Will I like Boulder Ridge?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by gayles, Aug 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM.

1. gayles

gayles DIS Veteran

We usually stay Wilderness Lodge/Concierge.. Going Oct. 12-16,2018 .. when I called in May they said they had nothing available (Really hard to believe) or at AKL or Poly . I have a 1 br Villa . boys are 11 & 13 yrs. Any thoughts or Hints. Tyia

2. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I have no idea if you will like BRV. But if your boys don't like sharing a queen sized sleeper sofa, they won't like it. You might enjoy the king sized bed in the master bedroom, though (I do). It won't be anything at all like concierge, but you will have a full sized kitchen to store the snacks and beverages you enjoy.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

We've done WL CL, a CCV 1-bedrooms and a BRV 2-bedroom. I've loved them all, however, I agree with Deb & Bill regarding the bedding situation in a 1-bedroom. You will have a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. My DS10 is ok on the 1-bedroom sleeper sofas, but I don't know if both an 11-year old and 13-year old boy could sleep on there together. Did they share a queen bed in the WL CL room? If so, maybe they would be ok? That certainly wouldn't be my first choice in terms of comfort for a tween and teen. If budget allows, perhaps consider a 2-bedroom instead or a different deluxe resort so you can get more real beds and no pull-outs.

5. gayles

gayles DIS Veteran

Thanks ! I just called told them I’d take Poly,Contemporary , or Wilderness Lodge with Concierge... No Luck . oh well I will be Happy & Make the Best of it. How Lucky am I we’re going to Disney .. lol

6. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

Have you considered looking into another resort? That's a lot of money to spend on a pull-out sofa your children may be uncomfortable on for the duration of your trip. You might like one of the EP resorts. BWI is my DS10's favorite.

7. jarestel

jarestel DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Sounds like you won't.

8. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

You may want to bring a twin air mattress, just in case the boys don't like sharing the queen pull out sofa.

9. MeridaMonkey

MeridaMonkey Earning My Ears

The Gartner Symposium is taking place at WDW over those days. It is a MASSIVE information technology conference with huge attendance, which is why availability is so limited at all of the resorts....just an FYI :)