Why Florida but NOT California?

Ok, I emailed DCL to ask about discounts on cruises for people living in CA. Here us the response:

Dear Jodi,

Thank you for your email.

Your thoughtfulness in sharing your observations with ways we can
improve our cruise experience is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I do not know if we will be offering a California
Resident Offer in the future. Please continue to check for any updates
on our website. Special promotions can be viewed online at
www.disneycruise.com, hover over Cruises & Destinations, and click on
Special Offers.

Please be assured that your thoughts will be shared with management.
Input from our Guests is a valuable tool in determining ways we can make
their visits more convenient and enjoyable. This is very important to
us, as we are committed to offering a cruise experience that meets the
Disney standards of excellence and provides the type of magical vacation
our Guests have come to expect.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We hope to sail with you soon!

Sincerely,

Stephanie
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

Regarding CA residents getting a discount on DCL cruises starting in CA, similar to FL residents on FL cruises, my guess would be it is not offered right now because DCL is brand new to the West Coast and there is no need to offer the incentive. The cruises are going to book soooooo fast, as people have been waiting and hoping for West Coast Disney Cruises, that Disney has no need to offer an incentive to book. Give it a little time. I would be willing to bet that some sort of CA discount will surface after DCL is on the west coast for a bit.

- Dreams

I'm sure it does. I was just making a lighthearted comment related to the topic that maybe we get a discount because we have to have some extra patience sometimes. Not all visitors are rude, but the fact is some are. I have actually never in my life seen someone go in reverse down a major highway to get back to an exit they missed though, so I have to say I believe that is unique to a tourist area with lots of out of town visitors.

By the way, let me emphasize lighthearted...it was a joke...I don't know why FL residents get a discount and not CA residents. There is not a FL resident discount being offered on the cruie we just booked anyway, so we didn't get anything either.

When people go on vacation - anywhere! - they should remember to pack their manners, especially patience. They should remember that people live where they are visiting, and quite often those locals are the ones working to give them that special vacation they have saved up and hoped for. It does no one good - not the locals, not the workers, not the other visitors - to be rude on vacation.

If you personally have never gone reverse down the highway, or let your kids push over 2 year olds and laugh about it, or gone shirtless to a grocery store, or done a similarly rude and brainless thing on vacation, then you should not be offended because you are not who I am referring to.

Ok, Im sorry,I thought you were serious,it was a sweeping generilisation towards tourists you made though. but, should take a joke.we have locals ,not just tourists reversing down the motor ways, shirtless, not a chance, too cold here!

There might be CA resident discounts closer to sailing dates. Generally FL resident discounts generally don't become available until closer to sailing dates-usually less than 3 months out from sailing. Hopefully they will honor CA resident discounts is they feel the need to offer to fill the ships closer to sailing dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter