wilderness cabins when built?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi:

The wilderness cabins were they built new from beginning, or did they take the older house trailers that were there and refurb them inside and outside to look like a cabin. If they are newly built how old are they?

Thanks,

Deb.

Someome can correct me if I am wrong here...The original "trailer" style accomodations were completely redone into the Wilderness Cabins in 1997 (I know that the date is right, just not sure if it was a face lift on the originals or totally new cabins coming in).

The '97 rennovations were probably a facelift. I stayed in the cabins in 1986 when they were either brand new or fairly new. So it makes sense that they would be rennovated 10 years later.

The old Wilderness Homes were completely replaced with the Wilderness Cabins a few years ago. The old ones were hauled away. The new ones are much nicer!! :cheer2:

This is at least the third design for the cabins.

The first time we stayed in one was 1983. The layout was actually similar to the current one with the kitchen sort of in the middle and the living area to one end.

In 1986, we had our second stay. The kitchen was at one end with a sink looking out an end window. The eating area was a continuation of the countertop. The sleeper bed folded out of the wall that was shared with the bathroom.

The decor has certainly changed though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter