Why do people seem to prefer CSR over CBR??

I'm glad everyone likes the CSR over the CBR as it just means a better chance for me to get a chair by the CBR main pool. :cool1:

I was thinking of giving CBR a try but the pool there is going to be closed for most of 2008 so that knocked it out of the running. Maybe 2009.

We have stayed at POR, CBR, and CSR and we like the theming of all three of them. CSR is our least favorite for other reasons. The plusses it offers we don't utilize. We don't use the salon or the spa or the room service. Also, since our son is older, we usually don't go to the main pool. We use the private pools. In my opinion, CSR does have the best main pool, but the worst private pools.

It's the minuses at CSR that really put it on the bottom of our mods list. Now, that doesn't mean we dislike the resort. We do like it. It would just be our last choice of moderates. We do not care for the food court at all. Also, the rooms only have one sink. When there are four of us getting ready, we want two sinks.

All the other amenities are pretty similar in all of the mods.

We love the fact that the moderates are spread out. It makes such a difference in how quiet the resort is. Every trip we have had to a moderate has been very peaceful at the resort. That is important to us because we do take breaks from the parks every day.

Im glad to hear more people like the CSR. We are staying at the CBR in October and Im am thrilled. Im liking the thought that more people are at the CSR than at the CBR. More beach space for me!:cool1:

DH and I are not into going to pools. As 2 adults with no kids, the thought of going into pools, unless late in the evening, never enters our minds. Probably why we only use the Pleasure Island part of our Water parks and more option! We booked the CBR because it is spread out and has beaches. Just wanted a beach-like hotel for the short time we are actually at the hotel/room. Most of our Disney time is spent at parks during the day, Pleasure island at night. Room for sleeping/recovery.

CSR is the best. We love the food options at the resort, the place may be popular but it always seems like you have the place to yourself.

The transportation is some of the best we used at WDW.

The main pool area is fantastic! We use the hot tub a lot too.

But the number one reason is the theme. It is just such a romantic resort. The lighting, landscaping and atmosphere make it our favorite all around.

I've never been to either, much less stayed at either.

I have a theory, though, and it has nothing to do with whether one resort is truly better than the other:

CSR's theming suggests a place that is much farther away, and much more different in appearance, weather, etc. than CBR is from Orlando.

While some of the locales being imitated by CBR are often less than 500-750 miles away or so by air, with similar weather to Orlando, CSR's locales are much, much farther away and reflect much more different cultures, weather, and appearances than CBR does.

By the same token, and assuming the same kind of quality in both resorts (I know, not a safe assumption), CBR would probably do much better if it were built at Disneyland than CSR would do, due to Disneyland's much closer proximity to southwestern areas than to Caribbean areas.

I think people enjoy Disney's ability to make it seem like you are somewhere rather than just in central Florida. CBR doesn't provide that as much as CSR does, especially when you consider you can hop in a small plane at MCO, or even a GA airport, and be in a real Caribbean location in a very short time. It's not so easy or quick to get to southwestern areas from there.

I would love to stay at either CSR or CBR because that would mean I'd be at disney world!!! Not sure which one I would try first but it will have to wait because this year will be at the Poly!!!! My sister has stayed at both and likes the atmosphere at CBR better but liked CSR as a whole better. She really liked the PM and their food selections.

I didn't think I would like CSR (I'm not into a lot of spanish style theming with overly bright colors) but I had a short stay a few years ago and found that I fell in love with it. Disney did a beautiful job there and the resort is what I would call deluxe lite with room service, workout facilities and salon services. I also love the pool and slide. I am not overly happy with the long walks especially on those days where you've been all over the park but you would get that walk at CBR as well. In the end and as stated above, everyone has there favorite and all of the resorts have both their good and bad.

We are staying at CSR this November. Our first trip to WDW, we stayed at CBR. It was ok. We were not very impressed. We decided not to stay there again. The funny thing was that I wanted to stay at CSR back then but DH said no. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to check it out and see if it lives up to the hype. :goodvibes

We had a wonderful stay at CBR 6/8-6/16 2007! We loved it! But it was a great fit for my family. My 7 yr old DS loved the activities at the pool and the food court. We would return to CBR someday.(We do like to stay at different resorts each time). We haven't tried CSR yet. But because we go to WDW at the beginning of June it seems to me that CSR looks very HOT as in landscaping. POR or POFQ looks more inviting as a summer guest. Maybe when we are older and we can return to visiting WDW during cooler temps we will try CSR. The photos of the Ranchos section looks like the sun would beat down on it a little bit too much.

We had a wonderful stay at CBR 6/8-6/16 2007! We loved it! But it was a great fit for my family. My 7 yr old DS loved the activities at the pool and the food court. We would return to CBR someday.(We do like to stay at different resorts each time). We haven't tried CSR yet. But because we go to WDW at the beginning of June it seems to me that CSR looks very HOT as in landscaping. POR or POFQ looks more inviting as a summer guest. Maybe when we are older and we can return to visiting WDW during cooler temps we will try CSR. The photos of the Ranchos section looks like the sun would beat down on it a little bit too much.

Maybe that's what it is about CSR! Kinda looks hot to me too! Maybe it reminds me of the desert!!

We really enjoyed our three nights at CSR back before our Cruise a year ago. Our room in the Ranchos section was right off of a quiet pool, Maya Grill was excellent and the staff was very helpful. I still remember the beautiful, early morning walk I took one day and how truly quiet and peaceful it was there. Buzz's pictures do a good job of catching the beauty of this resort.

All that said, I am a CBR lover at heart. I love all the mods, but CBR's theming, the rooms, the staff, and the quiet pools all just feel like a vacation within a vacation. I love the way you have a good view of the higher up fireworks of Illuminations from many vantage points around the resort. I also like the fact that the CBR bathrooms have the double sinks with that nice shelf underneath. We will be staying at CSR next June for a few nights and I am bit bummed because I really do love CBR. But the pool is down during our stay (although I read something about two of the quiet pools getting slides installed during the main pool refurb) so we chose CSR. Too bad all my tragedies in life aren't that "tragic"!!;) My kids are totally psyched to spend a ton of time in CSR's pool. They did think CBR's main slide was cheesey so I think that pool refurb is a good thing and hope they improve it. I do find the main pool CBR's weakest link. And CSR's strongest.

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. They both have a lot to offer. And in many ways I find them quite similar.

I also agree with the poster that said the love/hate relationship disers have with certain resorts changes. And sometimes a certain resort gets a bad rap and its hard to shake that. And on the reverse end, sometimes you read all the hype and then arrive only to be disappointed. That happened with me at Boardwalk, perfectly lovely resort but after all the SSR bashing on the DVC boards, I decided to give Boardwalk a try. Arrived to find myself going "huh" quite a lot of the time. I missed the dreaded SSR! But then I love CBR, Sci Fi, San Angel and think the music to Its a Small World is charming! ;)

I prefer CSR over CBR because I live in FL and I see the beach all the time. I like something different when I am on vacation. I guess it's all just a matter of preference.

I've never been even to visit a moderate. I made the choice of CSR for many reasons. The first being that we're taking a family vacation to the beach just a month before WDW. I thought two beachy vacations would be overkill.

After deciding on CSR (the clown masks at POFQ scare me!:scared1: ) I started researching and found the pics of the CSR resort beautiful and being a convention resort is also a bonus for us. Less crowded buses. I wouldn't NOT stay at CBR, though.

Im glad to hear more people like the CSR. We are staying at the CBR in October and Im am thrilled. Im liking the thought that more people are at the CSR than at the CBR. More beach space for me!:cool1:

DH and I are not into going to pools. As 2 adults with no kids, the thought of going into pools, unless late in the evening, never enters our minds. Probably why we only use the Pleasure Island part of our Water parks and more option! We booked the CBR because it is spread out and has beaches. Just wanted a beach-like hotel for the short time we are actually at the hotel/room. Most of our Disney time is spent at parks during the day, Pleasure island at night. Room for sleeping/recovery.

Just remember that the CBR lovers may not be DISers, and so you might find CBR crowded too. :sad1:

Personally, I LOVED CBR, but since we bought DVC we don't stay there any more.

Cigar I couldn't have put it better..You have to go with what looks good to you.. What looks good :banana: to a yankee from New York ,might be the pits :sad1: to a Kentucky boy like me..Personally I won't be happy till I've stayed at them all..By the way I will be at CSR in October..

In my opinion, CSR does have the best main pool, but the worst private pools.

I am considering staying at CSR. Can you please elaborate on what you didn't like about the private pools? We love to swim and that is an important factor in my decision. Thanks.....

I'm wondering about that too. We love the quiet pools at CSR so I don't know what the problem could be that made these 'worst' for the poster.

I actually think CBR is prettier than CSR, but I probably wouldn't stay there again because it is so big and spread out. This is the one resort where it would be worth it to pay extra for a preferred room! And also, there are no elevators, so we had to lug our heavy suitcases up the stairs.

Cabana pool, the lap pool. Also home of the spa, salon, tanning beds and steam room.
ea5z7l.jpg

Rancho pool

4zc4plg.jpg

4uw20lz.jpg

Cabana Pool
5zgah5k.jpg

4mtuhbc.jpg

66izy2e.jpg

We stayed at CSR for our second time and were sooo glad we did. We almost opted for CB because we had friends staying their but decided not to switch. Good thing. We visited our friends at CB and liked CSR much better. First, the pool is much larger and less crowded than the CB pool. The check in desk and guest relations is in the same building as the gift shop and restaurants at CSR making it more convenient and within easy walking distance ( not to mention that you can hop on the internal shuttle if you want). AT CB it's in a seperate building off by itself. The buidings at CB seemed closer together than at CSR making my husband feel claustophobic. The buses at CSR were hardly ever full and the bus stops at most of the parks are close to the entrances of the parks. AT MGM and the MK its the first bus stop you pass when leaving the parks. And most of all I love the resort grounds. They are truly beautiful, especially at night. My favorite is the Southwestern themed Ranchos, which we always get because its seems like it is the least requested location at the resort! Not a big fan ofthe Pepper Market but we usually eat at the parks anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter