• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I get there in time?

I'm pretty sure all of this Disney planning is starting to get to me. For a half a second I thought to myself, "I bet everyone telling me I can't make it wants to steal my reservation when I drop it" I totally realize that's crazy and laughed about it once I thought it. But I guess that's what my obsessive planning has gotten me.

We just got back from the World and we had the once in a lifetime fast transportation to BWV's. Our plane LANDED at 1:50 pm and we walked in the lobby at 2:05 pm. That is by far the fastest we ever made it to a Disney resort. But let me add some disclaimers, we were sitting in row 5 of the plane so we were off in like 2 mins, we are all adults so we walk fairly quickly, we only stopped for a 30 second bathroom break, when we got to DME we were waved right on to the bus, as soon as we sat down the bus left, there was no traffic and BWV was the first stop. Talk about everything working out !!

But don't get too jealous, on our way home our flight was delayed almost 3 hours because of weather in PHL. So we sat in the airport from 11:20 am to 4:00 pm. My DS says we were paying for having such a great arrival trip !

No, that's not possible.

I have been very, very fortunate and have always been able to walk right up to ME and get scanned through immediately. Never waited more than 20 minutes from the time of scanning until the bus departed. But OP, I still wouldn't feel comfortable with your original plan. Good idea to try to find a later reservation!!

3:05 or 2:05?
They must have meant 3:05!!! unless they were transported by beams of light! haha!! :rotfl2:
We've had some really good luck times too.... with no waiting at all..... and have made it to the resort in less than an hour from landing.... only to wait in the resort check in line for 30 minutes!! So.... definitely either do online check in or wait till after lunch to check in. :thumbsup2

And DME will have the bags, so no need to dump anything.

Carryon bags.

EVery flight we've taken we've had to take the airport monorail to just get into the same building as DME - and if your seated at or towards the back of the plane I would leave at least 1/2 hr from when plane arrives to getting on the Dme Line alone.

Yep. To get to dme in a tiny amount of time means front of plane, no bathroom or clothes-changing needs (leave from a cold state, fly on cold plane, land in the warmth = a few minutes each in the bathrooms to change), no slowpokes in front of you, magic at the monorail, no confusion at the exit of the monorail, no backup at the escalator/stairs and clear sailing to dme.

I walk briskly yet have never had that sort of clear sailing....

OP, did you even tell us your BOG date? No one is trying to take your adr. :)

LOL! I know! I always want people to have a plan that is realistic and that will lend them the best opportunity to be successful in making it to all their ADR's. I get so nervous when it is BOG...that place is crazy, and no one can say for sure what will occur upon checkin if a party is late. It would never occur to me to try to use the info for my advantage. :-)

I'm pretty sure all of this Disney planning is starting to get to me. For a half a second I thought to myself, "I bet everyone telling me I can't make it wants to steal my reservation when I drop it" I totally realize that's crazy and laughed about it once I thought it. But I guess that's what my obsessive planning has gotten me.
I have a BOG reservation, so have no interest in stealing yours. There is no way you will make it to the back end of MK a little more than 2 hours after landing.

Carryon bags.

Yep. To get to dme in a tiny amount of time means front of plane, no bathroom or clothes-changing needs (leave from a cold state, fly on cold plane, land in the warmth = a few minutes each in the bathrooms to change), no slowpokes in front of you, magic at the monorail, no confusion at the exit of the monorail, no backup at the escalator/stairs and clear sailing to dme.

I walk briskly yet have never had that sort of clear sailing....

Haha. No I completely realize you all are just trying to help me out with good advice. I really don't think anyone is trying to steal my reservation. I rearranged my schedule to get a later date. I didn't want to stress about it.

Once again thanks so much everyone for the advice. It's helped me to get an idea about what time my first fastpass should be for!

Haha. No I completely realize you all are just trying to help me out with good advice. I really don't think anyone is trying to steal my reservation. I rearranged my schedule to get a later date. I didn't want to stress about it.

Once again thanks so much everyone for the advice. It's helped me to get an idea about what time my first fastpass should be for!

not sure when your going, but cancellations happen ALL the time. we made a last minute trip last Thanksgiving weekend (like 10 days prior to Thanksgiving), and got both BOG lunch and dinner. :)

I think you will make it in time, just based off my experience a couple weeks ago.
We flew into MCO - flight was scheduled to land at 9:25 am.... We sat in the middle of the plane. Went to the bathroom before heading to DME. Had to wait in line about 10 minutes before bus arrived, and then waited at least 15-20 minutes before we departed. We were staying at the Contemporary Resort as well. When we arrived at CR, we checked a bag at bell services and then I actually headed into the bathroom to change my clothes - then we got on our way to MK. Walked on the pathway, went through security and went to the ticket window to have an old non-expiring ticket added to my MB. We were at the ticket window about 15 minutes...then took the boat to the GF for lunch. We had a 12:30 ADR at GF cafe, which we were 35 minutes early for..... So, based on my times,
I think you can make it no problem!!

I think you will make it in time, just based off my experience a couple weeks ago.
We flew into MCO - flight was scheduled to land at 9:25 am.... We sat in the middle of the plane. Went to the bathroom before heading to DME. Had to wait in line about 10 minutes before bus arrived, and then waited at least 15-20 minutes before we departed. We were staying at the Contemporary Resort as well. When we arrived at CR, we checked a bag at bell services and then I actually headed into the bathroom to change my clothes - then we got on our way to MK. Walked on the pathway, went through security and went to the ticket window to have an old non-expiring ticket added to my MB. We were at the ticket window about 15 minutes...then took the boat to the GF for lunch. We had a 12:30 ADR at GF cafe, which we were 35 minutes early for..... So, based on my times,

Unfortunately there is no way to know if the OP will have an experience like that, or one like I had where it was 2 1/2 hours from landing to standing at my resort check in desk. I think experiences like the one you posted are the more common, but you never know which you will get.

WOW! 35 minutes to spare? I would have been sick. You were Lucky, I have waited for an hour to check into DME, and there goes your window.

I guess we were lucky. Just thought I'd share with OP, since our flights were/are similar times of the day and DME going to the same resort. Also, walking from CR to MK makes this feasible vs any other resort.

I guess we were lucky. Just thought I'd share with OP, since our flights were/are similar times of the day and the same resort. Also, walking from CR to MK made this feasible versus if it had been any other resort.

Yes, you have control over transportation when you use your own two feet. The problem arises when you have to depend on everything falling into place but that all of those things are out of your own control. We have walked onto DME and then were whisked to the resort, but last december we waited for a good hour. We have been the first resort, and have been the last. WE have never had a room ready text, but have always had to report tot he desk. (I Love That!!!) traffic, flight delays, and if you use resort transportation all add up.

My concern is that if the OP tries to make this ADR, which will be tight on a good day, the stress will set the tone for the rest of the trip.

Yes, you have control over transportation when you use your own two feet. The problem arises when you have to depend on everything falling into place but that all of those things are out of your own control. We have walked onto DME and then were whisked to the resort, but last december we waited for a good hour. We have been the first resort, and have been the last. WE have never had a room ready text, but have always had to report tot he desk. (I Love That!!!) traffic, flight delays, and if you use resort transportation all add up.

My concern is that if the OP tries to make this ADR, which will be tight on a good day, the stress will set the tone for the rest of the trip.

I completely agree with this! We almost exclusively stay at BLT or CR [sometimes I'll book the Grand or YC, but those trips are few and far between] and we've experienced everything from a virtually empty DME area to DME lines that I wished had FP available, from walking right onto a bus to waiting nearly an hour for one, from being the first stop to the last [this seems to be usual for us, though]. The truth is: it's impossible to say what the experience will be like hour from hour, never mind day to day, and one cannot rely on another's experience.

I completely agree with this! We almost exclusively stay at BLT or CR [sometimes I'll book the Grand or YC, but those trips are few and far between] and we've experienced everything from a virtually empty DME area to DME lines that I wished had FP available, from walking right onto a bus to waiting nearly an hour for one, from being the first stop to the last [this seems to be usual for us, though]. The truth is: it's impossible to say what the experience will be like hour from hour, never mind day to day, and one cannot rely on another's experience.

Last year, when my son and DDIL were thinking of joining us on our trip, I had booked BC. WE made an ADR at SCI FI about 3 hours after arrival. This was a major concern for me because I always allow at least 5 hours, you just dont know what you will encounter. This one was the first to go when they decided that they could not make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter