Will DCL go bankrupt?

Is Costco.ca a canadian travel agency?

Costco.ca is registered with TICO. Otherwise, they wouldn't be allowed to legally sell any vacation packages in Ontario. And even though TICO is primarily for Ontario travel agencies including online TAs (QC and BC have their own insurance program), if you bought a cruise or trip with a TICO-registered TA, you can do a claim if your TA, cruise line or tour operator declares bankruptcy, whether you live in ON or not. Link below is where I learned all that because I've also been curious about what is TICO exactly, and how it protects travellers.

https://goingawesomeplaces.com/why-you-should-care-about-tico-when-you-travel/

I will add, that even if a cruise line goes bankrupt, it can choose which debts to discharge. No cruise line that expects to come our of bankruptcy and be profitable again would consider wiping customer's credits off its books. Otherwise, nobody would feel comfortable cruising with them again and it would ensure the death of the line. Any line that survives will honor credits, and Disney is the most likely to survive for many reasons.
Disney is also more than a cruise company. Even if Disney decided to dock their boats permanently, the impact of not reimbursing cruise customers would seriously damage their brand. It would devastate their park and resort operations, hurt merchandise sale and impact their entertainment properties.

I'm not saying it'll NEVER happen, but if Disney ever went belly up, they would be following many other companies down the tubes.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter