Why Florida but NOT California?

WDW has a monthly payment plan for annual and seasonal passes. However I'm not sure if it's available to everyone or just FL residents.

I believe it is available for monthly payments only for FL residents or so I was told. This is the one I would like to see be annual payments for anyone in FL or CA (north and south).
Breaking news…we just announced during Disney’s annual shareholders meeting that a new premium annual pass for admission to the parks at both Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort will be offered beginning Thursday. It’s called “Disney Premier Passport” and it’ll feature the same benefits you get with the “premium” annual passes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts for $700, plus applicable- sales tax.
So, what’s in it for you? At Walt Disney World:
Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day.
Unlimited admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
Parking at all four Theme Parks
Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication
And at Disneyland Resort:
Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day.
Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot
Subscription to Backstage Pass.
Complimentary subscription to Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (one per household)
If you’re already holding a Premium Annual Pass for both Resorts, you’ll automatically be issued a “Disney Premier Passport” – with an expiration date based on the later of the two annual passes. You may also upgrade your annual or seasonal pass for one resort to a “Disney Premier Passport” for an additional fee.
The Passport will be available for sale at the Disneyland Resort box office and Walt Disney World Guest Relations windows beginning tomorrow. So, sound interesting? Let us know what you think.

I believe it is available for monthly payments only for FL residents or so I was told. This is the one I would like to see be annual payments for anyone in FL or CA (north and south).
Breaking news…we just announced during Disney’s annual shareholders meeting that a new premium annual pass for admission to the parks at both Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort will be offered beginning Thursday. It’s called “Disney Premier Passport” and it’ll feature the same benefits you get with the “premium” annual passes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts for $700, plus applicable- sales tax.
So, what’s in it for you? At Walt Disney World:
Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day.
Unlimited admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
Parking at all four Theme Parks
Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication
And at Disneyland Resort:
Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day.
Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot
Subscription to Backstage Pass.
Complimentary subscription to Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (one per household)
If you’re already holding a Premium Annual Pass for both Resorts, you’ll automatically be issued a “Disney Premier Passport” – with an expiration date based on the later of the two annual passes. You may also upgrade your annual or seasonal pass for one resort to a “Disney Premier Passport” for an additional fee.
The Passport will be available for sale at the Disneyland Resort box office and Walt Disney World Guest Relations windows beginning tomorrow. So, sound interesting? Let us know what you think.

I was reading about that a while back...might be good for the globetrotters lol but we thought it was a bit pricey!! :confused3

I was reading about that a while back...might be good for the globetrotters lol but we thought it was a bit pricey!! :confused3

If you live in CA or FL, I would think this is a good deal, especially if you can divide it into 12 installments. We could use it both at DL and WDW. We keep our Sea World passes for that very reason for all 8 in our family.

Just my thoughts....
computer.gif

I don't understand why Florida residents can get discount rates on some cruises out of Florida but California residents do not get any discounts on the Mexico cruises out of California! Anyone have the answer?

(This is also the case at Disneyland. Only those living in Southern California get park ticket/annual pass discounts. However, all people living in Florida get discounted tickets/annual passes.)

This makes no sense to me! What's up with that????? :confused3

I totally agree. I'm hoping that if they can't fill the ships they will start releasing a discount, but with my luck it will be for S.CA people only. :sad2:

It's not true that people from N. CA can't take a last-minute driving trip to DL -- we just did a few weeks ago and had a great time.:goodvibes

I totally agree. I'm hoping that if they can't fill the ships they will start releasing a discount, but with my luck it will be for S.CA people only. :sad2:

It's not true that people from N. CA can't take a last-minute driving trip to DL -- we just did a few weeks ago and had a great time.:goodvibes

I agree totally!! Also, I have taken GK's on the first flight out from Bay area and come back on the last flight. Nothing like DL for the day!!

There can be some great sales on both Jet Blue and SWA to Southern California. I can get a cheap car from the airport and make a really fun trip for all of us.

I think the deal with southern cali getting the DL perks has to do with relatively easy transport - we can drive to DL without a lot of planning or needing air so we get those cool incentives. :cool1:

I agree with the OP that if they give ALL of Florida the discounted rates for the park and the cruise they should be doing it for ALL of California residents. You can't tell me that all of Florida are within 2 hours of the park to go. I live in NorCal but I fly down there at least once a month, sometimes 2, just to go for a day - in fact I just flew down there yesterday just for the day.

As for the cruise portion, it is just coming to California for the first time to be its home base for the Wonder and I don't think they should be giving the discounts just yet -- I'm sure they didn't give discounts to FL residents when it started in Florida.

I agree with the OP that if they give ALL of Florida the discounted rates for the park and the cruise they should be doing it for ALL of California residents. You can't tell me that all of Florida are within 2 hours of the park to go. I live in NorCal but I fly down there at least once a month, sometimes 2, just to go for a day - in fact I just flew down there yesterday just for the day.

As for the cruise portion, it is just coming to California for the first time to be its home base for the Wonder and I don't think they should be giving the discounts just yet -- I'm sure they didn't give discounts to FL residents when it started in Florida.

Well, part of the reasoning may be that (according to 2009 estimates), FL had a population of 18.5 million people. CA had a population of 36.9 million. Offering to all of CA would be like doubling their "liability" of discounts.

Well, part of the reasoning may be that (according to 2009 estimates), FL had a population of 18.5 million people. CA had a population of 36.9 million. Offering to all of CA would be like doubling their "liability" of discounts.

I still think it would be beneficial to them to allow the park discounts. I went yesterday and still spent $100. I always eat in the park (Carnation Cafe for sure), and I usually buy something while I'm there - last month sweatshirt, shirt, purse...yesterday tote bag, keychains, hat, antenna toppers. So it's usually still about $75-100 a day. So are they really missing out on money from NorCal people? No. I know lots of SoCal people who just go in there to go on a few rides and don't buy anything at all ever.

Yeh, but the whole point of the Fl resident rates is to help fill the ship at the last minute. If they open it up to ALL of California, it would be no more liability than opening it to only PART of California. Either way, they only have so many rooms to sell, and when they are gone, they are gone.

HOWEVER.... if they continue to allow both FL (and CA, if they open it up to them) folks who are ALREADY BOOKED to rebook when the discounted rates come out (with no loss of deposit, etc...), then yes.... there will be some more liability. But honestly, I don't understand why they allow that anyway.

Beating a dead horse... already been covered....

I don't understand why Florida residents can get discount rates on some cruises out of Florida but California residents do not get any discounts on the Mexico cruises out of California! Anyone have the answer?

(This is also the case at Disneyland. Only those living in Southern California get park ticket/annual pass discounts. However, all people living in Florida get discounted tickets/annual passes.)

I'm with you on this topic 100%! I have even written Disney about it regarding Disneyland. I'm sure there are a million reasons why No. Cal residents shouldn't get discounts, but I would still LOVE to have this option. :goodvibes

Yeh, but the whole point of the Fl resident rates is to help fill the ship at the last minute. If they open it up to ALL of California, it would be no more liability than opening it to only PART of California. Either way, they only have so many rooms to sell, and when they are gone, they are gone.

HOWEVER.... if they continue to allow both FL (and CA, if they open it up to them) folks who are ALREADY BOOKED to rebook when the discounted rates come out (with no loss of deposit, etc...), then yes.... there will be some more liability. But honestly, I don't understand why they allow that anyway.

Beating a dead horse... already been covered....
If they didn't allow FL residents to rebook at the discounted rates, then most residents would wait until the last minute to book and DCL would likely see more vacant staterooms and wind up offering even more discounts to fill them.

Have you written to DCL to ask about this? They might be able to help. Sometimes you get more than a canned response.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/

:rotfl2: you are joking..right?

I thought the same thing when I first read it, but the follow-up post was even more appalling. :confused3

Now I just need to get Disney to work on those Colorado resident discounts. :goodvibes

I live in Northern California and we DON"T get anything. We still have to fly (or drive 10 hours). Not that I am complaining! I would drive 10 hours to get a discounted cruise but they have not offered them. I would also drive 10 hours a few times a year to go to DL if we got discounted annual passes. Without any discount, it costs us the same to go all the way to Florida and stay at WDW. So, we go all that way instead.

I totally agree.

Now that's a very good point!! :thumbsup2

It is usually just a numbers game anyway! :cool1:

Oh I'm sure they do, but when I'm at Target and my daughter is getting knocked over by shirtless kids on heelies whose parents seemed to have left their brains at home, or being literally pushed out of a check-out line because a family of 12 all have to stand in line together to buy donuts and milk, or when I'm stuck in traffic on 192 because someone has to stop their car and get out and take a picture of every single palm tree they see, or when you narrowly avoid a major accident because someone missed the Disney exit and is going in reverse on I-4 to get back to it......it's easy to forget about the "perks" of tourism.

I am so glad my hard earned cash has been appreciated.

FYI< that stuff happens evrywhere not just by tourists.

I am so glad my hard earned cash has been appreciated.

FYI< that stuff happens evrywhere not just by tourists.

I'm sure it does. I was just making a lighthearted comment related to the topic that maybe we get a discount because we have to have some extra patience sometimes. Not all visitors are rude, but the fact is some are. I have actually never in my life seen someone go in reverse down a major highway to get back to an exit they missed though, so I have to say I believe that is unique to a tourist area with lots of out of town visitors.

By the way, let me emphasize lighthearted...it was a joke...I don't know why FL residents get a discount and not CA residents. There is not a FL resident discount being offered on the cruie we just booked anyway, so we didn't get anything either.

When people go on vacation - anywhere! - they should remember to pack their manners, especially patience. They should remember that people live where they are visiting, and quite often those locals are the ones working to give them that special vacation they have saved up and hoped for. It does no one good - not the locals, not the workers, not the other visitors - to be rude on vacation.

If you personally have never gone reverse down the highway, or let your kids push over 2 year olds and laugh about it, or gone shirtless to a grocery store, or done a similarly rude and brainless thing on vacation, then you should not be offended because you are not who I am referring to.

I'm sure it does. I was just making a lighthearted comment related to the topic that maybe we get a discount because we have to have some extra patience sometimes. Not all visitors are rude, but the fact is some are. I have actually never in my life seen someone go in reverse down a major highway to get back to an exit they missed though, so I have to say I believe that is unique to a tourist area with lots of out of town visitors.

By the way, let me emphasize lighthearted...it was a joke...I don't know why FL residents get a discount and not CA residents. There is not a FL resident discount being offered on the cruie we just booked anyway, so we didn't get anything either.

When people go on vacation - anywhere! - they should remember to pack their manners, especially patience. They should remember that people live where they are visiting, and quite often those locals are the ones working to give them that special vacation they have saved up and hoped for. It does no one good - not the locals, not the workers, not the other visitors - to be rude on vacation.

If you personally have never gone reverse down the highway, or let your kids push over 2 year olds and laugh about it, or gone shirtless to a grocery store, or done a similarly rude and brainless thing on vacation, then you should not be offended because you are not who I am referring to.

Thanks for posting that this was just humor. It's so hard to tell sometimes and I took it at face value after the second post.

BTW - I've seen people reverse for missed exits numerous times. Some in Kansas City and some here in Denver. I wouldn't call either one a heavy tourist area. I think it's just that there are "idiots" on the road no manner where you live. I have to remember everyday that "rush hour" is simply an oxymoron.

As far as the other items...rude behavior exists everywhere unfortunately. I've seen similar behavior in Orlando but also in other places I've visited and lived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter