Will there ever be a M&G for Rey?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I admit, for a place that is all about princesses/female characters, I'm really surprised that they do not have a M&G with Rey? Why isn't there one? Not that my kids wouldn't enjoy meeting Kylo Ren or Chewy, but I know my daughter especially will be very disappointed if there's no Rey to meet. I mean, she's the hero and main character of the movie, so why is she being excluded? It makes no sense. Do you think they might eventually have one?

I would suspect it's because she is a non-cartoon face character so finding people who look enough like her would be challenging. My DD and I were looking through google images of Leia last night for a project. There were cosplay ones in there too. She pointed one out and said she looked really weird (even though it's s pretty good likeness). I suspect they're trying to avoid that. I know they have Indy and Capt Jack but they're doing more than M&G.

Captain Jack in particular is an easy face character because he wears so much makeup. I agree that finding an exact Rey look-alike is a bit of a challenge that could prevent them from doing it. I always feel weird about Luke Skywalker M & G, he never looks right.

That being said, Rey is an AWESOME role model for young girls and I would love to see her in the parks, if they can make it happen.

I would suspect it's because she is a non-cartoon face character so finding people who look enough like her would be challenging. My DD and I were looking through google images of Leia last night for a project. There were cosplay ones in there too. She pointed one out and said she looked really weird (even though it's s pretty good likeness). I suspect they're trying to avoid that. I know they have Indy and Capt Jack but they're doing more than M&G.
They managed to find lookalikes for various non cartoon characters for meet and greets at Star Wars Weekends
So it is not unprecedented
They are always very slow to add characters
Heck, Inside Out characters are just now arriving

I admit, for a place that is all about princesses/female characters, I'm really surprised that they do not have a M&G with Rey? Why isn't there one? Not that my kids wouldn't enjoy meeting Kylo Ren or Chewy, but I know my daughter especially will be very disappointed if there's no Rey to meet. I mean, she's the hero and main character of the movie, so why is she being excluded? It makes no sense. Do you think they might eventually have one?

They'd have to get a really good match (and they need 2-3 of them) for it not to look dumb. Ren appears in the full mask, right? I guess they could have her in the goggle/scarf thing?

I don't see it happening:( Write to Guest Services. They probably don't even think Rey would be a draw. They won't know people are interested if they don't speak up. However, it still doesn't mean they would add her.

@yulilin3 Periscoped the new SW stage show a few minutes ago and no Rey, no Finn in the show.

Disney is only having fully costumed (masked) SW characters in DHS.

*ETA Maul is in the show but with the heavy makeup, a variety of CMs can portray him.

Last edited:
I hope they never do. I'm not a fan of live action character meet and greets. captain Jack is different because of all the facial hair and make up.

Yeah. The thing about SW Weekend meet and greets is you don't have to have the level of redundancy you need for daily schedule meet and greets. You can schedule a handful of people hard over a 3-day period. For extended lifecycle meet and greets, you need a posse for EACH face character.

I mean, consider: They need 3-5 Cinderellas working AT A TIME most days. Sure, a Rey M&G wouldn't have the same level of horror, but a 12-hour park open requires a minimum 2-4 persons to play even a single role unless hours for the M&G are constricted, and then they can't all be scheduled 7 days/week.

I agree that it would be too difficult to cast and too difficult to schedule. I think this is probably the reasons why we are now seeing Baymax without Hiro in EP. It's simply easier to cast and schedule fully costumed characters.

Rey would be an amazing Meet n Greet. If she wore the headgear and scarf across her face, it would make casting easier. I tend to agree that Disney likely has a policy avoiding live action characters as most people know EXACTLY what they should look like.

We've all seen the Cinderellas, Belles, etc that seem to be a little off from what we think they should look like and they're animated characters.

I would love to see a Rey Meet and Greet. Maybe over the Kylo ren one, but they had massive issues with casting enough Anna and Elsa's. Unless they have her with goggles and head wrap, they really can't have it. I do wish for a BB-8 meet and greet. Love getting a picture with C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8. C-3PO could be the translator because he speaks 3 million forms of communication.

I'd be happy if they would just put out a 12 inch Rey doll. DD's Finn has to hang out with a Belle doll that has been restyled with Rey hair and an outfit that DD made herself out of ribbon. Almost every character from the movie comes in a 12 inch doll except Rey. I don't think the merchandise has improved much. We are constantly on the lookout for Rey stuff and have found very little.

Yeah. The thing about SW Weekend meet and greets is you don't have to have the level of redundancy you need for daily schedule meet and greets. You can schedule a handful of people hard over a 3-day period. For extended lifecycle meet and greets, you need a posse for EACH face character.

I mean, consider: They need 3-5 Cinderellas working AT A TIME most days. Sure, a Rey M&G wouldn't have the same level of horror, but a 12-hour park open requires a minimum 2-4 persons to play even a single role unless hours for the M&G are constricted, and then they can't all be scheduled 7 days/week.
one really nice thing about SWW /any meet/greet that uses the same person is - they often remember you. DD was thrilled that Ahsoka and Shaak Ti remembered her from the previous years SWW and each time (oh yes we stood in line multiple times per trip) she saw them this year. Beyond priceless!

It's hard to cast face characters. They have to have a very specific look and I imagine the lines would be long and it would be difficult to schedule.

If you really want to meet Rey, go to a comic book convention. There are some great cosplays out there.

Just a friendly reminder to remain on the topic of Disney characters. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter