Why Do I Cry... Does Any Body Else???

nblake05

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if I'm alone here... I am a 35 year old woman who still gets emotional over all things Disney! Does anybody else? I cry and get all choked up and yet I can't put my finger on why. Before we go to DW my DH and I watch YouTube Videos of other people's vacations or cute videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip. Then my husband looks over at me and I'm crying with no reasonable explanation as to why. I mean, they aren't tears of sadness, but I just get all choked up! I cry at Fantasmic, I cry at Festival of the Lion King...I cried the first time we walked in to the GF to check in. I really cry when its time to leave. Granted, I'm not sobbing or anything... but there is definately sniffling at the very least. Am I crazy... do I need therapy ( my parents think its wierd... my DH thinks its funny)??? Does any other, normally reasonable adult, experience this phenomena?

Not disney related but I cry a lot too...drives hubby crazy. Our neighbor (who is also our pastor) fell off his scooter and hurt his leg...he was in urgent care and I was trying to tell hubby and I was tearing up...Hello he is fine...ended up with a broken leg...yeah it stinks but really cry about it...maybe if it was my son with the broken leg but our pastor/neighbor/friend...yeah no need for me to shed tears...

Sorry I can't help but just to let you know you arent alone. I am sure when DS meets Mickey for the first time I will be crying lol.

DW cries at the end of every trip. We usually stay 3 - 4 times per year, sometimes more, and it never fails on the last day no matter if we are coming from a park or one of the resorts.

Ha, we haven't even gone yet and I already get choked up thinking about our trip. We're basically going on my dream honeymoon and the thought of being there with my HUSBAND is so overwhelmingly amazing. I'm sure I'll be a mess of happy tears the whole time we're there.

I get teary eyed while watching the video on the ME bus ride from the airport. LOL. EVERY TIME!!!
Nancy :lovestruc

Lion King, forget it! I was embarrassing my family!!!!:rotfl: Thank goodness it was a bit dark in there.

I know guys aren't supposed to admit this, but, "yup."

Certain Disney films can do it to me, but for me it happens a lot in Walt-related moments. The first time I saw American Adventure and they showed Walt in the montage I welled up like I was chopping an onion. Sometimes the same during One Man's Dream. And every single time I read a new Walt biography and get to the end. :(

So glad to know I'm not alone. But, I'm still curious... does anyone have any theories as to why we get so emotional? I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe if I could understand why, I could delvelop some self control. On our upcoming trip we are doing the Dine With An Imagineer lunch and I'm a little afraid I'm going to blubber like an idiot!

I didn't think I cried that much, but last week I was at MK watching the opening ceremony and kind of lost it a little bit. The characters came out, and there was this massive "ooh" from all the little kids, and it just did me in. Thank goodness I was wearing sunglasses :/ lol.

So glad to know I'm not alone. But, I'm still curious... does anyone have any theories as to why we get so emotional? I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe if I could understand why, I could delvelop some self control. On our upcoming trip we are doing the Dine With An Imagineer lunch and I'm a little afraid I'm going to blubber like an idiot!

There is no cure. . .just understand that there will be at least two or three of you like that in the group. While in California I was 20 minutes from Disneyland. We were there every other weekend (we is me and my now 18 year old). I cried every time the fireworks started, I cried if I watched a parade, I cried if I saw kids dancing in the "street" with castmembers. . .I still do. . .lol.

Do yourself a favor. . .don't worry about it. Most everyone will understand. . .trust me. . .

I didn't think I cried that much, but last week I was at MK watching the opening ceremony and kind of lost it a little bit. The characters came out, and there was this massive "ooh" from all the little kids, and it just did me in. Thank goodness I was wearing sunglasses :/ lol.

I love my really big Gucci sunglasses. . .they hide everything. . .lol.

I have cried numerous times at the parks just sitting and watching my daughters eyes light up at different things. I love to watch her during parades or fireworks because watching her eyes light up is more enjoyable than the parade itself. Also I do cry during a lot of Disney movies.

I get real weepy at Wishes, and pretty teary at other times too. I was very relieved to see that I'm not the only guy who gets like this. Totally not ashamed to admit it, just glad I'm not the only one!

I tear up everytime I walk down Main Street and see the castle for the 1st time. I cried this morning when my son got on the school bus and I realized that this morning would be the last time I put a first grader on the bus and the next time I see him he would be a second grader. I guess I am just a mushbucket.:confused3

In fact, as I was reading this thread, I looked over at hubby, and read it to him :rotfl2:

This explains me...When I TALK about disney, I cry!! I am MESS!!.:goodvibes

Something about all things disney, just tugs at my heartstrings!
We are bringing my dad for his first disney trip in october...man, I will be a blubbering idiot! :happytv:

I do this. I cry at some Disney songs. I cry at the commercials on TV, I cry reading the DISboards. :lmao:

When we get there I cry getting on ME, and I especially cry on ME when we leave. Walking into Epcot or MK gets me. Several of the rides make me cry, and I just about completely fall to pieces at the end of Fantasmic.

My family picks on me, because I have been known to cry at least once in EVERY Disney movie. (Up was the worst! :sad:)

and I just about completely fall to pieces at the end of Fantasmic.

My family picks on me, because I have been known to cry at least once in EVERY Disney movie. (Up was the worst! :sad:)

I agree with you on Fantasmic...I've gotten better though...the first few times I was a mess!

And yes UP was THE WORST!! We saw it in the theater...it was packed, and the whole crowd was sobbing...even my brother and he never cries!

I do this. I cry at some Disney songs. I cry at the commercials on TV, I cry reading the DISboards. :lmao:

When we get there I cry getting on ME, and I especially cry on ME when we leave. Walking into Epcot or MK gets me. Several of the rides make me cry, and I just about completely fall to pieces at the end of Fantasmic.

I was a sobbing wreck during the first few minutes of Up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter