Will the newest AP rates beat new code rates?

Tara

Bad Influence
I've been reading that AP rates for the end of the year will come out on 7/28. My question is, will they be any better than the rates available with the newest set of discount codes? For example, we're staying at GF for $199+tax in December. I can't imagine an AP rate lower than that! My hunch is that the discounts will be the same...I know that no one knows for sure, but there seems to be a lot of excitement about AP rates, which confuses me since the new code rates seem to be just as good...

For our January trip, the difference in the code rate and AP rate was only $5 at the Poly and CR, but at AKL, the AP rate was $20 less for savannah view rooms. Since we had to have two rooms, the savings at AKL made it worth buying an AP.

This time around though, I believe the code rates at AKL are lower than they were for January, so the difference probably won't be that much.

Someone else posted recently that they were quoted an AP rate of about $10 less for GF, gv.

I'm hoping we'll be able to save a few more dollars for our November trip to the YC:) !

I have a 8 day trip to CBR booked and will save over $100 (or so I have bene told) so its definitely worth it to me!

AP rates are usually $5 or $10 below the code rates but they sometimes come from a diferent allocation so it's possible to get a code discount room but not an AP discounted room (or vice versa).

I called this am for AP prices at the Poly. The CM was nice enough to give them to me in advance. For the dates 10/2-11/2 the gardenview room will be $184 plus tax. For the dates 11/3-12/3 the price will be only $164 plus tax. For the October dates the gv concierge is $276, tax included in that one. Since I booked the Poly using the code last week for this October, the new AP rate is actually $16 less a night then the new code!:)

I just called to check on A/P rates for the AllStars, ASMo isn't participating, but Sports & Music will be $49 plus tax. I also checked on POFQ and they told me it would be $79 plus tax. These are great rates!!! Hope it helps someone else.:)

I think it may depend.
The DU agent working with me is going to try for the AP rates this weekend for our October ressie.
But this agent also told me a CM priced a reservation for another guest. And the quote for that AP rate was actually higher than the CKO rate (for the Wilderness Cabins).
The DU agent thought that was odd too.

That is the way it actually was for the last AP and code period. Some AP rates were better then the code on some rooms but not all. The codes were better then the AP rates in some rooms like the WL. I got a rate of $159 for the WL using a code for May while the AP rate was $189 for the same room. I think it is different as it depends on how many rooms they need to unload at the time. So expect some resorts to have better deals with the codes and some to have better deals with the AP rates.

I am considering staying in the CR for a few nights. I asked about the upcoming AP Rates and the CM did the math for me and said the Code Rate was cheaper than the upcoming AP Rate. I, too, thought that was interesting, but I know the CM was telling me the truth as per his computer screen. Of course since the AP Rates aren't "officially" released yet, Disney could always change that. In my case, I hope they do. By the way, if I do decide to stay at the CR for a few days, my reservation will go to Dreams Unlimited Travel or DISavers. I gotta help keep this website going!

I'm hoping the AP rate will be lower. We will be at POFQ during Nov/Dec. I thought $85 a night was wonderful but $79 would be even better. I'm hoping that is what it is. I expect an email from my DU agent on Sunday to let me know. It is nice that I don't have to keep checking. And, I, too, want to give my business to DU to help keep the boards going. It is a great service......

We have the $85 rate at POR and are checking in on 12/25 for 6 nights to take advantage of the discount. Does anyone know if the $79 rate will apply on 12/25? I know it's not much of a difference but every little bit helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!