Will Ohana accommodate bacon requested by picky kids?

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
If my kid is ridiculously picky & wont touch sausage or ham, will Ohana accommodate & serve bacon? Im gonna take it even a step further and ask if they would do turkey bacon in particular lol? 🤦🏻‍♀️

I shouldn't think so since there's nothing with bacon on the menu.

Go to a buffet where there's usually plenty, though not likely turkey bacon anywhere.

from personal experience, I have been to several WDW restaurants and they were able to accommodate our request lot of times even when they would not have said item on the menu (like broccoli, bacon,etc).

I think is worth trying. I am almost positive they will have some bacon (not turkey). They do keep some basic items for people with allergies, food preferences, etc.. They would not publicly advertise otherwise most people would make changes.

They will give you bacon. I’m pretty sure not turkey bacon as they don’t serve that at the restaurants on premises that I’ve seen. Ohana breakfast wasn’t even worth it with bacon, without it, it’s a hard pass for me.

Disclaimer: my kid has autism and severe food aversions/preferences due to sensory hypersensitivity

Picky kids are so hard sometimes. This would have honestly been enough for us to not even book it. I have a kid who loves bacon BUT only Hickory smoked bacon. He HATES Applewood smoked bacon. He can tell the difference and for us, unfortunately, Applewood smoked is becoming more popular at restaurants. He gets legit sad if there either isn't bacon or if the bacon is the wrong kind. Poor kid. Bacon is pretty important. If it wasn't even on the breakfast menu, we'd pass.

They will give you bacon. I’m pretty sure not turkey bacon as they don’t serve that at the restaurants on premises that I’ve seen. Ohana breakfast wasn’t even worth it with bacon, without it, it’s a hard pass for me.
Hey thanks so much!! Can you share why it was a hard pass? On my ADR morning, Disney’s site crashed. I ended up having to go to work and by the time I was able to come back & try making my reservations, everything I was hoping to even have a shot at was long gone! My son loves character meals and I wasnt able to book any. I started used a reservation tracking site to try to find one & O’hana is the only one Ive been able to snag! He adores Lilo & Stitch & music playing & Mickey. I was just hoping for the bacon as a perk cuz I doubt he’ll eat anything, but my husband & I would for their breakfast! Is it not good?

I went in June and there was definitely bacon. I've never seen turkey bacon anywhere in Disney.

And yes, it's a pass for me even with bacon going forward, LOL.

Last edited:
Hey thanks so much!! Can you share why it was a hard pass? On my ADR morning, Disney’s site crashed. I ended up having to go to work and by the time I was able to come back & try making my reservations, everything I was hoping to even have a shot at was long gone! My son loves character meals and I wasnt able to book any. I started used a reservation tracking site to try to find one & O’hana is the only one Ive been able to snag! He adores Lilo & Stitch & music playing & Mickey. I was just hoping for the bacon as a perk cuz I doubt he’ll eat anything, but my husband & I would for their breakfast! Is it not good?

It’s a pretty expensive breakfast that you can get at any quick service. Literally, down at Captain Cooks. Granted the characters weren’t back when we went last, but a quick ukulele song and terrible service (it really is that bad, it’s the universal complaint about the place), don’t justify the money (to me). If the characters are your kids favorite, I can understand how it may be worth it to you and I don’t want to discourage you then. Ohana dinner used to be worth it, haven’t gone since revamp.

It’s a pretty expensive breakfast that you can get at any quick service. Literally, down at Captain Cooks. Granted the characters weren’t back when we went last, but a quick ukulele song and terrible service (it really is that bad, it’s the universal complaint about the place), don’t justify the money (to me). If the characters are your kids favorite, I can understand how it may be worth it to you and I don’t want to discourage you then. Ohana dinner used to be worth it, haven’t gone since revamp.
So we’ve only been to Disneyworld once, last year. We loved it and our son loved it which is why we’re back again so soon! BUT i have to say how shocked I was that I liked practically none of the food we ate on our Disney trip! So disappointing, but we did enjoy our son’s big happy reactions to meeting characters! So I guess Im going into this like Im paying for those moments, and hoping the food is at least decent! What I REALLY want is Space 220 but thats been sooo hard, Ive never been able to grab it no matter how quickly I click the notification. O’hana is the only character meal Ive had luck with.

It's all over the kids menus at breakfast time. I feel like that's ALL they ever offer kids.
GF Cafe has like a billion things on the menu, and I don't even think I saw it there.

I like turkey bacon, so I would have tried it if I saw it somewhere. Where did you have it?

GF Cafe has like a billion things on the menu, and I don't even think I saw it there.

I like turkey bacon, so I would have tried it if I saw it somewhere. Where did you have it?

I didn't have it, but when I used to get my kids kids meals for breakfast, I'd always have to ask them for real bacon. That was in the past, though. Can't vouch for since covid happened.

In my experience, as long as one of the dining locations on-property serves what you're requesting, they'll bring it for you no problem.

I know we had turkey bacon for my son at Disney. I'm 99% sure we got him the Mickey Waffles at Capt Cook's at the Poly but the menu on Disney's site just says "with 2 side choices". Pretty sure the turkey bacon was one of those choices but I don't see where they list them.

Thanks so much everyone for responding!! I have a feeling I will be able to at least get regular bacon from what im reading here! Woohoo! Turkey bacon would be an even better perk 🤣🤣 Makes me laugh they dont have the healthier turkey bacon option, considering I almost never see French fries offered as an option for kids!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter