Wish your Magic Band+ had a clock function?

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
I REALLY wish the magic band had a CLOCK on the silly face instead of flashing lights ... so I did not have to pull out my phone and light it up every five minutes to check the time before a ride arrival ...

I know the non-plus magic bands have aftermarket (non Disney) holders you can use to attach them to a regular watch, but have not seen them for the Magic Band+ - so if someone hears that aftermarket holder is available, please share where! I can't be the only one who is not excited about wearing this huge magic band AND a watch in the heat.

Meanwhile, this is my temporary workaround - found a nurses' watch on Amazon (around $10) that clips to my pack and is on an extending cable. Thought someone else might like it - there are obviously other makers of nearly the same watch online, I just liked this face was easy to read ... and you can turn it right side up or put it on a carabiner clip.

Just an option - open to other suggestions?

Attachments

• nurses watch.jpg
    nurses watch.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

It makes me crazy when I wear a magic band that it doesn’t have the time. I know it’s silly (and the clock display might be terrible for battery life) but anything that allows me to pull my phone out less often at Disney Parks is a major win.
Problem is the price point of said magic band. People are already complaining about the price and battery of magic band plus, imagine if they added the digital clock.

It is a good idea, just don't think it is marketable for the masses

Adding a clock would just make the price higher. For something that is basically a 'throwaway' item you only use while at Disney I don't see the need for that. Virtually everyone has a cell phone nowadays so this would seem redundant. For stuff like those Genie options, you are probably already on your phone a lot even when at the park.

I'm a traditional watch guy. I tend to wear mechanical / automatic analog watches. So I will not have a need for my magic band to have a watch function.

For the price they are; my expectation is they have a basic display with time; step count and heart rate and the battery should last 5 days.

If you'd rather have a clock than flashing lights I guess I don't really understand why you even need a MagicBand+. They don't do much more than that (other than interact with the statues). Just stick with the standard band that you can put on a watch.

WDW used to sell one that was on a slider. We have it, but there is no way to replace the battery, and it died a while ago. I think it cost about $20, but we mistakenly thought we'd be able to replace the battery.

This time of year, I have found cheap kid digital watches in the 'Easter basket' area of big box stores.

Problem is the price point of said magic band. People are already complaining about the price and battery of magic band plus, imagine if they added the digital clock.

It is a good idea, just don't think it is marketable for the masses
A digital watch is not expensive.
Five Below has some for $5, Walmart $2.

I have also seen them as promotional freebies at convention type events. If a company buys them in bulk (500+) the price drops to 75 cents or less.

WDW used to sell watches (on a slider) among their other Magicband gibbitz.

All vacation we kept saying the same thing. We wish there was a digital clock on the magicbands. It's ridiculous that we had to either look at our cellphones or ask our oldest DD who was wearing her apple watch.

I have a simpler means of finding out the time. I just ask DH to check with Minnie on his Apple Watch.

She has Minnie's voice even. Tells you the time and says, "Good Morning/Afternoon, etc." too. Soooo cute.
How in the world do you make this happen???

I just leave my watch on and wear my magic band on other wrist.

I can see why you might want a clock added to the MB (but that would increase the cost and decrease battery life). I put the MB on one wrist and wear my smart watch on the other.

Below is one of the adapters to put it on an existing (wide) watch band. We decided even with this, having two items on a smaller wrist are just awkward. But I found it slides on the strap of my bag with this, and will be happy to use it there - I'll probably notice it lighting up just as often. I mostly like it for waving at park entry, G+ and ILL$ rides, but if it's not a watch, no reason to be on My wrist ;) BTW the adapter option makes it fit the charger without needing to use the large band. Just a reminder for those on the fence, the MagicBand+ also needs its own specialized charger - so one more thing to pack.

This one was $11 with the adapter and $4 shipping as of 2/2023:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1289116427/magicband-flexible-puck-holder-magicband?ref=yr_purchases

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter