Wine & Dine 2019 (Oct 31 - Nov 3), Registration Mar 19

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by TheProphetPaul, Nov 6, 2018.

1. bearybubba

bearybubba Mouseketeer

Hubby and I are in! 10/28-11/5. We are using a TA as well. Hubs doing all 3 races and I'm in for the 5K. So excited for another long trip!

2. CassieRuns

CassieRuns Earning My Ears

I was going to pass it up but then I remembered that it is an anniversary year and Tiana was NOT one of the medals for princess so... looks like I'm in whether I want to be or not!? :rolleyes1

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Just curious....where is everyone getting TA's to book this event? The RD website doesn't list anyone yet.

5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

TA’s publicize it themselves. Through Facebook groups and stuff like that they are easy to find. It’s pretty much the same TAs every race weekend.

mrsg00fy likes this.
  6. Eeyores#1Fan

Eeyores#1Fan DIS Veteran

LOL! I'm soooo torn as I sooooo wanted Tiana at the Princess so now will def do whatever race she is featured on BUT the issue is how to know or do I bite the bullet and register for all 3 just because :) Hubby thinks I can wait seeing as Princess didn't sell out nor did the Marathon weekend but then I'm thinking I'll get stuck doing a TA or a charity. Decisions, decisions. :) Just glad I'm not the only one.

CassieRuns likes this.
  7. CassieRuns

CassieRuns Earning My Ears

I feel like if they DO use Tiana... it will be for the half marathon which does not sell out right away. I'm going to chance it because I don't know if I can do all three races again (I'm doing the Castle to Couture challenge in Paris this year too) and it seems unlikely that they would only put her on a 5K for an anniversary year.

Fingers crossed.

8. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

Ideally I’d love for fall feast to be Timon/Pumba with their grubs got TLK’s 25th plus race is in DAK—10k Tiana themed for PatF’s 10th Anniversary Half Chef Mickey as always

Not holding out hope as the writing on the site right now says the same copy about Chef Mickey and Minnie for all races while last year listed the individual characters (maybe it will change closer to March)

9. Eeyores#1Fan

Eeyores#1Fan DIS Veteran

I'm looking at doing the Castle to Chateau in 2020 but do the Star Wars Challenge since I believe its an anniversary for them and the Paris challenge. :)

Yeah I'm like you thinking if anything she'll get the 10K cause they always have Mickey on the half. Since it's usually easier to sell bibs via TA's I'm looking into doing that. I'm DVC and AP so can get around the room and ticket requirements. That way if I decide not to go I can try and get someone else to use it :)

CassieRuns likes this.
  10. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

This is my plan, as well. I did the Disneyland Paris half marathon last year, and seeing all those awesome Castle to Chateau medals made me realize I want one for myself!

CassieRuns likes this.
  11. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Well, I'm in for the challenge again and would love to see Tiana for the 10K. I do also think the 1/2 will be Mickey themed as it normally is. Even the inaugural Lumiere's Challenge had Mickey on the half medal.

CassieRuns and rteetz like this.
  12. ReelRedHead

ReelRedHead Mouseketeer

Where does one find TA's to book early bibs/packages? I will be out of the country on March 19 and do not want to miss out! Can anyone PM me some TA's that they are familiar with? Is that allowed?

13. jennamfeo

jennamfeo Powered by Pizza

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets are already up for sale! There is a party on Oct 31 & Nov 1, which is weird to me because don’t they usually change over to Christmas the night of Halloween? Anyway, probably doing the party on November 1st if anyone wants to join me for that.

14. rteetz

So no sleep before the 10K got it ;)

mrsg00fy and jennamfeo like this.
  15. jennamfeo

jennamfeo Powered by Pizza

It’s just a 10k Ryan.... ;)

16. rteetz

Just like its just a marathon...

FFigawi and jennamfeo like this.
  17. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

They held a party on 11/1 two years ago as well. My BFF and I attended it.

This is the reason I am likely going on Halloween, ugh, because I'll have the fam with me and I can't stomach no sleep and the early wake up for the 10K! I was kind of hoping for a party on the 30th. Now I need a miracle and to get a room for the 29th (at a resort my picky husband will agree too) or Halloween night it is.

jennamfeo, rteetz and Dis_Yoda like this.
  18. Gemini1131

Gemini1131 Mouseketeer

We were hoping for a 10/30 party also and it looked like from past years with similar date so that’s what they did so definitely disappointed. We are aiming for the 10/31 party now but frustrated with the price difference.

lovingeire likes this.
  19. Davie Business

Davie Business All who wander.....

Any idea on the routes for the 10k and Half? Are they similar to the marathon weekend routes? Does the half go through magic kingdom and end up in Epcot and the 10k just around epcot?

20. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

Last two years it has started in the mk parking lot and ended in Epcot

The 10k will go through hs (maybe) and Epcot.

The half will go through ak, hs, Epcot

21. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

The 10k has had 3 different courses in 3 years
    2016 was the same route as marathon and Princess
    2017 started at TTC and ran through DHS and Epcot
    2018 started in TTC and was all roadways with lots of overpass hills before getting into Epcot