Why Disney? Why?

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
Disney releases park hours. You make park by park plans including dinning reservations. You make fastpasses. Then about 45 days before your trip, Disney changes the park hours throwing things into chaos. Anyone else annoyed by this? I've heard all the reasons why they do this and they don't seem valid to me. Why can't they either come out with the hours and leave them alone or delay coming out with them. Just don't change them!

I really don't see it as a problem. When Disney decides to stay open later or open earlier wont affect the time I want to eat and once my FP+ is set the additional hours only mean more chances to ride a few things stand by. What does annoy me is the fact that I have to decide what I want to eat 180 days out. I don't even know what I want to eat tomorrow!

Here's an example. November 30 at HS had a 9am opening. It was the "green" park on most crowd calendars. We often stay away from the park with early opening. So we planned on getting up at a reasonable hour to be there at rope drop. Now, the park opens at 6am which requires getting up at a ridiculous hour to be there at rope drop. That's annoying.

We plan for PPO character breakfasts because DGS likes them as well as the breakfast food better than lunches or dinner foods, it’s also less expensive. We then build a RD ride into our plans so we can fast pass another popular attraction. It messes up our plans when this happens because we prefer character meals to meeting the characters elsewhere for time saving but also because he’s on the spectrum and does so much better when he can slowly get used to them, otherwise we can’t get good pictures and he’s stemming during the whole encounter!

It doesn't bother me at all when they extend evening hours, its a bonus.
Not quite as happy when they change opening to earlier as that can change the way i would have done my FPs. Rarely am I able to change them to take advantage of the earlier opening time, but can do more rides in extra time, then start FP later.

Disney releases park hours. You make park by park plans including dinning reservations. You make fastpasses. Then about 45 days before your trip, Disney changes the park hours throwing things into chaos. Anyone else annoyed by this? I've heard all the reasons why they do this and they don't seem valid to me. Why can't they either come out with the hours and leave them alone or delay coming out with them. Just don't change them!
It doesn't bother me as we aren't rope droppers. DGD doesn't want to get out of bed until the sun is high in the sky so I rarely book any FPs before 10:00 AM thus it really doesn't signify if opening or closing hours are changed. The man and I are earlier risers so we enjoy a leisurely breakfast, walk or swimming time w/o Sleeping Beauty.

Here's an example. November 30 at HS had a 9am opening. It was the "green" park on most crowd calendars. We often stay away from the park with early opening. So we planned on getting up at a reasonable hour to be there at rope drop. Now, the park opens at 6am which requires getting up at a ridiculous hour to be there at rope drop. That's annoying.

It’s 7 am, but I understand. We’re going to HS that day too and we’re going to be exhausted. But I expected them to change the hours Thanksgiving week. So we’ll be there bright and early, and be done after lunch. Then naps and rest.

I am hoping they change the hours for our April 2020 trip. The hours aren't that good at all and I am hoping they stay open later. MK is only open until 9pm every night we are there. :(

i think that the alternative would be worse: they announce 7am openings and 12am closes and then decide to scale back because attendance is down, so people get emails that their 7:15 ADR or their 11:45 FP is no longer available because the Magic Kingdom hours are now 9am-10pm.

I am hoping they change the hours for our April 2020 trip. The hours aren't that good at all and I am hoping they stay open later. MK is only open until 9pm every night we are there. :(
Last year MK hours were extended to 11pm or midnight until the week after easter and then 10pm rest of month . Im expecting same as run weekend is weekend after easter

It just so happens that all the changes to hours in November do not affect the days I planned on being at each park. No hours changed for the parks on the days I planned. We wil be in WDW for 8 days.

I understand that they only want to extend hours if the crowds are going to warrant it; but I don’t understand why they wait do long to extend hours around Christmas? Is there really any chance the parks aren’t going to be super busy that week?

Some people get upset if they’ve booked a pre park opening breakfast and park hours change to open earlier. I get that.

This is exactly what happened to me and I ended up cancelling my breakfast.
I do get annoyed when they change hours, mostly because I have never been a fan of having to plan out what time I am going to ride a ride 60 days in advance, and if they expect me to plan my day out that far in advance then they should have their act together by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!