Wine and Dine 2015

You guys...I think I'm having a small nervous breakdown over here! Whyyyy do they continue to use Active!

I was on hold for active customer service for 35 min. I finally get through, he tells me I was registered and he was sending me a screenshot of it - he sent me my princess half confirmation :confused:. So he tells me to contact rundisney and they should have it. When I called, it told me "sorry, no one is available to help you right now."

I am soooo confused. I went through the entire process right at noon! I entered my payment and then it told me to contact active customer service about the status of my registration. So I tried to register again, was told "Attention! This person is already registered for that category!"

So now all I can do is sit at work, confused and nervous. What the heck is going on!!

You guys...I think I'm having a small nervous breakdown over here! Whyyyy do they continue to use Active!

I was on hold for active customer service for 35 min. I finally get through, he tells me I was registered and he was sending me a screenshot of it - he sent me my princess half confirmation :confused:. So he tells me to contact rundisney and they should have it. When I called, it told me "sorry, no one is available to help you right now."

I am soooo confused. I went through the entire process right at noon! I entered my payment and then it told me to contact active customer service about the status of my registration. So I tried to register again, was told "Attention! This person is already registered for that category!"

So now all I can do is sit at work, confused and nervous. What the heck is going on!!

No idea if this is active yet, but try this link - or at least bookmark it:

http://www.active.com/search_reg.cfm?SR_ID=48776&CHECKSSO=0&EVENT_ID=2138461

I've never printed anything after registration. It gets emailed to me and if I feel the need, I print the receipt and confirmation from my email.

Yes, you can register without being able to print, I think. You should be prompted to enter an email and you'll get email confirmation of your registration. If you have an Active account as well, then I think you can even go in later and print the confirmation.

I printed the receipt you get after you register but honestly its not needed,when you register it also asks for an email so you will get an email confirmation you can print later on to have some paper confirmation for yourself.But even when you go pick up your bib at the expo all you really need is your ID and the waiver with your bib number that doesn't appear until like a month before the race,and even those can be printed at the expo.

Thanks everyone! That makes me feel better! On the registration page is says you must be able to print, so I was concerned. But you guys are the experts, lol! :)

I got in as soon as it opened but now comes the agony to get my DBF signed up during regular registration. I think I will be more stressed about that one. It's her first 1/2 and I'm only doing it because of her. I hope that doesn't sell out in 15 minutes!! :scared:

I got in as soon as it opened but now comes the agony to get my DBF signed up during regular registration. I think I will be more stressed about that one. It's her first 1/2 and I'm only doing it because of her. I hope that doesn't sell out in 15 minutes!! :scared:

I'm in the same position,I know in other years it's lasted at least a couple of hours but with no ToT this year it has me a bit more concerned.

Personally, I don't think selling out 13,000 or so race spots in 15 minutes is possible, just because we all know that the sites (RunDisney/Active) can't handle the traffic they get as it is. Worst case, maybe two hours? Best case? Through the end of the day, if I had to guess.

If they have servers and databases that can process 13,000 secure purchases in 15 minutes ... then they can afford to build a better site that doesn't crash so much! :D

I hope the general registration does go longer. I wasn't really worried about it since my first experience with Tink last August was that it took a long time to sell out... the half was still open for days after it opened. But now I'm slightly nervous! :) I wish there was a special signup available to Disney Visa people, too. :D

Congratulations to everyone that got in today, and good luck to those waiting impatiently for the main registration date. I know how nerve wracking this can be.

Congrats to everyone who registered today! Add me to the people nervous about registration. I have to sign myself and DH up for the half. I didn't have issues for PHM weekend registering two people for two races, but wasn't running a title race. (I ran the 5 and 10K.) Here's to hoping I'm quick enough on the draw on the 17th to get us both registered!

Thanks everyone! That makes me feel better! On the registration page is says you must be able to print, so I was concerned. But you guys are the experts, lol! :)

I normally just save mine as a PDF. (Click to print, then when the preview screen pops up I save as a PDF instead of printing.) This way if I need it for anything it's easily emailed or I can print it.

Personally, I don't think selling out 13,000 or so race spots in 15 minutes is possible, just because we all know that the sites (RunDisney/Active) can't handle the traffic they get as it is. Worst case, maybe two hours? Best case? Through the end of the day, if I had to guess.

If they have servers and databases that can process 13,000 secure purchases in 15 minutes ... then they can afford to build a better site that doesn't crash so much! :D

I don't know. Star Wars had about that many runners and it was sold out in about 15 minutes, so yes, I think it is possible for it to go that fast.

Aaaand I'm not there. PERFECT. I am so upset with active right now. And frankly rundisney too for not having someone on the phone. I did everything right at 11:59 when I refreshed and saw the link and active screwed this up for me.

Is a charge pending on your account? If so, you definitely have a case for them to put you in.

I don't know. Star Wars had about that many runners and it was sold out in about 15 minutes, so yes, I think it is possible for it to go that fast.

Interesting. I was just looking at that thread for comparison. The Rebel Challenge sold out in 26 minutes (not surprising, people love the Challenges) ... but it looks like the 1/2 itself lasted two hours? Who knows.

I know we'll be ready 15 minutes before the link goes active, so I'm not super worried about getting in! :)

Is a charge pending on your account? If so, you definitely have a case for them to put you in.

Unfortunately, no. At least not as of yet. And even when I call and choose an option other than "registration" when calling rundisney, it made me wait awhile, and only THEN told me to try my call again later and hung up on me.

All I can think is it sold out right when I hit submit on my credit card info. But even then, I restarted registration when it did that and I still was able to get in. That is when it told me I was already registered, which is when I stopped and called them. I'm not sure how I can simultaneously be registered and not registered...

Unfortunately, no. At least not as of yet. And even when I call and choose an option other than "registration" when calling rundisney, it made me wait awhile, and only THEN told me to try my call again later and hung up on me.

All I can think is it sold out right when I hit submit on my credit card info. But even then, I restarted registration when it did that and I still was able to get in. That is when it told me I was already registered, which is when I stopped and called them. I'm not sure how I can simultaneously be registered and not registered...

I have to think that you are in there somewhere. It's the only thing that makes sense with the message you got saying you were already registered. Maybe wait a day or so once the fever over the registration today dies down and before general starts and maybe you can get someone on the phone. So sorry you are having to fight this. :(

Interesting. I was just looking at that thread for comparison. The Rebel Challenge sold out in 26 minutes (not surprising, people love the Challenges) ... but it looks like the 1/2 itself lasted two hours? Who knows.

I know we'll be ready 15 minutes before the link goes active, so I'm not super worried about getting in! :)

Yep, you are right--just saw that thread, too.

I guess I was thinking of that time frame because it was the Rebel Challenge that DH was registering for and I knew it went really quick. We tried Early Registration for that one and it was sold out in less than 7 minutes--I hit the registration/pay button during early at 7 minutes after the hour and it was full--and that was all events, not just the Challenge. So this one went a little longer than SW did, at least in early registration. I would think the demand for this would be less than the Inaugural SW, but who knows. DH is only doing this one for the Coast-to-Coast since he did SW, so it isn't one he would typically sign up for. He likes the TOT better, but even if that one were happening this year, wouldn't count for his C2C, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter