Why im NOT going ot pay to play

aengus is right i am sad but i just dont get attached to the internet becuse its just pixels on a screen only thing abou the internet thats priceless is how fast we can spreed news

as i said i am sad but i cant attach my self to pixels and wont give in like i said in my first post

I think a lot of DISers connect in the game and here on the boards. I understand what you say about a connection to pixels, but there are many of us who have gotten past the pixels part. Take a look at the community board where people can talk about their personal problems or issues (amongst other things, of course). You'll get a good sense of how real everyone really is. :hug:

People online dont seem real and havnt for a while every one online seems like the same person to me. and as i said the internet can't replace any thing real.

Well because of VMK I have met the real people. The most wonderful and caring people I know.

These not real people to you.

Sent hats to Ink when he was fighting cancer.

Sign Dlandchicks VMK community post. The organized a special bear that travels all over the place to the homes of other VMKer's and then met to give her this bear.

When I lost the ability to walk it was my friends that I met on VMK that sent cards while I was in hospital. Who have helped me adjust to life. VMK lets think of what I can do not what I have lost.

When one of my VMK friends daugher was in hospital for a month many of us collected items for her and gave special gifts.

So you see it is more than just a game to many. For you it might be as it is for a few.

But to others it is a small community of caring people.

Before VMK I never had disney friends in the States now I have and over in England and Canada.

We send christmas cards and care packages for people that are hurting.

So it is more than a game to me.

Yes the internet can be a means for the real thing.:hug:

it is not too late to connect to us pixels :)

no i wasnt its the same thing as if someone asked are you willing to pay to play? and 40 people said yes and 3 said no

1 i don't want my siblings to get band

2 real meaning people i can see and toutch and hear

There are quite a few people that play VMK that have actually met.

People online dont seem real and havnt for a while every one online seems like the same person to me. and as i said the internet can't replace any thing real.

People online are real. I am a real person on the other end of your computer.
I have real feelings. I have a real life. I have a real job that pays real money.

I've met in person quite a few people that I met online. In fact, I almost married a man I met online.

Everyone on the internet is a real person.

As I said, quite a few people here have met each other. And it's because of VMK. Two people that lived clear across the country from each other met and got married. All because of VMK and the DIS.

:grouphug: I think you guys are being much too harsh on her. She was just stating her opinion, a valid one that MANY of you have stated in the past when it didn't look like the only alternative (not that it is one currently, but you kwim). This is a kid who probably doesn't have Disney loving parents willing to pay for a computer game. I know I told my dd no to Club Penguin bc it cost to play and there are free options elsewhere. If it's a yearly fee that isn't too high, it could be a good request as a birthday gift for younger kids though. Much like Webkinz is right now.

I know when I'm not playing Car, I have no connection to "real ppl". It's bc I know most of my friends list from DIS, have pm you, IM you, or read about your REAL lives that I am connected while playing Caribbean_Gal. And I am most fortunate to have been able to meet a bunch of those West Coasters! A 9th grader really doesn't have that to look forward to. Even if her family goes to WDW or DLR, she's at their mercy for where and when to do things.

Just be nice please and remember there's a real person on the other end of the DIS board computer as well.

No, it's like 40 people saying yes and 3 people shouting: "YOU'RE STUPID!"

and those 40 peple are yelling the same thing back to the three

:grouphug: I think you guys are being much too harsh on her. She was just stating her opinion, a valid one that MANY of you have stated in the past when it didn't look like the only alternative (not that it is one currently, but you kwim). This is a kid who probably doesn't have Disney loving parents willing to pay for a computer game. I know I told my dd no to Club Penguin bc it cost to play and there are free options elsewhere. If it's a yearly fee that isn't too high, it could be a good request as a birthday gift for younger kids though. Much like Webkinz is right now.

I know when I'm not playing Car, I have no connection to "real ppl". It's bc I know most of my friends list from DIS, have pm you, IM you, or read about your REAL lives that I am connected while playing Caribbean_Gal. And I am most fortunate to have been able to meet a bunch of those West Coasters! A 9th grader really doesn't have that to look forward to. Even if her family goes to WDW or DLR, she's at their mercy for where and when to do things.

Just be nice please and remember there's a real person on the other end of the DIS board computer as well.

THANK YOU! you guys are kinda being harsh to me but i guess i am two about the whole real life thing but i dont atach to people often in real world so im even wrose on here XD my parents do love disney so do i but i the oldest of six kids i never gotten to have a say when we have gone so im even more unatached

If you don't want to give in to companies, why did you play the game in the first place? Or, to be more extreme, buy ANYTHING?

to be more spesfic the companys that piss me off XD damn its annoying how i cant say my opinon like i should be able to do freely

to be more spesfic the companys that piss me off XD damn its annoying how i cant say my opinon like i should be able to do freely
The internet is like that, it's too hard to get your tone across.

::yes::

Edit: Sometimes I Wish I didn't make soo many friends on VMK. It feels to painful to say good-bye to them forever.

this may sound crule after many events in real life and online i have lerned to detach my self easly

Oh well, im bound to know that VMK wasn't going to stay open forever anyway. I mean, I would be glad for it to stay open and all.. But I seriously was an addict and I was never doing anything else with my life. So i'm moving on.... to ToonTown! ;)

I believe that teddiesgirl was referring to OutofMyMind and myself (Coriander) as the couple who lived across the country from eachother, met in VMK and got married. Woot, yes we did!

If it were not for VMK this would never have happened. But we are adults, met in Beta testing when rules were a bit more lax.

We are very invested in VMK and are so very sad that it may close (keeping up the fight) We have met a lot of "real people" here both in the game and in "real life" that we will always try to keep in close touch with.

Those who I feel the worst for are the kids who have formed close friends here, when it was not possible for them in "real life" They are the ones being hurt.

I do find it somewhat good for you to realize that computer games are not "real" but VMK is not your casual computer game. It has morphed into a real community.

I am also sad for the staff who were apparently as blindsided as we were by the announcement. They are wandering around not knowing what will happen to their jobs next. Too sad.

Of course you are entitled to your opinions, and you seem to have a healthy feeling that computer games are not "real." Most are not. VMK is just a bit different.

I wish you the best, and hope that you can find somewhere to "connect" with both your family and real life friends. :hug: pixiedust:

Coriander,

I do believe in the statement you said about how VMK morphed into a community from a game.

But, I do feel bad for the Staff more, VMK_ and HOST_ because they are going to be jobless. :sad1:

Coriander,

I do believe in the statement you said about how VMK morphed into a community from a game.

But, I do feel bad for the Staff more, VMK_ and HOST_ because they are going to be jobless. :sad1:

I'm guessing most of them had VMK has a part time job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter