Will this be doable?

Keep trying for an earlier ADR, park valet so you don't have to travel far to get back to your car, and if you can't change the ADR just get there early and hope to sit early. It can work out.

There's no way on earth I would have a reservation that close to my flight. Like other posters have said, it would make me so nervous during the meal that I wouldn't enjoy it. I also think you take a big risk at not being able to see all of the characters. While you may be able to eat quickly, the characters take a while to get around to your table. The reason I think timing is to close is you have to account for time to return your rental car and MCO is notorious for taking a long time at security and check-in. I would check every day for a cancellation at CM that would be a better time for you. Wishing that some pixie dust comes your way to help your situation out! pixiedust:

It's on a Monday...would it pay to show up early and plead our case to the CM checking us in? Our original flight was 1:20 later:sad2:

You can try to show up early, but they do have the right to ask you to come back. They routinely do this at CRT. However, if they have room, they may seat you early. We've been seated early several times. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

It's probably doable but I don't think I would cut it that close. Figure breakfast would take an hour or so, 30 minute drive to MCO from the Contemporary, drop off the car rental, go through security, etc would be cutting it a bit close. Plus, like the PP said, security at MCO can be hit or miss. Sometimes you might breeze right through and other times you could have a 30+ minute wait. Are there any earlier ADR's for CM you can get around 10am?

Is it doable? Probably. Would I do it? Never. Worrying about making a flight would have me anxious and unable to enjoy my last meal of the trip. Not the way I'd want to end my vacation!

Thanks all...found a ADR at Cape May for 10:00 so if I can't find a Chef Mickey earlier, we'll settle for the Fab 3 at Cape May...I have been checking daily, sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times;) we'll see

If this has already been stated I apologize. I did not read through the entire thread.

If the airline changed your schedule you do realize that you are entitled to change flights with no change fee? Essentially, they changed the contract they agreed to so you get to bow out with no penalty. They will either refund your fare and cancel your flights or put you on more convenient flights at no charge. The choice is yours (assuming there are more convenient flights.) So you may be able to change your return flight to a later departure which would keep you at WDW a little longer.

I have done this several times. Even with award travel booked with miles.

We just returned and yes, it worked out with room to spare:thumbsup2 I was able to find an ADR at 11, checked our bags at the resort, so we just went straight to Security.

We checked in at Chef Mickey's about 20 min early and were seated just before 11:00. It really didn't feel rushed at all and we ate, saw the Fab Five, ate some more and were on our way by 12:15ish. Got to the airport around 12:50, security took about 40 min so we were at our gate around an hour early. May be we were just lucky, but it seemed smoothpixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter