Will Ohana accommodate bacon requested by picky kids?

Maybe it us 🤷‍♂️ But Bacon at Disney is just not good. I will say years ago it was… We ate at whispering canyon in August and did not ask for more than the 1 piece each of Bacon same for recent past years at every place we had it. We do however like the sausage which I never order at other places. Maybe a thread of Bacon I would love to know good Bacon at Disney.

Maybe it us 🤷‍♂️ But Bacon at Disney is just not good. I will say years ago it was… We ate at whispering canyon in August and did not ask for more than the 1 piece each of Bacon same for recent past years at every place we had it. We do however like the sausage which I never order at other places. Maybe a thread of Bacon I would love to know good Bacon at Disney.
Bacon is Life. 🥓

So we’ve only been to Disneyworld once, last year. We loved it and our son loved it which is why we’re back again so soon! BUT i have to say how shocked I was that I liked practically none of the food we ate on our Disney trip! So disappointing, but we did enjoy our son’s big happy reactions to meeting characters! So I guess Im going into this like Im paying for those moments, and hoping the food is at least decent! What I REALLY want is Space 220 but thats been sooo hard, Ive never been able to grab it no matter how quickly I click the notification. O’hana is the only character meal Ive had luck with.
A bit off topic, but since you mentioned it...just the opinion of one family but DW and I were very underwhelmed by Space 220 in general, and even more so considering the price. She did enjoy her entrée but she paid the upcharge for the lobster dish. While it was good, it was generally believed that even for the experience it wasn't that good. I got the upcharge steak and was definitely of the opinion that that one, in particular, was not worth the price. Out of everyone in our group who ate there (9 of us counting kids) every single steak ordered (I know 3, maybe 4 of us) was overcooked. Strangely, DD3's salmon was on the verge of being undercooked.

Credit where it is due, though, the carrot cake dessert, which I didn't even see on the menu when I looked recently, was probably the best carrot cake any of us had ever tasted so...good with the bad. But, if your general feeling about Disney food is that you are paying for the experience, just keep in mind that, in our opinion at least, that is definitely all you are getting out of Space 220. If we were to go back we would try for the lounge and order ala carte, but we are not in any hurry to go back. So much so that we are going next month with DW's sister, BIL, and our nieces and it is their first time ever and we didn't even consider recommending Space 220, even for the experience, when discussing and planning our dinners.

A bit off topic, but since you mentioned it...just the opinion of one family but DW and I were very underwhelmed by Space 220 in general, and even more so considering the price. She did enjoy her entrée but she paid the upcharge for the lobster dish. While it was good, it was generally believed that even for the experience it wasn't that good. I got the upcharge steak and was definitely of the opinion that that one, in particular, was not worth the price. Out of everyone in our group who ate there (9 of us counting kids) every single steak ordered (I know 3, maybe 4 of us) was overcooked. Strangely, DD3's salmon was on the verge of being undercooked.

Credit where it is due, though, the carrot cake dessert, which I didn't even see on the menu when I looked recently, was probably the best carrot cake any of us had ever tasted so...good with the bad. But, if your general feeling about Disney food is that you are paying for the experience, just keep in mind that, in our opinion at least, that is definitely all you are getting out of Space 220. If we were to go back we would try for the lounge and order ala carte, but we are not in any hurry to go back. So much so that we are going next month with DW's sister, BIL, and our nieces and it is their first time ever and we didn't even consider recommending Space 220, even for the experience, when discussing and planning our dinners.
On Friday night we went to dinner with friends and I struck up a Disney conversation. One of the couples had just returned, and basically offered me almost the exact same opinion that you just did! Makes it tough bc I built it up in my head as my must-have reservation! Out of curiosity, have you been to Garden Grill? My son loves Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers… Ive decided to start watching for that too!

On Friday night we went to dinner with friends and I struck up a Disney conversation. One of the couples had just returned, and basically offered me almost the exact same opinion that you just did! Makes it tough bc I built it up in my head as my must-have reservation! Out of curiosity, have you been to Garden Grill? My son loves Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers… Ive decided to start watching for that too!
I would personally say that if you really want to try it, you absolutely should. I have seen plenty of people give it positive reviews and negative, and lots in the middle like mine is. I wanted to try Le Cellier for the longest time. I like steak, the cheese soup sounded interesting, etc...bottom line, I had my reasons but I read lots of bad reviews and talked myself out of it time after time, especially back when the dining plan was a thing and we didn't want to use 2 credits for it. We tried it on our last trip and really enjoyed it. I would absolutely not do it if on the dining plan and it was 2 credits, but paying out of pocket or if it was dropped back down to 1 dining credit I would definitely go back. I am glad that I can at least say that I tried it and now I don't have that in the back of my mind whenever we plan a trip.

As for your question, no, we have not tried Garden Grill before. At Epcot it is mostly around the WS for us, though we have done Coral Reef a time or two over the years. Hope you get what you're looking for, enjoy!

Last edited:
They gave us bacon at ohanas when we asked. Though this was a few years ago pre Covid. It doesn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter