Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

EPCOT-O.G.

DIS Veteran
Now that we know the race details, I'm updating them here. Please pass on any information I might be missing.

The announced dates are November 3-6, 2022.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend | runDisney

**Both the 5K and 10K Races sold out by mid-morning on March 22, 2022.**
**5K - Sold out 3/22/22
**10K - Sold out 3/22/22
**Half - Sold out 3/23/22
**Two Course Challenge - Sold out

**Virtual - 5K sold out; remainder still available as of 9/7/22

CHECK TIMES PERIODICALLY - RACES OPEN UP EVERY FEW DAYS. #TeamRunDisney hosts a Twitter account which posts updates when registration options change at: https://twitter.com/rundisregstatus

In addition to the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, in years' past there have been the Wine and Dine 5K, Food and Wine 10K, the Two Course Challenge, and Virtual races as well.

The official description is as follows:
Join Us for An Unforgettable Showcase Celebration!
Celebrating the global community of runDisney, the 2022 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by Shokz will explore the music, stories and culinary delights found around World Showcase during the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival.

Participants will experience an extension of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration throughout a weekend filled with magic and miles––capped off with a unique post-race party highlighting flavors from around the world.

During race weekends, we may implement health and safety measures, such as face coverings, physical distancing and other requirements if they are deemed appropriate.

The Half Marathon highlights are listed here:

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Highlights:
  • 13.1 mile course through Walt Disney World Resort
  • An array of Disney character sightings and entertainment throughout the race
  • Half Marathon Finisher medal
  • On-Course and Post Race Refreshments
  • Participant Shirt
  • Personalized Bib (you must register by August 2, 2022 to get your name on bib)
  • Virtual Expo & Event Guide
  • Downloadable Finisher Certificate
  • $15 Disney Promo Card*—not valid after November 13, 2022
  • After-Hours access to a post-race party at EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
PRE-RACE MEETUP: Saturday, Hurricane Hannah's, 2:00-4:00

POST-RACE PARTY DETAILS:

10pm-1am, can enter EPCOT as early as 5pm
Special character events, drinks, and open attractions include Test Track, Soarin', Frozen Ever After, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Wine and Dine Post-Race Party Details

Last edited:
It's typically the first weekend in November. I would plan on Nov. 4-6, but as always with Disney nothing is guaranteed.

For those that plan to participate in 2022 W&D, do you book your hotel stay now based on the probable dates and adjust later if needed?

I would book a DVC room now if I already had my points (waiting on closing currently), but I would wait until at least summer for anything else.

I wonder when they will at least announce the official race dates or registration dates. I haven't done W&D half since 2016 but I'm pretty sure we registered in March.

You can also join the runDisney mailing list for notifications of that type of thing. There's a link to do that near the bottom of the runDisney homepage.
I swear I'd done that before but it's been a while so I better sign up again!

I swear I'd done that before but it's been a while so I better sign up again!

You probably did, but their emails tend to be hit and mess and often seem to run afoul of spam filters. You might also consider following their Twitter feed, as they seem to have a pretty good amount of activity there.

You probably did, but their emails tend to be hit and mess and often seem to run afoul of spam filters. You might also consider following their Twitter feed, as they seem to have a pretty good amount of activity there.
I feel like routinely checking here will update you quicker than their emails.

While I liked the villains theme, I don’t get how it relates to wine and dine.
This quote was from the other thread— I think the villains theme works because of how close the race is to Halloween. I wish they still had the Halloween party the weekend of the race bc I really want to go to it but probably can’t justify two trips so close.

This quote was from the other thread— I think the villains theme works because of how close the race is to Halloween. I wish they still had the Halloween party the weekend of the race bc I really want to go to it but probably can’t justify two trips so close.
A villain theme would of worked in 2019 when the expo was actually ON Halloween that year however it was Jungle Book 5K ( with race moved from animal kingdom to epcot so not thematically thought out) frozen 10k colonial Mickey half (10th anniversary) and 3 cabs challenge (also Lion king for kids races)

If we do villains again in 22 I hope for some different ones though I selfishly hope for an Epcot 40th theme

A villain theme would of worked in 2019 when the expo was actually ON Halloween that year however it was Jungle Book 5K ( with race moved from animal kingdom to epcot so not thematically thought out) frozen 10k colonial Mickey half (10th anniversary) and 3 cabs challenge (also Lion king for kids races)

If we do villains again in 22 I hope for some different ones though I selfishly hope for an Epcot 40th theme

This is a great idea. I really hope they do this. The medals should evoke the icons of long-ago cherished rides that no longer exist, like Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey Into Imagination

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter