WILDERNESS CABINS INFO?

DrDeb

Mouseketeer
haven't stayed her for awhile...going with my three adult daughters and looking for a more restful WDW experience...any info about preferred locations and savvy tips would be most appreciated.

We stayed in look 2500 and we liked it because we were so close to the quiet pool. We ordered groceries and did some meals at the cabins. I enjoyed sitting on the deck and eating. It was very relaxing.

We stayed in look 2500 and we liked it because we were so close to the quiet pool. We ordered groceries and did some meals at the cabins. I enjoyed sitting on the deck and eating. It was very relaxing.
thanks so much!!!

haven't stayed her for awhile...going with my three adult daughters and looking for a more restful WDW experience...any info about preferred locations and savvy tips would be most appreciated.

Depends on what you "prefer", DrDeb.

Some folks prefer a quiet spot with least noise: back of 2700.

Some folks prefer near the quiet pool: front of 2500.

Some folks prefer near friends in camp sites: front of 2200.

Some folks prefer near Outpost Depot for busses to non-MK parks: front of 2800.

Look at the map in our sticky FW Info thread at the top and note the bus stops if being close to transportation is important to you. Also there is a charcoal grill at the cabin if you want to cook out. Trails End has a take-out menu if you want to get some things to bring back to the cabin.

Bama Ed

3 adults in the cabin? While they claim to be able to hold 6 people, I really have my doubts now that they removed the murphy beds. The sofa beds are as hard as a rock and full-size. The bed in the bedroom is a queen, but someone would have to sleep against the wall. If you're over 5'6", you can forget about the bunk beds too.

Needless to say, after a week long trip trying to sleep on that sofa bed, even with the extra padding we asked for, we will no longer be staying at our number 1 favorite resort on property.

FWIW - the 2500 loop was always our favorite and we've stayed there many, many times for all the reasons posted above. It's a smaller loop and is often sold out. We couldn't get it for a few of our shorter trips and were placed in the 2700 loop instead.

3 adults in the cabin? While they claim to be able to hold 6 people, I really have my doubts now that they removed the murphy beds. The sofa beds are as hard as a rock and full-size. The bed in the bedroom is a queen, but someone would have to sleep against the wall. If you're over 5'6", you can forget about the bunk beds too.

Needless to say, after a week long trip trying to sleep on that sofa bed, even with the extra padding we asked for, we will no longer be staying at our number 1 favorite resort on property.

FWIW - the 2500 loop was always our favorite and we've stayed there many, many times for all the reasons posted above. It's a smaller loop and is often sold out. We couldn't get it for a few of our shorter trips and were placed in the 2700 loop instead.

I second the comments above. The murphy bed was very comfortable but the sofa bed is HORRIBLE! In addition to being hard there's a bar across the middle of the bed. I'm 5'7" and resorted to sleeping on one of the bunks. Really did not fit well. Wall side of the queen ok so long as you don't have to get up in the middle of the night!

I will ask for padding as I get the sofa...adult daughters get the room :worship: also part of the reason we are staying here I love all your input!

I'm the odd one out here, but I actually prefer the new sofa bed to the Murphy bed. The mattresses are better than most sofa beds you find in hotels, but I could see where if you are a back sleeper especially the bar might be uncomfortable. We "made" my mom sleep on a bunk bed one year and she threatened me ... said she was too old for her feet to hang off the bed at night. :confused3 Overall it continues to be one of the best options for a family of 5-6 at WDW.

Personally, we always rent a golf cart (but we are there at Christmas and want to see the lights), it makes getting around a lot quicker and easier for us. Trail's End has a great breakfast (and other meals too ... but I think their breakfast is one of the best). Even though I love their breakfast we usually keep some milk and quick snack things for breakfast in the cabin. That way we can get up early, have a little something, hit the parks and then if our ADR is at 10:00 / 10:30 no one is starving or too full to eat after a big breakfast. The full sized refrigerator is another plus of staying there. I have had groceries delivered, but the last few times we have had a rental car so we have just gone to Wal-Mart when we get into town and stocked up for a lot less $$.

With the padding, the sofa bed is barely passable - and that was with 2 pads. The other issue is having to make your bed every night and unmake it every morning. Well, I'm sure housekeeping would do it, but that leaves no where to sit unless you sit at the table. With the murphy bed, you just popped it back into the wall and your room was back to normal.

I'm so disappointed that we will no longer be staying there that we're considering renting an RV, though I don't think it will be as nice as having our very own little cabin in the middle of Disney World. They've lost 3-5 trips a year from us because of it.

FWIW - We ran into this sofa bed in one of the DVCs and had the same issue. Disney must have gotten a real bargain on them since that's all they have now :( :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter