Why don't Fl residents get same discount?

JerJan

<font color=blue>I need the sunshine to SURVIVE!<b
I was just wondering why I get a big discount on my AP's because I live in OHIO as a DVC owner but my in-laws who live in FL get a much smaller DVC AP discount? It doesn't seem like they are being treated fairly (it's kind of discriminatory) just because they happen to live in FL. Can anybody help me out here? Don't you think they should be entitled to the same DVC discount, they paid the same price for their points as we did??!! :cool:

Disney traditionally does not discount something more than once, usually it's one discount or the other. They are already getting a substantial discount for being Florida residents. They are getting an additional discount to keep their price slightly lower than the rest of the DVC members.

They do, FL resident AP discount + small DVC discount above FL resident discount = similar DVC AP discount.

JerJan said:
It doesn't seem like they are being treated fairly (it's kind of discriminatory) just because they happen to live in FL.....Don't you think they should be entitled to the same DVC discount, they paid the same price for their points as we did??

Once upon a time.....if you changed your statement just a little bit to read....

It doesn't seem like WE are being treated fairly (it's kind of discriminatory) just because WE DON'T happen live in FL.....Don't you think WE should be entitled to the same DVC discount, WE paid the same price for OUR points asTHEY did??

My how things change in a few short weeks!

HBC

Please, please tell me you're joking...... FL residents get discounts on selected park hoppers, have access to the Disney Dining card and have always received a great discount on AP's.

No....I'm not joking. Just because they live in FLORIDA isn't their fault. As a DVC OWNER they should be entitled to the SAME DISCOUNTS as everyone else! If you live in Georgia right across the border you get the discount but if you live in let's say Jacksonville or Tallahassee you don't, that's not fair. Yes they get a FLORIDA resident rate but that SHOULD NOT EXCLUDE them from receiving the benefits that everyone slse gets as a DVC owner.

Is that really true? If you live in Florida AND own DVC you get a smaller DVC AP discount?

JerJan said:
Yes they get a FLORIDA resident rate but that SHOULD NOT EXCLUDE them from receiving the benefits that everyone slse gets as a DVC owner.

I agree. I'm shocked that they are not able to get the same DVC discount as members who live in different states.

ETA:
Are you saying they don't get the same price as someone who lives in GA, or are you saying that they don't get the same % off the APs they would normally buy? I think they should get the same price, but I don't think they should get an extra % off FL AP rates.

sarhenty said:
Is that really true? If you live in Florida AND own DVC you get a smaller DVC AP discount?
Yes, the FL Resident AP discount is only $25 I believe as compared to the non-resident discount of $100. I think this is fair as it makes the cost of an AP about the same for all DVC members.

poohj80 said:
Yes, the FL Resident AP discount is only $25 I believe as compared to the non-resident discount of $100. I think this is fair as it makes the cost of an AP about the same for all DVC members.
oh, I see (sorry poohj80... just missed you by a second). That makes sense...

An adult FL resident AP with tax is $318.44. They get an additional $25 off for being DVC owners. That makes it $293.44.

An adult non-FL resident AP with tax is $403.64. DVC members get a $100 discount. That maked is $303.62.

Can you explain to me how this is unfair to FL residents?

grim pirate:

The Florida resident DVC members still pay the lowest price available for APs. Whether the discount percent afforded by DVC is comparable to non-residents is, IMO, irrelevant.

Got a problem with it? Write your congressman.

Florida residents already get about $85 off on an AP. DVC is giving them another $25, so they now get about $110 off. Expecting to combine the discounts and get $185 off is unreasonable.

grimgrinnin said:
An adult FL resident AP with tax is $318.44. They get an additional $25 off for being DVC owners. That makes it $293.44.

An adult non-FL resident AP with tax is $403.64. DVC members get a $100 discount. That maked is $303.62.

Can you explain to me how this is unfair to FL residents?

grim pirate:

Thanks grim :). I guess she does want $100 off the Florida AP price. :charac2:

grimgrinnin makes the point but his/her figures are off a little because the discount is actually applied prior to the 6.5% sales tax being applied.

Here's the breakdown:

Florida Resident AP: $299 - $25 FL resident DVC discount = $274 + tax
....Florida Resident final cost = $274 + $17.81 tax = $291.81

Non-Florida Resident AP: $379 - $100 DVC discount = $279 + tax
....Non FL resident final cost = $279 + $18.44 tax = $297.14

So in the final analysisfor regular Annual Passes is .....

Florida Resident DVC owners get a larger discount than any other group that exists.

The next best discount goes to non-Florida residents who get the DVC discount.

The 3rd next best discount is the regular FL resident discount.

In reply to the OP, Florida DVC owners get a greater discount than non-Florida DVC owners. Not a smaller discount. Also, Florida residents can still get the Florida Resident Seasonal pass, a pass that is not available to DVC owners. The FL resident seasonal pass is $199 + tax. If Florida residents don't want the full AP they can still get the seasonal pass for $80 less than the non-Florida residents DVC discounted pass, ($75 less than FL resident DVC discounted AP) and only give up some blackout dates (and free parking).

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest