Why didn't Disney choose to make Giselle a part of the Disney Princess line?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When Enchanted debuted in 2007 I found it odd that Disney didn't make Giselle part of the Disney Princess line and I think they should've. Because Disney had great plans for Enchanted by planning to make Giselle part of the Disney Princesses and even have a face character of Giselle at the theme parks but it wasn't meant to be. You would think that with Disenchanted out now Disney would be promoting Giselle a lot more and giving her a lot more popularity

Amy Addams had it put in her contract in 2007 that Disney couldnt use her likeness on merchandise and only use an actress for a short promotional period in the park. Giselle drove by in a carriage, waving at guests. No meet & greets.

I wonder if Disney had big plans with Enchanted because it was more a romcom, not necessarily a kids movie.

You would've thought that with as big of a success Enchanted could've had more promotion at the parks because a Giselle character would have been pretty to see. But Enchanted I think was a kids movie because the movie has no explicit language or scenes that kids couldn't see or hear and the only thing I found in Enchanted that might be scary is the witch scenes. But now that Disenchanted is out a Giselle face character should be made

If Disney wanted to make Giselle part of the official princess line, they would have to pay Amy Addams for the rights to use her face/likeliness, and Disney didn't want to spend the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter