wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

Ashton is just PRECIOUS in his bathing suit, hat, and sunglasses!!! :goodvibes Looks like he really enjoyed the kiddie area!! Sorry to hear about the issues with your parents. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on your trip!

We woke up early Sunday morning with visions of seeing the rope drop show for the very first time. Today was predicted to be the crowded day at MK but I decided I wanted to visit MK as my first park!
Did we make it?!?

yes, we had to wait for two busses from the POP in order to get there but we made it with plenty of time to have our bags checked and see the train pull in!

Here is Ashton not quite sure why he is up so early...normally he would just be waking up...I had planned to eat breakfast in the park from the bakery so he was ready!
disneyI060.jpg

disneyI061.jpg

Dayne and Luke did not join us, yet! they had stayed up late the night before...they had stayed out at DTD late and wanted to sleep in.
Here is the show!
disneyI064.jpg

disneyI070.jpg

disneyI079.jpg

and this is the crowd we followed in!
disneyI080.jpg

Now, while we were watching the show my parents went in to rent the ECV...they did not wait for us in the front of the park. They decided to wait by the castle...
so, when did we meet up after we met a few of Ashton's friends!
disneyI082.jpg

disneyI083.jpg

disneyI085.jpg

disneyI094.jpg

who would we meet next?!?

Ashton loved these windows! they are GREAT!
disneyI097.jpg

He could not wait to tell these guys about his pin!
disneyI099.jpg

disneyI100.jpg

disneyI102.jpg

These guys were great!
I'm not sure what was going on here but I think he was going to hug Dale again!
disneyI112.jpg

disneyI116.jpg

I love his expression! The magic is in his eyes! (this is what makes it all!)
disneyI116-1-1.jpg

Daisy and Pinocchio were there also but their lines had really built up so we decided it was time to head for my parents and breakfast...
than we see this...
disneyI121-1.jpg

disneyI120.jpg

next we find mom and dad!
disneyI123.jpg

On our way up main street we stopped to read the offerings at the bakery but my parents and Gwendolyn & Joe did not want that ....so, we waited...Ashton had a snack and a chocolate milk and did just fine till lunch...
so, where would we start?!?

I love the photos- especially the one with Chip & Dale. Ashton looks so happy!

The photos with Chip & Dale are adorable (and they are two of my favorites...they are such fun). I love being there for the train pulling in and the opening.

First of all, I totally forgot to tell "Donald" thanks for Hunter's postcard. It was a great mail day that day.:thumbsup2

Okay, now on to the trip report. Glad to see that you guys made it to the opening ceremonies. We are rarely there to see it. I guess we just don't get in a hurry 'cause we know we have two days to see the Magic Kingdom.

The pictures of Ashton with the characters are adorable. He looks so happy to be there.

Loving the first update with Ashton meeting the characters. We are Chip and Dale lovers because of Emily so I love to see them. We never made a rope drop last trip, it's on my to do list for this trip though. I'd like to at least see one!!!

I'm wondering how long you're gonna leave us hanging for :rotfl: Just kidding, you're doing a great job!!:goodvibes

Love the pictures at the pool -- too cute (but it looks like that water is cold!).

I can tell from Ashton's face that the water was cold.

Sorry to hear that your parents aren't lovin' the Disney food.
I finally found something he would eat!:cutie:

The photos are so cute of Ashton! He looks like he is having a blast- but it does look like the water is cold from the expression on his face in one of the photos. :)
I didn't have a clue that they sold those lightsabers at WalMart. :confused3

The kiddie pool was cold from the water gushers...but, he would not stop--we had to drag him away!!:rotfl2: with blue lips...the pool had reopened and Danny said I bet the water is warm in there!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Great start Connie!!! I was so bummed we never ran into eachother, I never once saw a single Dis member!!! Ashton is so adorable and you can just see all that excitement he had when you got into your rooms!!! SUPER awesome you got the bed requests you wanted too!!!! Our pool at FQ was REALLY cold too!! Looking forward to much more!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes
Beth
Hey! Beth I never ran into a disser either...at least not that I know of...
I had taken my lime green mickey head off of my bag right before we left and thought I had put it in the bag...but, could never find it once I got to Disney:confused3

Yay!!! Can't wait to read about your trip. I'm hoping you had as much fun as we did!!!
Hey! Chris we had a great time! I'm happy to hear that you guys had a great time too! can't wait to hear about your travels...be sure to let us know when you start!

Ashton is just PRECIOUS in his bathing suit, hat, and sunglasses!!! :goodvibes Looks like he really enjoyed the kiddie area!! Sorry to hear about the issues with your parents. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on your trip!

Thanks! he was happy to swim and play in the splash area!
Danny said that if we are unable to enjoy the beaches this year we are still going to book a few days for Ashton to enjoy the pool (now, we have our own pool but not the same, I guess!)

I was expecting problems with my mom and the ECV and my dad w/saracastic comments...but, the food was a new one to me!:rolleyes1
Once, I figured out what dad would like I was able to suggest things to him...mom on the other hand, is just mom!;)

I love the photos- especially the one with Chip & Dale. Ashton looks so happy!
He loves all the characters! it was so fun to see his eyes light up with all the characters!
The photos with Chip & Dale are adorable (and they are two of my favorites...they are such fun). I love being there for the train pulling in and the opening.
We missed Chip & Dale last year due to the line...so, I had told Gwendolyn we could skip the other two but we had to see Chip and Dale!
First of all, I totally forgot to tell "Donald" thanks for Hunter's postcard. It was a great mail day that day.:thumbsup2

Okay, now on to the trip report. Glad to see that you guys made it to the opening ceremonies. We are rarely there to see it. I guess we just don't get in a hurry 'cause we know we have two days to see the Magic Kingdom.

The pictures of Ashton with the characters are adorable. He looks so happy to be there.
I was thinking about Hunter and his mail last night ;)
we enjoyed the RD! we rarely make it to opening I get up early enough but we normally stop for breakfast on the way out!

Loving the first update with Ashton meeting the characters. We are Chip and Dale lovers because of Emily so I love to see them. We never made a rope drop last trip, it's on my to do list for this trip though. I'd like to at least see one!!!

I'm wondering how long you're gonna leave us hanging for :rotfl: Just kidding, you're doing a great job!!:goodvibes

Last year I did my TR really really quick and than felt lost...and felt like I had left alot out...so, I'm going to take my time and do it in stages of each day...so, hang in there:rotfl2:

Gwendolyn said they enjoyed the Epcot show better...we never made it to that one I thought we missed it...I didn't realize it was further into the park.:confused3 we had the resort early enough for it...I was just expecting it to be in the front of the park like MK's!

I would like to take a moment to remember a beautiful lady I met here on the Dis!

Ginny (aaaateamsgrandma) we met here last year after my return from WDW (we were there at the same time--we were even sitting in the stands together in a major rain and lighting storm for Fantasmic).

She became a wonderful friend to many! We could talk with her about ANYTHING! we talked on the phone reguarly! I remember for my birthday she surprised me with a phone call and I had not even realized I had listed my phone number (on FB). We had talked so often about meeting one another that I just felt like it was a given and would happen with in the next year.

Right after Christmas she was diagnosed w/ lukemia; this was to be an easy fight for her...two years before she beat a rare form of thyroid cancer.

I am sad to say that last night she lost her battle.

I know that she is no longer in pain and sitting w/the Lord looking down w/the great big smile that she always shared. (Even without seeing her face you could hear it in her voice and words)...

she lived for her two girls and her grandchildren! and quickly adopted many of our children...

I would like to dedicate this trip report in her memory:littleangel:...the last thing we shared was a comment she left on FB about how happy Ashton appeared and how she had liked his new haircut!:lovestruc (I had posted a few pictures while we were in WDW)
she enjoyed traveling with each of us and sharing in our everday lives!:flower3:

WOW! What a great start to your MK day! You saw so many characters and you just walked in the park!! pluto:

In all of my trips, I have never seen a rope drop show. That is one of my goals for this next trip! Hopefully, we can drag our booties out of bed early enough!!:rotfl:

I see Ashton is in the ECV with your Mom, didn't you say something in your PTR about how that was NOT going to happen!!;) Lol!!

I would like to take a moment to remember a beautiful lady I met here on the Dis!

Ginny (aaaateamsgrandma) we met here last year after my return from WDW (we were there at the same time--we were even sitting in the stands together in a major rain and lighting storm for Fantasmic).

She became a wonderful friend to many! We could talk with her about ANYTHING! we talked on the phone reguarly! I remember for my birthday she surprised me with a phone call and I had not even realized I had listed my phone number (on FB). We had talked so often about meeting one another that I just felt like it was a given and would happen with in the next year.

Right after Christmas she was diagnosed w/ lukemia; this was to be an easy fight for her...two years before she beat a rare form of thyroid cancer.

I know that she is no longer in pain and sitting w/the Lord looking down w/the great big smile that she always shared. (Even without seeing her face you could hear it in her voice and words)...

she lived for her two girls and her grandchildren! and quickly adopted many of our children...

I would like to dedicate this trip report in her memory:littleangel:...the last thing we shared was a comment she left on FB about how happy Ashton appeared and how she had liked his new haircut!:lovestruc (I had posted a few pictures while we were in WDW)
she enjoyed traveling with each of us and sharing in our everday lives!:flower3:

Connie, you wrote a most beautiful tribute to our DIS Sister, Ginny. All I can add is a :hug: She will be truly missed.

WOW! What a great start to your MK day! You saw so many characters and you just walked in the park!! pluto:

In all of my trips, I have never seen a rope drop show. That is one of my goals for this next trip! Hopefully, we can drag our booties out of bed early enough!!:rotfl:

I see Ashton is in the ECV with your Mom, didn't you say something in your PTR about how that was NOT going to happen!!;) Lol!!
If you plan to attend a park w/o a EMH in the morning the RD show is usually around 9; so, that isn't too bad...the one we missed at Epcot was late like that.

Each time she would turn the key off; I would Ashton sit with her if we were just sitting and waiting. Only once did she try to ride him!!!! she got it from Dad, Danny, and myself...poor Ashton just could not understand afterwards what happened! what do you do? :confused3

It was my poor Dad; around the third day in the parks he was teasing her that he wanted a turn :rotfl: and that they needed an extra seat on it for him to take a break...I told him "why so people like mom would want to ride someone on it" :rotfl2:

That was beautful Connie
Ginny will be missed greatly. I always loved to talk to her, she always had something to tell me:-)
She is certainly in a better place now:littleangel:

What a great tribute. So sorry to hear about Ginny. It is so amazing though how everyone can make such great friends on the DIS. :hug:

Oh--I just LOVE the opening show!! Glad you got to see it!! What cute pics with Pluto & Chip and Dale!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Ginny! :hug: I did not know her but she sounds like such a wonderful person. Leukemia is awful--I've had an aunt and an uncle die from leukemia--both at very young ages.

wow! You started your TR already! Glad i found the link! alrighty, going back to catch up! Can't wait to read all about it!

I have been so sad about Ginny. She really was a very special lady. I'm happy that she isn't in pain and that she is with God.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter