Will online room check in Impact (pro/con) early room availability?

We must be the unlucky ones as far as check in goes. We almost never have a room ready and usually have to wait until 4 PM and I always do online check in.

Have always put in online check in and it has never resulted in getting our room earlier. In fact last trip to AKL - Kidani Village, we waited longer than 4 and every time I went to the desk they said they were waiting for housekeeping to release the room. FInally, at 4:45 I went up again and asked why were still waiting 45 minutes after the listed check in time. This time the staff member went down to the room and found it was ready, Housekeeping hadn't moved it over to ready status. So he had to call housekeeping and ask for it to be released. Finally got the room after 5. I hear stories about people arriving early and going right in to their rooms. Pretty much a fantasy for our family.

Have always put in online check in and it has never resulted in getting our room earlier. In fact last trip to AKL - Kidani Village, we waited longer than 4 and every time I went to the desk they said they were waiting for housekeeping to release the room. FInally, at 4:45 I went up again and asked why were still waiting 45 minutes after the listed check in time. This time the staff member went down to the room and found it was ready, Housekeeping hadn't moved it over to ready status. So he had to call housekeeping and ask for it to be released. Finally got the room after 5. I hear stories about people arriving early and going right in to their rooms. Pretty much a fantasy for our family.
DVC rooms list check in as “after” 4, not “by” 4. We rarely got into our rooms before 4.
Denise

Our stay last year (second week of Sept) at POFQ we arrived around 1pm and our room was not ready, but by the time we got to DS (taking the boat) we got a text saying it was ready. This year we are flying and will arrive at the same resort between noon and 1pm. It's just my husband and I this trip and I booked a garden view room, but maybe we will get lucky and they will have a king available? Guess we can keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

Ok then how did I get a room there before 4pm more than once? I’m just saying it’s possible to get a room earlier than their 4pm check in time. Even at Bay Lake Tower, which is one of my favorite hotels to stay at

Its possible, but not probable. Its important for OP to understand that DVC rooms take longer to turnover, so they shouldn't hold their breath that a room will be ready any earlier than 4ish for them. If one is, consider it a bonus.

Regular hotel rooms (non-DVC) are not always full to capacity like DVC is, and they are faster to clean and turnover. This is why people have more success getting in their room early in those rooms.

Its possible, but not probable. Its important for OP to understand that DVC rooms take longer to turnover, so they shouldn't hold their breath that a room will be ready any earlier than 4ish for them. If one is, consider it a bonus.

Regular hotel rooms (non-DVC) are not always full to capacity like DVC is, and they are faster to clean and turnover. This is why people have more success getting in their room early in those rooms.
I must be lucky then my DVC rooms have been ready before 4pm more often then not. I don't expect them to be ready early, but it's nice when they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter