Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Thanks for the confirmation race friends and good luck to all with signup today. I am sooooo nervous. Two of us are doing the 10k and 3 are doing the challenge. As my daughter likes to say we have now become "that family" who goes on vacation and then runs and are miserable for the fun of it.

We have done it the last 5 years (2020 virtually obviously) so we can't quit now.

Thanks for the confirmation race friends and good luck to all with signup today. I am sooooo nervous. Two of us are doing the 10k and 3 are doing the challenge. As my daughter likes to say we have now become "that family" who goes on vacation and then runs and are miserable for the fun of it.

We have done it the last 5 years (2020 virtually obviously) so we can't quit now.
Done 10k since 2016 anxiety killing me

Hey just confirming before registration opens this morning.. I'm not registering myself, but I do need to register 2 other people. Can I do that under my account or would I need access to theirs?

You mean the same inaugural Dark Side where they tried running from Epcot to WWoS, hitting the Epcot to DHS pathway before the field had spread out? Then had that weird dirt trail through the woods into WWoS to finish? That was an absolute disaster of a weekend that, fortunately, RunDisney seemed to actually learn their lesson from.
That’s the one! We can laugh about it now, but then… Yeah, that was an EPIC disaster!
Why do I have a vague recollection of running through the woods to WWoS? Did they do that another time? ToT 10 Miler maybe? I didn't run the inaugural Dark Side run. (Or I could be losing my mind and it wasn't at WDW)
Yep, TOT used the dirt (and rock) road into DHS, too, for a couple years.

Hey just confirming before registration opens this morning.. I'm not registering myself, but I do need to register 2 other people. Can I do that under my account or would I need access to theirs?
you can do it under your account. you'll select that you're registering "someone else" and need to know their address, email, and what they have for their name in their rundisney account (and shirt size, although that is editable)

Having the exact same information as in their account should prevent the "disappearing" registration when you go to transfer it from your account to their account.
Unless one of them is a minor, and then you just put the appropriate info since they don't have/need an account and the adult can pick up their bib.

you can do it under your account. you'll select that you're registering "someone else" and need to know their address, email, and what they have for their name in their rundisney account (and shirt size, although that is editable)

Having the exact same information as in their account should prevent the "disappearing" registration when you go to transfer it from your account to their account.

Thank you!

One of the people is a minor and doesn't have her own account. It's a mother and a daughter. Will I be able to transfer both registrations to the mother when I'm done?

Thank you!

One of the people is a minor and doesn't have her own account. It's a mother and a daughter. Will I be able to transfer both registrations to the mother when I'm done?
This I don't know. I would think to use the mom's address and email, and be sure to forward the confirmation emails to her.

You mean the same inaugural Dark Side where they tried running from Epcot to WWoS, hitting the Epcot to DHS pathway before the field had spread out? Then had that weird dirt trail through the woods into WWoS to finish? That was an absolute disaster of a weekend that, fortunately, RunDisney seemed to actually learn their lesson from.
It was a nightmare worthy of the dark side!

After six straight W&D HMs, I'm not going to make this one. I do have a good excuse; I'll be in South Africa at a friends game reserve/farm. He chose the dates and I was not going to argue.

Won't stop me from following today's fun and games. Good Luck everyone!
We'll miss you, but that sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

As a reminder for how to share links, or get your fastest window from a smaller device to something you prefer more for completing the registration.

To share a link:

Put a cursor over "Queue ID" and click it. It will have a pop up window with "Copy my link". Click it and then paste it elsewhere. You can also email it to yourself.

just copy/pasting the ID number string does not make it useable to anyone. you have to follow the above direction for a whole link.

As a reminder for how to share links, or get your fastest window from a smaller device to something you prefer more for completing the registration.

just copy/pasting the ID number string does not make it useable to anyone. you have to follow the above direction for a whole link.
Thanks for the reminder. I've definitely got some devices open that I would prefer not to have to use unless absolutely necessary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter