• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winnebago Mini-Winnie

Linda Talbot

Mouseketeer
We did a little traveling this past weekend and stopped at a rest area and saw a very interesting looking Winnebago. It appeared to be about a 22-24 footer, class c. The thing about it that intrigued us was it had a Volkswagen front and engine. Does anyone have any information about this particular model? It was the perfect size my Hubby and me. We want to purchase one in about 3 years and want to do as much research about them as possible now. We want something easy to handle on a city street and easy to park in a campground.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

It is not a Mini Winnie. It is a Winnebago though. It is called a Vista. It is 21' and has a VW 6 cyl in it. It sleeps up to 4 but 3 is more like it. It has a very small cargo capacity. like 375 pounds when loaded with water and fuel. It gets about 15 miles per gal. They cost new starting at $57,000 with a few options. As of now there is no factory option for an awning. You can check it out at www.winnebagoind.com

I am a winnie dealer and we had this product for the last few years. We no longer handle the Vista but I would be more than happy to answer any questions on it.

NHMICKEY:
Do you have any info on the Rialta? I had seen on the HGTV channel that it could be made handicap accessable. They showed an overhead lift system so someone in a wheelchair could be lifted out of their wheelchair straight back to the bed. I've seen these in homes but thought it was great to be able to put one in a RV. I'm considering the Rialta due to it's smaller size. I don't want to have to drive anything very long. thanks, Susan

I'v got an Ultimate Freedom or Advantage on my wish list...... some day, if i win the lottery i'll come and see you and you can set me up Nat :teeth: :teeth:

I've always loved looking at your Disneyana pics... now I find out you're a Winnie dealer!!! :hyper:

Love the Minnie! (Gee, wonder why?) :goodvibes

;)

Ah, to be able to get one...

Someday...

Sandy

Thanks for the info NHMickey. I ordered some material from Winnebago about the Vista. It really looks like something Hubby and I would be happy owning. We currently have a 19 foot travel trailer, which we both love, but think we are about ready to move up to the Motorhome. As I stated in my original post, maybe 3 years, maybe less, if the right opportunity came along. Can't wait for the camping and RV shows to start in the spring. We always get lots of info there and look at the new models. We have found that in the past several years, the shows seem to have a lot of pop-ups and smaller trailers, which is great. But we really would love to see a Vista or a Rialta showcased at one of these venues. Again, thanks for the info. I knew that someone here at this board would know about the Vista.

Glad I could help. If you have more questions please let me lnow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter