wicket2005 - Day 11 - 26th July 2005

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Wicket2005 – Day 11 – 26th July 2005

Islands of Adventure, Belz, Universal Studios

Me, DH, DS16 and DS14

Everyone was feeling a bit jaded with Ponderosa so we thought we would be a bit adventurous and try the Golden Corral. Personally I didn’t reckon much to it. I had some fruit and toast, hubbie had all manner of concoctions including breakfast pizza, DS16 fruit and tuna salad, DS14 toast and scrambled eggs. I was a bit cheesed off because I love oats, this place had them but they were coated with a runny layer of grease which put me off.

Today’s park was Islands of Adventure. DH kindly gave me a load of change to give in for the parking fee which was met with some sarcastic comments from the attendant and the other person waiting in the car on the other side of the pay booth. Breaking the piggy bank, money is money isn’t it? Still hubbie can hand the change in next time!

First ride was The Hulk, then Spiderman both walk on rides. Next Dr Doom, I had chickened out of it last time but was determined to do it AND I loved it. I did screech a bit when my bottom left the seat at the top but what a view up there.

A soaking two rides on Popeye Bilge Boat Rapids followed, DS16 being the chosen one to get thoroughly soaked on the first ride. We just stayed seated after the first ride for the second one. It really pays to get to the parks early during peak season.

As we were all wet we went on Ripsaw Falls. I sat on the front which was fine till the drop when my neck was retched backwards. DS14 was shocked at how far my neck went back (so was I, fortunately, didn’t suffer from any problems). I cannot have been sitting right or so my DS16 told me. I said I hadn’t sat any differently to any of the other drops I had been on. Anyway second time on I made sure I didn’t sit near the front, neither did DS14.

We spent a little while squirting people after they had done the drop on Ripsaw, on the bridge. There is something really funny about squirting people with water when they don’t expect it.

Still wet we went on Jurassic Park, 3 times in a row followed by 2 rides on the trot on Duelling Dragons. Before we went on Duelling Dragons I went and got DS14 a pizza for lunch. I walked with it from Jurassic Park to Duelling Dragons and it was amazing how many people looked at it. I could have sold it several times over. Me and DS14 were counting how many people looked at it out of the corner of their eyes. Leaving DH and DS14, me and DS16 went on Duelling Dragons. DS16 had very kindly taken up the task of forever checking his harness was ok everytime we went up the ramp before the big drop. Vigorously shaking the thing. Making me a touch nervous that he was about to be flung out! My Physics expert then kindly tells me he sat me on the outside because he knows I will be flung about more.

Time for lunch and for me the best meal I had in my two weeks out there. I had a fantastic chicken salad from the Thunder Falls restaurant. I am going back there next time we go. DS16 and DH had a tortilla dish. Whilst DH and DS14 had an enormous chocolate cake each as well.

DH legged it from our table when he spotted a huge dragonfly on the window. I thought it looked nice and took a photo. DH was not impressed that we all didn’t follow him to another table. The dragonfly was harmless and I couldn’t understand the fuss.

After lunch we had another go on Popeye, DS16 was sitting in the totally wet seat again and got soaked. DS14 was on the boat trying to squirt us but fortunately missed, not that it makes much difference on this ride you are guaranteed to get soaked.

Another blast on Duelling Dragons followed for me and DS16. I love seeing the near misses but I think you have to be sat further back in the rows to catch the misses properly.

By now it was red hot, we headed back to the splash zone near the Jurassic Park ride. The kids went off and got drenched again to cool down. It was so hot.

We headed out of the park and up to Belz. I like the Disney/Universal stores there for presents and mementos. On the way back to Universal we stopped off at a Subway for tea. For the first time we were asked for ID, fortunately, the assistant accepted the fact that we were both carrying the same credit card and allowed us to pay. We stopped carrying our passports because we didn’t fancy a journey down to Miami to get a replacement if we lost one. Next year we are definitely getting photo licences.

Back on Universal property we headed to Universal this time. First stop was Men in Black. There was a 45 minute wait so DS16 decided to just hit the single rider line, DS14 didn’t fancy going on and DH had went to the little boy’s room so I stayed with DS14.

We sat on the grass outside MiB, DS14 found a broken bracelet which he said he was going to fix up for me, awhh, then changes his mind and said he would sell it on Ebay instead. Oh well.

DS16 was quickly back, the single rider line worked a treat so we all decide to have a go. Me and DS14 ended up on the same car and DS14 gets a top score of 436,100 which he cannot wait to tell DS16. The man sitting next to him said ‘you whipped my ****’ in a Spanish accent. I don’t think he let on about the bonus points you can get when you see the Big Bug.

After this exciting ride we visited our old friends Shrek and company. DH and DS16 decided to have a go on The Mummy going down the single rider line, DS14 didn’t fancy it so I kept him company. Whilst we were waiting we watched Universal’s fireworks, whilst not a patch on the Magic Kingdom’s I did enjoy listening to all the movie themes.

Well that about wrap’s it for today, tomorrow Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and MGM.

Bev, you definitely covered plenty of rides :)
I'd like to see the photo of the beastie that DH legged from :teeth:

Woohoo, day 11 at long last. Sounds like a great day - you certainly achieved a lot in one day. I'm really impressed that you did Dr Doom - Tower of Terror is a breeze compared to that ;)

Great report Bev. Looking forward to Day 12 (but I won't hold my breath :rotfl: )

Thanks Joh. ToT is probably a breeze now after all the coasters at IoA and SW, I just don't have fond memories of it at all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter