Wish vs Fantasy 3 night

supercarrie

DIS Veteran
I know there have been other Wish vs Fantasy threads in the past, but they have always compared different length cruises and consensus is always go with longer.

We are looking at doing either the Wish or the Fantasy 3 night in May 2025. We would do the under construction Royal Caribbean Oasis class Utopia of the Seas one weekend, spend the weekdays at WDW, and then wrap with a Disney cruise (or vice versa).

My husband and son are huge Oasis class fans but have never done Disney. We were debating which cruise line to tack onto our spring WDW trip, and thought - why not just do both?

Some things to note:
-Fantasy is Thurs-Sun, Wish is Fri-Mon, so we'd probably lose a day at WDW if we did Fantasy
-my son loves Star Wars but hates princesses (as of now, a year is a long way off) - so the heavy princess theming on the Wish in staterooms and dining (Frozen) gave me a bit of pause - he loves the idea of the slide into the kids club, though
-comparing ship to ship, I initially thought it would probably be fair to do Disney's most modern (Wish) over Fantasy when comparing it to Utopia
-I've heard the Wish can feel more crowded than the Fantasy. One of the things we love about the Oasis class ships on Royal is they absorb the crowds well despite being so big.
-Wish is about $400 more expensive than the Fantasy (total), but this isn't a major deal for us. We have one of the aft balconies on the Wish on hold at the moment, which is already an upcharge (cabin 6196, which is actually split into two rooms) and this room looks great. Is there a comparable type room on the Fantasy?

Which one would you pick?

There are oceanview split layout rooms on deck 5 on the Fantasy that are similar...

The Wish is VERY Princess heavy (Staterooms, atrium, dinner shows) but does have Hyperspace Lounge. Both kids club have Star Wars areas

I am a Fantasy fan first but I like the classical nautical look. I also like Frozen show over The Little Mermaid on the Wish (it is a strange telling of it IMO) and I love Believe. The adult areas are much better (both in the evening and the adult pool space)

The pool deck food is better on The Wish and I like their Pirate show more but I don't love the layout and it is extremely princess focused IMO.

Hope that helps.

My initial reaction is go with newer since you will be doing new on Royal. And you mentioned that (often a clue to underlying feelings).

Wish. Especially with a unique cabin - the price difference is negligible, overall.

I do love the Cat 8A cabins on Fantasy, but they are oceanview. And one bathroom unit, not split.

It’s hard to say either is a bad choice. Different.

Maybe the day at WDW is a deciding factor?

After watching the video, I have concerns over the Wish cabin, though. That is a very narrow verandah - with metal piping instead of glass wall. Limited sun coverage.

The kids’ room is closest to the hallway door. And access to the verandah from that area (loss of supervision).

Here was our Cat 8A in Fantasy (sleeps 3 - no overhead berth)

Cabins 5020 and 5022 have this layout (including divider wall), without the noise found in 5520 and 5522.

IMG_7226.jpeg
IMG_7225.jpeg
IMG_7224.jpeg
IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8481.jpeg

Last edited:
There are oceanview split layout rooms on deck 5 on the Fantasy that are similar...

The Wish is VERY Princess heavy (Staterooms, atrium, dinner shows) but does have Hyperspace Lounge. Both kids club have Star Wars areas

I am a Fantasy fan first but I like the classical nautical look. I also like Frozen show over The Little Mermaid on the Wish (it is a strange telling of it IMO) and I love Believe. The adult areas are much better (both in the evening and the adult pool space)

The pool deck food is better on The Wish and I like their Pirate show more but I don't love the layout and it is extremely princess focused IMO.

Hope that helps.
I will look into those cabins for availability. My husband says just go Wish because it is newest, but the Wish just seems so so princessy.

Maybe we need to end up on a 7 night Treasure vs 7 night Icon instead. 🤣

After watching the video, I have concerns over the Wish cabin, though. That is a very narrow verandah - with metal piping instead of glass wall. Limited sun coverage.

The kids’ room is closest to the hallway door. And access to the verandah from that area (loss of supervision).

Here was our Cat 8A in Fantasy (sleeps 3 - no overhead berth)

Cabins 5020 and 5022 have this layout (including divider wall), without the noise found in 5520 and 5522.

View attachment 844315
View attachment 844314
View attachment 844313
View attachment 844310

View attachment 844309
We are looking at these cabins for next year. Curious, why the noise in 5520 and 5522? Did you like the different layout?

We are looking at these cabins for next year. Curious, why the noise in 5520 and 5522? Did you like the different layout?
I love the layout found in these four rooms (5020, 5022, 5520, and 5522). So much more floor space than other cabins. The big portholes are so unique. Bed section and sofa section both have TVs - positioned for ease of watching (not so in many of the Cat 8As). It works great for sisters, each having own space. And lots of closet, drawer, and desk space to keep things tidy. We are fine sharing the single shower - toilet - sink room. The location was also convenient to the movie theater (same deck), and stairs / elevators to the Walt Disney Theater and the rest of the ship.

The Starboard side (5520, 5522) pick up sound from the Movie theater, I believe. The Port cabins are over a hallway. I probably noticed the noise this trip, as I spent more time in the time (I was so excited to have it). Why pay for special and then just sleep there?

These are the most expensive oceanview cabins, but I think it’s worth the extra bit.

I am picky on verandahs - I like glass walls, shade, room to position my chair (better yet, deep enough for a lounge chair). I also tend not to use them enough to justify the big jump in price.

We did book a Cat 4E, extended verandah (deep!, half shade, half sun) for a future Fantasy cruise.

I have no standard cabin - I try all types (well, not the Walt Disney Suite). 😉

I love the layout found in these four rooms (5020, 5022, 5520, and 5522). So much more floor space than other cabins. The big portholes are so unique. Bed section and sofa section both have TVs - positioned for ease of watching (not so in many of the Cat 8As). It works great for sisters, each having own space. And lots of closet, drawer, and desk space to keep things tidy. We are fine sharing the single shower - toilet - sink room. The location was also convenient to the movie theater (same deck), and stairs / elevators to the Walt Disney Theater and the rest of the ship.

The Starboard side (5520, 5522) pick up sound from the Movie theater, I believe. The Port cabins are over a hallway. I probably noticed the noise this trip, as I spent more time in the time (I was so excited to have it). Why pay for special and then just sleep there?

These are the most expensive oceanview cabins, but I think it’s worth the extra bit.

I am picky on verandahs - I like glass walls, shade, room to position my chair (better yet, deep enough for a lounge chair). I also tend not to use them enough to justify the big jump in price.

We did book a Cat 4E, extended verandah (deep!, half shade, half sun) for a future Fantasy cruise.

I have no standard cabin - I try all types (well, not the Walt Disney Suite). 😉
This is very helpful - thank you!

On the Wish Cargo Bay in the kids club is pretty neat, it was my favourite and the Creature Challenge is great. (If he's lucky sometimes a visitor shows up during that program!)

The marvel room is neat and the programs they do in there are kind of like escape rooms, and again, might be lucky for some visitors for those programs.

And the Marvel restaurant is so cool, blew my expectations out of the water.

There's also the Hero Zone which is a large gymnasium that on the Nassau morning the put in a huge inflatable obstacle course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter