Wisconsin Dells Great Wolf- worth the $$$$???

sz9144

DIS Veteran
I am having a major dilemma over whether to keep our reservation at the Great Wolf in the Dells for 4th of July weekend. We are planning to go up thurs 7/2 and leave sun 7/5. Our base rate (using disney code) was $535 plus tax- for a total of $611 for the 3 nites.

All of our getaways to this point have been thru priceline, so I am having a difficult time spending so much for a hotel stay. We went once to the Dells a few yrs ago to Chula Vista and it was so horrible there we left after 1 nite. So I am hesitant to go back to the dells.

Am I being too cheap? I just feel that I cannot justify $600 for 3 days in a waterpark.

any input is appreciated!

YIKES...that is expensive.

We used to love the GWL, in the Dells, when DD was a little younger, now she prefers the Kalahari or the Wilderness.

We live about 2 hours from the Dells.

This would be my advice if $$ matters: Wait about another week or two, and GWL will have super-duper low rates for the last week or two in August. The last time we did this, it was about $129 or so a night, if you are not staying overnight on a Friday or Saturday.

This time-frame roughly correlates to when neighboring states start back at school, and the crowds in the Dells are "back in school".

Hope this helps!

Personally - I would have a difficult time spending THAT much to stay at the waterpark. But, then again, we live relatively close to the Dells, so for us it is really easy to get to.

Yesterday I was fooling around with some codes. I got GREAT and FUN to work. You might also try GREEN or SPLASH. These are all 20% off.

I am sure they jacked up the prices due to the holiday. It would be a lot cheaper during the week.

ended up cancelling- by the time you add gas and meals it would be about $1000 for the weekend- too much right now!

Just keep a look out for special deals. We just went to Kalahari last week. The total for 2 days was going to be over 600.00. We found a code from Travelzoo and ended up paying 240.00 with also an upgrade to a suite and 2 free pizzas and drinks. There are deals, just keep searching. Good luck.

there is a rental posted on the tugbbs last minute rentals for $412 for the week in a two bedroom cottage at christmas Mountain in the Dells. No indoor water park, but lots to do. July 4 to 11, $412 plus $48 cleaning fee, you would have a full kitchen.

Sounds like a good deal to me - the cheapest we've been able to do was $309 a night, midweek, in the PA location. However, 3 nights would be 2 much for me. We stayed 2 nights, and I was DONE!

Considering its over a holiday weekend, that price isn't too bad. I'm glad you cancelled though. I don't think the Great Wolf is anything to write home about. It is geared for younger children. We will be staying at the Kalahari in a few weeks and the rate was $199.00 per night. My kids who are 11 & 13 enjoy both the indoor and outdoor waterparks because they are more exciting. Especially since it has a surfing thing and a roller coaster water slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter