Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Mo!! I'm so glad your planning is underway, and going swimmingly!

Glad you had such luck with ADRs! We got stuck for BoG for 11 people, just couldn't get the right combo. Super glad you had better luck!! How soon after you booked did the special team contact you? We are booked CL at AKL in September too! Funny story: we may be switching to the Poly!! Pretty sure our dates over lap a bit, so I might actually get a chance to meet you and you darling family!!

I'm so glad you're gonna do 50s! It's really a fun meal, plus dad's bar has one or two yummy drinks. The banter there is something you guys will do so well with; hoping you'll video tape your experience cause that's some YouTube gold, I'm sure!

Your bucket list is awesome! I really want to see the Spirit of Aloha. i initially tried to do it this trip, but we've since changed plans like 45 times.

I like the idea of letting the kids decide the plans on their actual birthday. There are tons of yummy QS to enjoy.

Slick thinking mom! Can't believe the boys tried to foil your plans with a party! Teenagers, they don't know what's good for them. Glad Meg knew what was up, lol!

Can't wait to see as details unfold!!

Getting all caught up!
Boardwalk and Poly are my fav two resorts. You can't go wrong!
We are hoping to stay at Beach Club in May. The pools are great. :)

Just getting all caught up as we have recently moved. You have been through a rough couple of months. It sounds like things are finally settling down. The Poly CL looks amazing. I can't even imagine how thrilled the kids will be. A surprise trip to Disney will knock their socks off. I bet they have no idea. I cannot believe you got all those ADRs for 14 people. When we went in November I had trouble with 9. We definitely didn't get everything we had hoped for. It sounds like you are going to have a blast.

Ahhh... My #1 resort to stay at, some day - is the Poly and Boardwalk... They both speak to me. I do have to say though - when we stay at SoG, it's *almost* like we are staying at the Poly - since we use it a lot for our transportation hub and food... So, there's that.

I cannot believe you've never been to CP - what is wrong with you? PPO breakfast - it's the thing that trips are made of - you know that right? It's just not possible to END a Disney trip without going there... Ahhh, wait a minute - that's the deal... Your trips never really end? Right? Maybe we should stop going there too? :scratchin

And taking a trip to see Ariana - with out me... ??? Sorry - better make room for another person in that vehicle... And remember - I call shotgun... Unless you want me sick? ::yes::

Miss you my friend... Can't believe it's been so long... :hug:

D~

Hi Mo. Got my taxes done and filed. Thinking about upgrading to Contemporary or Poly. Contemporary seems so loud though. We have never stayed at a moderate. We did a value and deluxe. I should really stick to the resort I picked.

We have never done CP either, but it is on our ADR list this year. But not for PPO, since the reason for doing CP PPO is over.

Good Morning!
I hope your all have a good monday!
3184c62d110731214c6338a7a50b6d58.jpg

Mondays just are awful. AND i have to work to close tonight. boo. Normally will screw up my whole week from the lack of sleep starting on a Monday!

Mine for resorts would be: Beach Club, Yacht Club, Poly CL, Poly bungalows, PORS royal rooms, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, Contemporary. So basically anyone we haven't already stayed at...

Cinderella's Castle is a good one too!

Restaurants: That we don't already have scheduled for an upcoming trip:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Afternoon tea
Crt
Citricos
Victoria and Alberts
Via Napoli
Il Mulino
Chefs de France
Olivias
Raglan Road
Garden Grill

I'm sure there's more.

Stuff to do: Caring for Giants tour, Undiscovered futureworld tour, keys to the kingdom tour, marceline tour, vip tour, would kind of like to celebrate different holidays there even if it would be crowded, festival of the arts, maybe a 5k, if they ever brought back the 24 hour day I'd love to do that, disney wedding, all the different dessert parties. Basically everything :rotfl:

Youtube channels: gillianathome, disunplugged/the dis, ohyeahdisney. Just started watching thetimtracker too. I also just started my own channel "happiest haunt" but I won't have any disney videos till we go in may. I do have a few small things up though!

You are! :laughing:
:confused::eek::faint:
Good plan! :thumbsup2

I didn't even mention the Poly Bungalows! YES i need that too.. Which would be on that NO KID trip... LOL
Love all your adr wants. do you have a plan to do them?
YES the 24 hour event! I would love to do that!! I can pretty much say i won't be doing any of the runs anytime soon..

I will be looking up some of your you tube people!! I am looking yours up NOW!
I love tim tracker. and Adam the woo is a nut.

If I were turning 13 and the choices were a party with friends and a road trip to GA, my teenage self would have gone for party. You throw some awesome parties, so it is your fault. And, they are probably already talking to their friends about going on a road trip. Good luck with all that.

I still NEED to do my taxes. I wish they did them by themselves. I bought our flight tickets! Direct flights and that is a first for us. So excited!

HA HA HA HA it's my fault! That cracked me up. Tough toodles no party.
Your right they probably did say something at school. No worries IF any of the parents call i will let them in on my plans! they can play along.

I am SO JEALOUS. I do want to fly! this drive is a pain in the ***.

I'm definitely leaning toward Poly. We like the QS option there vs Boardwalk, which seems to not have decent choices. Of course we'll have a car this trip because I have to have it to get to the conference. Soooo, guess we could buy stuff for breakfast at a local grocery. Boardwalk would be wonderful for popping over to Epcot for F&W.

POLY DO EEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT
It's a tough decision isn't it? so you just plan the next one.. Like i am doing.. For the boardwalk.

So how quick/easy is it to get to Epcot from Poly? I would guess it's quicker to walk to TTC then hop the Epcot monorail? This brings up the thought of stay at the Contemporary with walk to MK and quicker monorail to Epcot? It's also less expensive, but I love the Poly theme and of course: Dole Whip! Ack, decisions.

Not bad just a short ride on the monorail as long as it's working! LOL
BUT it is my favorite way to get into Epcot! it's so pretty going around it. Comptemporary is on my bucketlist i haven't stayed there since 1978!!!
it's cheaper??? Really?

Lol at your attempt to get the kids on the road to WDW with the Atlanta trip. Have they seen pictures of that aquarium? Awesome! Also, Coca-Cola, as well as many other cool things in Hotlanta! Figures. Guess you should not have given them a choice! (Baseball game might be something to dangle in front of them, since they love sports--unless they don't care for baseball?)

I DID! those little brats were all excited about it before! birthday trip? nope.
Oh they will get in the car.. Since i will be doing the reveal before hitting the road i guess.

Taxes--ugh. I haven't even started. Got everything to accountant for my business, but I generally do the personal ones myself, which I don't enjoy.

Nope.. numbers are not fun. always room for error and scares the living poop out of me. So GOOD LUCK!

We FINALLY went for dinner on Christmas Eve....I was kind of underwhelmed :( It is BEAUTIFUL inside and very cool with the nighttime MK lights through the windows, but it our waiter was icky and we could never keep track of him. We were there over an hour and had to ask to see Piglet so we could finally leave....I think I need to get back here for a pre-park opening breakfast and give it another try!

Ohhh this is sad! Christmas eve dinner not so magical in the best place ever!
YES i want a PPO yet the opening show at the castle kinda ruins that too now.

This. Was. Awesome. I wish we had done it back when Jimmy was turning 2, but I was nervous he would be too scared to interact with the characters. Did you read this part of my TR yet? Your kids would love this!!!

No?? In the new one? i am behind and hoping to catch up today since this job is kinda slow.

Yes!! I remember reading about Arianna's Wild Africa Trek with her Mom and I kept thinking, "we must do this!" Rob, Dad and I finally did it on this trip and it was so incredible, I would do it again in one second!

I have SO many things still on my Disney Bucket list, but I have to agree with you on the ultimate----a night IN THE CASTLE would top anything else!!

No kidding I know Tess did it too! so FUN! Disney is seriously the only place we travel too because of all the stuff we want to do there!
Or i just move there and call it a day

Mo!! I'm so glad your planning is underway, and going swimmingly!

Thank you! and HI there!

Glad you had such luck with ADRs! We got stuck for BoG for 11 people, just couldn't get the right combo. Super glad you had better luck!! How soon after you booked did the special team contact you? We are booked CL at AKL in September too! Funny story: we may be switching to the Poly!! Pretty sure our dates over lap a bit, so I might actually get a chance to meet you and you darling family!!

I cannot believe the luck we had with ADR's i was in total shock!
OMG NO WAY! this would be AWESOME! they contacted me about a week before my ADR's were due. if not call them!

I'm so glad you're gonna do 50s! It's really a fun meal, plus dad's bar has one or two yummy drinks. The banter there is something you guys will do so well with; hoping you'll video tape your experience cause that's some YouTube gold, I'm sure!

oh I plan on making a lot of video's my parents bought us a video camera for Christmas!! Some may not be Disney/you tube appropriate? LOL

Your bucket list is awesome! I really want to see the Spirit of Aloha. i initially tried to do it this trip, but we've since changed plans like 45 times.

and will continue to change right? LOL

I like the idea of letting the kids decide the plans on their actual birthday. There are tons of yummy QS to enjoy.

I agree... honestly i am not going to stress myself out over it. we will get there and just say "where do you all want to go." if all three have different ideas we can go to those parks. NO BIG DEAL! as long as i get some sleep in a bed i'll be happy.

Slick thinking mom! Can't believe the boys tried to foil your plans with a party! Teenagers, they don't know what's good for them. Glad Meg knew what was up, lol!

I think they know but don't want to admit it. I'll explain in a moment.

Can't wait to see as details unfold!!

It's crazy!!

Getting all caught up!
Boardwalk and Poly are my fav two resorts. You can't go wrong!
We are hoping to stay at Beach Club in May. The pools are great. :)

Beach club is another one i would like to stay.. ohh i think i will be vacationing at Disney until i die.

Just getting all caught up as we have recently moved. You have been through a rough couple of months. It sounds like things are finally settling down. The Poly CL looks amazing. I can't even imagine how thrilled the kids will be. A surprise trip to Disney will knock their socks off. I bet they have no idea. I cannot believe you got all those ADRs for 14 people. When we went in November I had trouble with 9. We definitely didn't get everything we had hoped for. It sounds like you are going to have a blast.

How was the move? Hope all went well?
Life is crazy never stops just roll with the punches and keep on moving right?
I don't know if they know or not.. I won't give anything away and neither will they. So this is going to be tough couple of months!
I cannot believe it was that easy to get them all! I still haven't called the signature people. I should probably do that.. Then again shouldn't they cal me?

Ahhh... My #1 resort to stay at, some day - is the Poly and Boardwalk... They both speak to me. I do have to say though - when we stay at SoG, it's *almost* like we are staying at the Poly - since we use it a lot for our transportation hub and food... So, there's that.

I do love the poly.. Next trip will be at the boardwalk for sure!

I cannot believe you've never been to CP - what is wrong with you? PPO breakfast - it's the thing that trips are made of - you know that right? It's just not possible to END a Disney trip without going there... Ahhh, wait a minute - that's the deal... Your trips never really end? Right? Maybe we should stop going there too? :scratchin

Nope never been. One of these years we will get there.
And your right! trips never end!!! just keep going!!!

And taking a trip to see Ariana - with out me... ??? Sorry - better make room for another person in that vehicle... And remember - I call shotgun... Unless you want me sick? ::yes::

Your going to have to fight Tom for shotgun.. Don't think he will budge LOL!
We do plan on getting to GA one of these months! I want to see the aquarium!!

Miss you my friend... Can't believe it's been so long... :hug:

I miss you too,... :hug::hug:

Hi Mo. Got my taxes done and filed. Thinking about upgrading to Contemporary or Poly. Contemporary seems so loud though. We have never stayed at a moderate. We did a value and deluxe. I should really stick to the resort I picked.

We have never done CP either, but it is on our ADR list this year. But not for PPO, since the reason for doing CP PPO is over.

YAY for taxes done!
upgrade..
do it
it's only money... LOL!
Good i am not the only family that has never been to CP!
oh wait your going this year.

I'm getting ready to book Poly too!

YES!!!! go to the POLY!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!

I hope you all have a great night! hope to update you all tomorrow!

Last edited:

I didn't even mention the Poly Bungalows! YES i need that too.. Which would be on that NO KID trip... LOL
Love all your adr wants. do you have a plan to do them?
YES the 24 hour event! I would love to do that!! I can pretty much say i won't be doing any of the runs anytime soon..

I will be looking up some of your you tube people!! I am looking yours up NOW!
I love tim tracker. and Adam the woo is a nut.

Lol yes!

I'd love to try everywhere someday :rotfl:

Yay! :cheer2: I don't have much up right now, but I was in Chicago this weekend and I'm editing videos from that.

Good Morning and happy Tuesday (i wish it were Friday)

So what new in the world of Disney?
TONS!

First off there is a new Disney album for all us Metal heads!

Under the Sea

OK it isn't true metal but hey it's something different I will take it!
I have caught up with my friends you tube adventures underground teapot. Love em! even saw the Tink Video for the kids! Knowing they have this you tube channel i will not watch with my kids just in case they post one of the videos saying hi and surprising them with this upcoming trip.

We did meet with Bryan and Amy again we didn't talk too much Disney since we were at our house this time. Kids were everywhere. It was another 3am visit.
WHAT IS WITH THAT?? i only hope our Disney vacation do not last until 3am every night.. Just sayin.

Big new here... Bryan did say he is getting more and more interested in Pandora! I just looked at him. I am NOT changing the ADR's the best plan of attack is our day off might turn into AK late afternoon with QS? although i am not really digging the food options i have seen thus far.

I did receive a new Serendipi D~ Bag!

17626554_1535229346488814_6412544680388783649_n.jpg

My new Figment!!! I adore him!

AND!

17309525_1520947071250375_8544728761253929889_n.jpg

YES! Beaker! the best Muppet ever!! I am so so excited to carry him around!

Which put me into about 9 of her bags... I will have to take a picture of them all once i get Figment!
not including a wallet thing/lanyards/makeup bag.
Yes i am addicted.

We need ideas for Tee shirts and costumes.
Bring our your ideas please!

This past Sunday the kids and i had to take a petco run apparently none of the animals (4 legged kind) had food. While driving we did a favorites of Disney.
Favorite Resort:
Matt- AoA LK
Zack AoA Cars
Meg- Polynesian!

Favorite restaurant-
Per park
MK-
All three BOG
Epcot-
Zack Garden Grill
Matt and Meg Teppan Edo
AK-
all three- Tusker house
HS-
Sci-Fi

Favorite Snack:

All of them picked the Mickey bar! :mickeybar

Favorite Character to meet:
Zack and Matt-

Although later i found out Matt was scared to death of him. Until this and now you all know Stitch is Matthews FAVORITE character.

like you needed to ask:

favorite ride:
Tower of Terror
Test track
Journey into Imagination FIGMENT!
Splash Mountian
Mine Train
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

It kept going on and on and on.

Which then i asked..

Hey you do know there are other places to vacation besides Disney right?
They all said NO THERE ISN'T
Which made me feel all squishy and happy.. Just want to ensure i am not pushing Disney on them Like my mother thinks i do. :sad2:

6942d57857e148efc128c50493cc6458.jpg

I asked about an all inclusive resort somewhere.
They asked what it includes told them.. Not having it. Disney is where our hearts lay.. we will continue to go to Disney forever!!
images
52e3ab681c17991e832746e24aee8b4c.jpg

and there ya go..

BUT they all said they would like to stay at Contemporary one day... :scratchin

another little tid bit about Pandora is now you can buy a device which will help you speak Na’vi..
Yes they sell a Na’vi Translator
I say this now.. watch me come home with it.. Just like i said i was NOT going to buy the kids a Duffy bear.. you see how that went..

I need to go and make a plan for the reveal.. Still have no clue.

Remember I need ideas for both tee shirts and costumes!

Eeek! Love their responses. We get major flack for going to Disney so often. It's annoying. :headache:
If you will be celebrating their bdays while you are there, you could do bday shirts with the year on them.
I am the worst at costume ideas. Pinterst, lol.

Congrats! I got the Mickey Salute bag. I almost got sniped, but I think I did the sniping. Really wanted that one because of my families military service! It only makes 2 for me, but I have a third being made this fall. Yes I've become a huge fan of D's bags (well always loved her bags, just didn't get a chance to purchase until recently)!

Hey you do know there are other places to vacation besides Disney right?
They all said NO THERE ISN'T
LoL. I got grief about going there from a co-worker. They say they hate crowds so they won't go. There's so much there and you don't have to be in the crowds if you don't want to. I'm glad DH enjoys WDW also! Although we do alternate with scuba vacations!

I don't have much in the way of suggestions for costumes/t-shirts. I'm sure you are searching pinterest, etc for ideas.

I need to go checkout the underground teapot youtube!

First off there is a new Disney album for all us Metal heads!

YES! Added to my birthday wish list :rockband:

Yay, I didn't realize you had won!! I missed out on a custom spot AND the Love Mickey and Minnie by $5 :( I had to work on Saturday at 9:30, so I was trying to get my bids in before they closed and I had to officially work. So sad. Next time, I'll just take the day off! :flower1:

17626554_1535229346488814_6412544680388783649_n.jpg

AND!

17309525_1520947071250375_8544728761253929889_n.jpg

YES! Beaker! the best Muppet ever!! I am so so excited to carry him around!

Which put me into about 9 of her bags... I will have to take a picture of them all once i get Figment!
not including a wallet thing/lanyards/makeup bag.
Yes i am addicted.

Those bags!! I love Serendipi D~ bags...I do NOT love that I can't afford any of them! One day, I will manage it. Of course, then I won't be able to decide which character to get! I was torn between Marie and Bean Bunny (how is he the star of Muppetvision and STILL has no merchandise? What's with that, Disney?!), but that Beaker has me debating! Meepers gonna meep! :rotfl:

Remember I need ideas for both tee shirts and costumes!

We print a lot of Disney themed shirts where I work, but they are mainly just wedding/honeymoon ones. I will keep a look out for family designs though!

Eeek! Love their responses. We get major flack for going to Disney so often. It's annoying.

it's always people who have 1 either never went or 2 went during high time and didn't do their research.
It is SOOO annoying!!

If you will be celebrating their bdays while you are there, you could do bday shirts with the year on them.

This is a great idea..

I am the worst at costume ideas. Pinterst, lol.

You right i am not good with this either. I would rather go simple where i think they would go extravagant! too damn hot.

Congrats! I got the Mickey Salute bag. I almost got sniped, but I think I did the sniping. Really wanted that one because of my families military service! It only makes 2 for me, but I have a third being made this fall. Yes I've become a huge fan of D's bags (well always loved her bags, just didn't get a chance to purchase until recently)!

Aww I do love that salute bag! What's your other one? What are you having made?
I love her bags!

LoL. I got grief about going there from a co-worker. They say they hate crowds so they won't go. There's so much there and you don't have to be in the crowds if you don't want to. I'm glad DH enjoys WDW also! Although we do alternate with scuba vacations!

You can scuba IN Disney ya know.. LOL
Yes we will be going to Disney fo years and years to come! SO EXCITED! so much to do!!!

I don't have much in the way of suggestions for costumes/t-shirts. I'm sure you are searching pinterest, etc for ideas.

you caught me.. I have been

I need to go checkout the underground teapot youtube!

I love them.

YES! Added to my birthday wish list

I knew you'd love it!!

Yay, I didn't realize you had won!! I missed out on a custom spot AND the Love Mickey and Minnie by $5 :( I had to work on Saturday at 9:30, so I was trying to get my bids in before they closed and I had to officially work. So sad. Next time, I'll just take the day off!

I did win! Someone had bid after me yet apparently took it back. YAY me!
HA HA HA yes D bags are way more important than work! LOL!

Those bags!! I love Serendipi D~ bags...I do NOT love that I can't afford any of them! One day, I will manage it. Of course, then I won't be able to decide which character to get! I was torn between Marie and Bean Bunny (how is he the star of Muppetvision and STILL has no merchandise? What's with that, Disney?!), but that Beaker has me debating! Meepers gonna meep!

ha ha! Yes I do love my bags for sure! I cannot agree with you more there need to be SO MUCH more Muppets merchandise! I am a huge Muppet fan and i needed at least one bag. I have so so many more ideas for her.. I will keep her family fed for years.

We print a lot of Disney themed shirts where I work, but they are mainly just wedding/honeymoon ones. I will keep a look out for family designs though!

Do you! yes please keep me posted in what you see!!

I get to leave early today for a hair appointment! yay! ME TIME!
I also need a eyebrow fix mani and a pedi.. But one thing at a time i guess. I will become human looking before the trip!

The dates for MNSSHP have been released and i am good to go for the 12!! YAY!
Love when a plan comes together!

I CANNOT WAIT TO SING THIS!

Aww I do love that salute bag! What's your other one? What are you having made?
I love her bags!
My other bag is Nemo with the P. Sherman mask zipper pull. Love it. I'm getting one made but I don't know what it will be. I gave her two ideas and let her choose! I figure the more leeway she has to be creative, the more I will love the bag!

You can scuba IN Disney ya know.. LOL
Yes we will be going to Disney fo years and years to come! SO EXCITED! so much to do!!!
I can't bring myself to pay to dive in the Seas. I volunteered as an aquarium diver for about 6 years, so I've done a lot of aquarium diving for free. It's fun, but I'd rather spend my $$ on other things since I dive all the time!

The dates for MNSSHP have been released and i am good to go for the 12!! YAY!
Love when a plan comes together!
I'm going to be there Oct 31, and figured I'd go on Halloween. But now that they announced Nov 1, I'm debating which day to go. 31st is arrival day and I had no other plans. Next day is first day of my conference, so I might be more tied up. Still debating, but really Halloween works out better with my schedule--and since both will probably sell out, I don't think it will make much difference.

I'm glad that Figment went to a good home. :) I loved that one, too! I have a Jungle Book with Baloo and Mowgli and a beautiful black and white Mickey with him holding a paintbrush. That one was a custom bag. I sent D some fabric that I had bought on a Disney Cruise years ago. It's the material from the colored side of the Animator's Palate wait staff's vests. D used that for the lining. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

We are still struggling with costumes for MNSSHP, too. We've done family costumes each time and I'm out of ideas. We've done:

• Peter Pan
    • Emma-Tinkerbell
    • DJ and I-Pirates
  • Toy Story
    • Em-Jessie
    • DJ-Woody
    • Me-BoPeep
  • Brave
    • Em-Merida
    • DJ-King Fergus
    • Me-Queen Elinor
  • Cinderella
    • Em-Cinderella
    • Me-Fairy Godmother
    • DJ-kinda lame, but he was the bodyguard
Em still wants to do a family theme, but I am struggling. I need to get on this soon, so I guess there will be a lot of Pinterest in my future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!