Why Mickey is Magic

iluvtink

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hey y'all,

I've been a lurker for about 3 years now, maybe longer. We are going to be on our second 3/4 Land Sea trip on July 29 this year (cannot WAIT!) Making plans with the other families who are joining us brought back a wonderful memory that for our family sums up the Magic of Disney... I hope I've chosen the right place to share this little story and haven't broken any rules!!!

On our Castaway Cay trip 3 years ago, due to a stupid oversight, my then 8 year old managed to get to the beach with sunscreen only on her face. (DH and I both thought the other finished the job and since she hates the feel of sunscreen, she wasn't about to tell us otherwise!) Needless to say, the burn on the back and shoulders and tummy at the end of the day were not fun. This sweet girl has Sensory Integration Dysfunction and eats very few foods anyway, and at 11:00 p.m., she was in tears, hungry, and only wanted chocolate ice cream. I called front desk to see where we could pick some up, and was told, "We're so sorry, but the only places you can get it are closed." When I responded that my DD was terribly sunburned and miserable, and wasn't there any way to find some, I was told "sorry" again. Then I said, "I know Mickey could find some chocolate ice cream for this poor little girl" and there was a pause... then I was asked if I could hold for a minute. When the girl came back on the line, she asked if we would mind going down to another deck to a back door to pick up some ice cream! My DH went and picked up the hugest bowl of chocolate ice cream ... it was great!

No doubt about it... Mickey = Magic!!!

::MickeyMo :jumping1:

Thanks for making a day that started out pretty yucky, great.
mickey magic keeps me going sometimes.

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing!!! ::yes::

Now, I've got to ask... How in the WORLD can you be a lurker for 3 years, and post so little?? :eek: I love the DIS and am on it most of the day at work. However, I really try not to post alot, since I am at work, but I usually get sucked in... :teeth:

You know, I'm not sure why I haven't posted before... it couldn't be shyness, that's for sure! Before our 2001 trip, I was an avid reader, but I was mainly looking for hints and information. I worked "outside the home" (isn't that a weird phrase?) and just didn't have much time on line. I didn't want to post and then not be on line to respond for a week or two in case someone answered me.

In early 2002 we moved from TN to Ohio and I was a pretty lonely person for a while since all my family is in TN. Deciding to "do Disney" this summer has been a big morale boost (no duh!) and since I am a stay-at-home mom whose kids are in school during the day, I have free time. What better thing to do than the DIS boards? Certainly not dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc. No way! I am hooked and my hubby thinks that I'm nuts!
Yes... nuts about Disney. I'd rather gush about the Magic than just about anything else!

Thanks for asking! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter