Votes: 51 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are incorrect. 100% sure the NTSB DID NOT blame my nephew anywhere in the report. Are you telling me I'm being immature because I'm adding emotion to something that has affected my family? If so just stop now.
What exactly are you talking about?

Your nephew flew one of the two crashed MAX planes and you have seen a published report already?

What exactly are you talking about?

Your nephew flew one of the two crashed MAX planes and you have seen a published report already?

No. You said it is always the pilots fault. My nephew was the pilot of another plane that crashed. It was not his fault. When you make generalized statements like you have been, you are being hurtful and offensive to anyone who has lost someone in a plane crash - especially to those who are related to the pilot.

Taking what others have said and adding words and emotion that was not present is wrong and an immature way to discuss a topic.

It is effective though because people are much more easily swayed by emotion then fact. They are much more likely to agree with an emotional argument that aligns with what they already believe then to accept facts that contradict what they believe.

Here are some facts for you

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/7205...ensor-problem-before-plane-crash-in-indonesia

Planes have issues that require updates all the time. Boeing engineers had a plan to address an issue they found.

Here are some more facts.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...llow-procedure-different-investigators-2019-4

The CEO is not going to make such a public statement unless it is based on truth. The proper steps necessary to take control of the plane were not followed. They were followed the day prior in the exact same plane preventing a crash.

Why did the pilots of the flight the day prior not report the issue on landing? Why didn’t the airline mechanics take the plane out of service to fix the sensor?

As I said, a whole series of mistakes caused this tragedy.

There was another air tragedy in Russia just days ago. The initial reports point towards pilot error. While flying the plane in direct law mode after an electrical failure the pilot landed extremely roughly. Could be because the loss of some electronic gauges made the landing difficult, could be because the reliance on automation made the pilot rusty on how to manually fly a plane.

I stand by my assertion that non US trained pilots have an over abundance of reliance on automation and do not receive a proper style of training with an emphasis on manually flying a plane.

We will see something similar in the future as self driving cars become more popular and people become over reliant on automation.

Edited to add: Yes I would fly a 737 MAX.

You have alluded(Or I have at least read them that way, and if I am wrong I am sorry for reading them that way) in other posts that you think my belief is based on nationalism or racism.

I've never alluded to racism. I don't think that at all. I just think you're a bit naive, and possibly ignorant on this issue. You also strike me as someone who can't admit when they're wrong. I've dealt with plenty of people like that in my life so it's okay, I understand.

I've never alluded to racism. I don't think that at all. I just think you're a bit naive, and possibly ignorant on this issue. You also strike me as someone who can't admit when they're wrong. I've dealt with plenty of people like that in my life so it's okay, I understand.
And you seem equally unable to admit that the pilots and their training played any role whatsoever in the disaster.

We are a matched pair!

And you seem equally unable to admit that the pilots and their training played any role whatsoever in the disaster.

We are a matched pair!

If we are a matched pair, then I've officially entered hell.

And nice try. Your position was that pilot error would be the PRIMARY cause of the accident. You later backtracked and said it would be "A" cause in the final report. I've quoted you enough in this thread so I don't think I need to do it again.

We are a matched pair!

Um no. She has evidence of Boeing's culpability including admissions from Boeing itself. You have But but but.... They might find some time that the pilots did something. And them there foreign pilots stink after having moved your goal posts there because you've been wrong so many times. Not nearly the same thing.

1x1.png

Um no. She has evidence of Boeing's culpability including admissions from Boeing itself. You have But but but.... They might find some time that the pilots did something. And them there foreign pilots stink after having moved your goal posts there because you've been wrong so many times. Not nearly the same thing.

1x1.png
My argument and thoughts on the tragedy have evolved and changed as the story unfolded. That is how it should work. Yet I am being vilified for changing my stance. Amazing!

You're being vilified for your arrogance and inability to admit when you're wrong.

Simple stuff.
What do I need to admit I am wrong about? That I have a different opinion then you as to the cause of the accident?

It is a fact that the NTSB and other investigation boards tend to blame the pilot.

It is a fact that the pilots in question did not fully follow the checklist.

It is a fact that the final results are not out and we are all still discussing our opinions.

Once the final report is issued if the pilots are not cited as a contributing factor I will admit I was wrong.

Until then I will read about the story and as more facts are uncovered my opinion will change.

What do I need to admit I am wrong about? That I have a different opinion then you as to the cause of the accident?

It is a fact that the NTSB and other investigation boards tend to blame the pilot.

It is a fact that the pilots in question did not fully follow the checklist.

It is a fact that the final results are not out and we are all still discussing our opinions.

Once the final report is issued if the pilots are not cited as a contributing factor I will admit I was wrong.

Until then I will read about the story and as more facts are uncovered my opinion will change.

Man, are you really going to go and make me find your quotes again? Aren't you tired of me spanking your behind in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter