Window Decals TOO light...please HELP!!

sher92

Mouseketeer
Can someone please help me and give me some advice as to what to do??? We are leaving on Thursday and I'm finalizing and printing all of my window decals and they seem to be loo light to even see in the windows!! I "tested" them and put them on my french doors in my house, and I can hardly even see them. So now, I'm really worried that you won't be able to see them if I put them on our window at the All Star Music when we arrive!!

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a way to fix it and make them darker?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!

If you put a white piece of paper behind it - does it look any better? If the white helps - than you could paint the side not stuck to the window and the white will show white instead of clear.

When I did ours - I used a white vinyl spray from Home Depot and it worked perfectly.

If the ink itself is just really light - maybe you could try printing on "best" quality and see if that makes a difference. If not, I am out of guesses. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

If you put a white piece of paper behind it - does it look any better? If the white helps - than you could paint the side not stuck to the window and the white will show white instead of clear.

When I did ours - I used a white vinyl spray from Home Depot and it worked perfectly.

If the ink itself is just really light - maybe you could try printing on "best" quality and see if that makes a difference. If not, I am out of guesses. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

I did put a white piece of paper behind it and it's so much better now! You can actually see the design! So now, my question is this...when you used the white vinyl spray from Home Depot, how did you apply it to the back side of the image? Did you just spray the opposite side of the image?

Thanks so much...I think this will save my images!

I did put a white piece of paper behind it and it's so much better now! You can actually see the design! So now, my question is this...when you used the white vinyl spray from Home Depot, how did you apply it to the back side of the image? Did you just spray the opposite side of the image?

Thanks so much...I think this will save my images!

Yes, you just spray the entire side of the image. It will look like just a white sheet but when put on the window, all white areas will then show white. I think the brand was Rustoleum.

Thank you sooo much! I appreciate it! I'll head out today or tomorrow and give it a shot!

Also I think I ended up doing two coats. Spray - dry - then spray again!

what do you use to make the window clings, like what kind of paper or whatever? thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter