my hands on it though but if it's going to be pink I may just have to wait. Thanks for the heads up!

I have one... but I'm embarassed to say that I don't know how to do anything but simple cutting so far. :)

I have one and I love it. It's easy to use and I have figured out how to connect letters and convert dings to paper piercings.

Those who have one, where did you get it? I want one so bad and I'm using some of my holiday bonus to get one but don't know where to get it?

I have one, got it June 2005 directly from Wishblade before they were absorbed into Xyron. There are several Yahoo groups out there that can give you some good advise on where to purchase. They also have lots of files to share.

I just read about the new machine. I'm waiting to hear more about the s/w updates and when an upgrade will be available. It sounds like they've made some great changes so you won't have to use other programs then convert the files so that the Wishblade can cut them. :banana:

I have one, got it June 2005 directly from Wishblade before they were absorbed into Xyron. There are several Yahoo groups out there that can give you some good advise on where to purchase. They also have lots of files to share.

I just read about the new machine. I'm waiting to hear more about the s/w updates and when an upgrade will be available. It sounds like they've made some great changes so you won't have to use other programs then convert the files so that the Wishblade can cut them. :banana:

Does that mean I can use my Mac with it? Right now I need a dual boot or an intel chip which I missed getting by 2 months. I should have waited on a new computer.

I assume so. This is the latest email I got about the new Wishblade.
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]As promised we are sending new deatils as they become available. We just received this detailed description of The NEW Wishblade which is STILL available on a pre-order basis! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]PRE-ORDER TODAY FOR MARCH Allotment! Limited Supply! Pre Order Price $399.99 while supplies last. This has a n MSRP of $449.99 (order today otherwise it will be June before the next Allotment). Please review web site for more details. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Xyron[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]® Wishblade® is a computer-connected digital cutter that allows users to cut fonts and shapes in any size from ½" to 8" wide and up to 39" long!
The machine works with basic software that resides on your PC. Once active, the easy-to-use program allows any True Type Font, clip art or a variety of other file types (including jpegs) to be cut with the click of a mouse.

A separate and newly developed Software CD, also included with the unit, makes welding words, creating shadows, auto-tracing items for simple cropping and other advanced design applications fast and effortless! This exclusive software offering was developed specifically for Xyron Wishblade users and works with both Windows® and Mac™ operating systems.
The unique Print and Cut technology in the Wishblade gives users the ability to print images to their personal color printer and then cut them with the Wishblade.

Features & Benefits
· PC and Mac™ compatible*
· Cut any True Type Font (TTF)
· Create and Cut Welded Words
· Size letters and shapes from ½" - 8" in width and up to 39" in length
· Cut multiple words and/or shapes in various sizes on a single page
· Three interchangeable blade-caps make blade adjustments to cut virtually any paper quick and easy**
· Ability to cut adhesive-backed paper
· Print and Cut technology (Print images to a color printer and cut using the Wishblade)

*Windows® 2000, XP or Mac™OSX
**up to 80-pound cardstock
Re: MAC users... we are still waiting to hear more news on the details...
RE: Upgrade software will be available for current owners...we are still waiting to hear more news on the details...
We will send another newsletter when we have more info...at this time all the info we have is posted on the web site.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'd love to have one. But I have the Cricut - a dear friend of mine got it for me as payment for the wedding scrapbook I am making for her of her neice's wedding. :)

:mad::mad: :mad: I just read that the s/w upgrade is probably going to cost $200! WTH!!! That's half the price of a new Wishblade. Are they nuts?

So, if anyone is thinking of purchasing a Wishblade any time soon, I'd hold off until the new ones are released with the new s/w.

I'm so angry about this now that I don't think I'll recommend Wishblade to anyone else. There are lots of cutters out there that do the same as the Wishblade with more powerful s/w. Even the CraftRobo that's practically identical to the Wishblade has better s/w features, plus they don't charge an arm and a leg for upgrades.

Let's see, some of the cutters available, grouped by comprably functionality (ie: machine size, paper size it will cut, media thickness it will cut, etc.):
Wishblade - $450
CraftRobo - $400
Pazzles Creative Cutter Mini - $475-$675

Klic-N-Kut - $850
Pazzles Creative Cutter Mighty - $1500

Pazzles Creative Cutter Pro - $3000

------------------------------------------------------

I just read a review of the Klic-N-Kut, as well as the Klic-N-Kut Studio s/w that can be purchased separately and will work with other cutters. The person that did these reviews is raving about both. I'm not planning to abandon my Wishblade because I just don't want to invest in another tool. But if I were to purchase a s/w upgrade I think I'd spend the $250 for the KNK Studio over the $200 for the Wishblade upgrade.

There is a scrapbooking message board that I am on that has a section dedicated to the wishblade. If anyone is interested I can give you there web address. It's a great board and has tons of info on it.

RRBB- I have the craftrobo pro II- it costs about $1000 and is comparable to the Klic n Cut and Pazzles Mighty I believe. I just know it cuts so much better than the regular craftrobo/wioshblade and will cut out my 12x12 pages. I have been quite happy with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter