Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Hello! I'm registered for the half marathon- I've done 2 run Disney 10K (including the brutal April humidity one this year ha) and both were fun & I did fine with training. I've never been an athlete or runner earlier in life (34F) and am using Jeff Galloway's run/ walk method like I did for other races. Right now I'm training with 20/40 interval sometimes pushing to 25/35. My goal is to get to 30/30 interval by race time- have asthma but this seems doable with keeping heart rate ok. Does this seem like a pace that will be fine even with likely being in last corrals? Worried about getting swept but am training with Galloway's 13.1 app. Looking for reassurance/ tips. Super excited! We are staying onsite at Caribbean Beach- what is the best way for husband to cheer me on and or at least be able to watch me finish? No car so need Uber or on-site transportation and don't want him to miss me. Thanks in advance!
If the main goal is for him to see you finish, the easiest thing is for him to take the rundisney transportation to the finish line. The will be more information about the bus times in the event guide. There is usually a small break when the race first starts but he should be able to get on a bus after the break and make it in time for you to finish.

@jmasgat also had good spectator suggestions above but it's unlikely your partner can make it to those and the finish. It may be possible if you have park tickets and reservations for Epcot, but he'd still have to move pretty quickly to make it through the park.

If I'm not interested in merch, how much time should I budget for the expo? First runDisney race here, and I've done large races (NYC, Marine Corps) before where I've been able to get in and out in an hour.

If I'm not interested in merch, how much time should I budget for the expo? First runDisney race here, and I've done large races (NYC, Marine Corps) before where I've been able to get in and out in an hour.
That's a rather difficult question to answer because it depends upon what time you get there. For the Springtime Surprise, I was there an hour before the Expo opened and was in and out within 15 minutes. You get your bib first at the Field House, then you go to the Expo area which is in a different building about 100 yards away to pick up your shirt. Hence, that's actually one hour and 15 minutes. By the time the Expo opened, there was an enormous line behind me which might have taken longer than my time to get their bibs and shirts.

First off, what races are you running and what day do you plan to hit the expo? Unless you're running Dopey or the 5k and plan to hit the Expo on Wednesday, it should be a quick and easy proposition with more time spent traveling to and from WWoS than actually spent picking up your packet. If you're doing Dopey/5k and not interested in merch, consider going mid- to late afternoon on Wednesday. The crowds have generally died down to next to nothing and it's very quick to get in and out. That's when I go to pick up my packet.

ETA: I just realized this was in the W&D thread, not the MW thread! 😳

The basic advice remains sound, just substitute Challenge/5k and Thursday for Dopey/5k and Wednesday. Sorry!

Last edited:

In addition to the advice above, know that there are two Expo areas. There is one at the top of the hill, across from the building where you get your bib. You MUST enter there to get your shirt, typically in the back of that hall. That building has all the third-party vendors and lots of smaller photo backdrops (generic runDisney, course maps). The Arena building you see when you first arrive is dedicated entirely to runDisney official merchandise and more elaborate photo backdrops (that sometimes also have characters). You have to get in line to enter the building, so even if you just want photos, it could be a long wait. If you do want those photos, I'd advise visiting in the afternoon or another day, as @camaker advised. The lines for that die off as the official merchandise sells out.

FYI - keep an eye on your flights. I was checking mine (booked SWA with points) and my return flight was substantially cheaper (dropped by 6,000 points from when I booked). Also room availability seems to be opening up a wee bit (may have to select specific resort and search for that one). I just switched from AOA to All Star Music for 11/5-7, saving about $240. Of anyone’s been looking for an Ariel suite one’s now open.

FYI - keep an eye on your flights. I was checking mine (booked SWA with points) and my return flight was substantially cheaper (dropped by 6,000 points from when I booked). Also room availability seems to be opening up a wee bit (may have to select specific resort and search for that one). I just switched from AOA to All Star Music for 11/5-7, saving about $240. Of anyone’s been looking for an Ariel suite one’s now open.
I was able to rebook my Southwest flights for the exact same flights but nearly $100 cheaper. So definitely worth checking periodically!

To those who’ve done this before, when does the Monorail start running in the morning? Is it a post-race option to get back to Monorail resorts/TTC after the race?

To those who’ve done this before, when does the Monorail start running in the morning? Is it a post-race option to get back to Monorail resorts/TTC after the race?
When I ran the Princess earlier this year, the monorail was running to get spectators to the TTC and to MK to cheer on runners. It was running before the race even started.

When I ran the Princess earlier this year, the monorail was running to get spectators to the TTC and to MK to cheer on runners. It was running before the race even started.
Thanks, I should have clarified: the EPCOT Monorail (to/from TTC and EPCOT). Is the EPCOT monorail back to the TTC an option post-race (since the EPCOT parking lot is the end?)

Thanks, I should have clarified: the EPCOT Monorail (to/from TTC and EPCOT). Is the EPCOT monorail back to the TTC an option post-race (since the EPCOT parking lot is the end?)
I can't imagine they'd stop running it between the race and park opening. I know the people who road to MK were able to get back to Epcot to meet me after the race. I'd fully expect it to continue running.

runDisney posted a YouTube Video a couple of hours ago confirming several things about the POST RACE PARTY.

If you don't want to watch the video, here are the highlights.
  • All Global Marketplace Open
  • Attractions Open:
    • Test Track
    • Soarin'
    • Frozen Ever After
    • Ratatouille
    • GotG Cosmic Rewind (No LL & No Virtual Queue)
  • Entertainment: Boyz II Men
  • Specialty Drink: Pearl Blueberry Vodka, Chambord, Sour Mix

Attractions Open:
  • Test Track
  • Soarin'
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Ratatouille

I sincerely hope that there is going to be more than 5 rides open. If not, I'm going to have a very hard time justifying my friend buying a party ticket.

runDisney posted a YouTube Video a couple of hours ago confirming several things about the POST RACE PARTY.

If you don't want to watch the video, here are the highlights.
  • All Global Marketplace Open
  • Attractions Open:
    • Test Track
    • Soarin'
    • Frozen Ever After
    • Ratatouille
  • Entertainment: Boyz II Men
  • Specialty Drink: Pearl Blueberry Vodka, Chambord, Sour Mix

What a fun video! Can't wait for November! I'm hoping to ride GotG for the first time. I think our strategy will be to get in line the last 30 mins of the party.

I sincerely hope that there is going to be more than 5 rides open. If not, I'm going to have a very hard time justifying my friend buying a party ticket.
I feel like a lot of the after party people are more interested in photo opportunities with characters than rides. In my experience unique food offerings or character photos have longer lines than attractions

Five is more rides than usual for the Wine & Dine post-race parties.

Last year I think four rides were open: Soarin', Test Track, Frozen, and Remy. In 2019 I was there and I think there were three: Soarin', Test Track, and Frozen. In 2018, it was four: Soarin', Test Track, Frozen, and Spaceship Earth. A lot of rare character meets are usually available, though.

Glad that Guardians will be open! I wonder if it will drive higher party ticket sales/crowds? I recall the ride/food booth/character lines were very very long during the early hours of the party in 2019. I was a tired zombie and left fairly early, but I think those who stayed late were rewarded with shorter waits.

In 2018 it rained the whole party which was great because it kept so many people away. I don't think there were more than 2 people in front of us for any of the booths and Frozen was practically a walk on after the first hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter